THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Active Tourer Discussions HiFi System and Sport auto questions!

11-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #1
Fille
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 520d -15

HiFi System and Sport auto questions!

Hey everybody!

We're about to pull the trigger on the new active tourer but I have a few questions that it'd be awesome to have answered before I order it. Which are:

What's the difference between the standard and the HiFi system? How many speakers are either of them? I'm guessing the standard is 6 speaker, as in my current F30. But how many are there on the HiFi, and what wattage is it? Is is worth the money? (Harman Kardon is unnecessary for me)

Also, is it the same for the Active Tourer as with the F30 3 series that the sport automatic shifts faster? Or is it just that it has paddles ?

Thanks in advance and I will hopefully see you guys here later when I get mine, and hopefully we're more people here then !
      11-18-2014, 05:46 AM   #2
Fanis
Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: 116i (F20) Auto

Garage List
Th Hi-Fi system has 7 speakers (instead of 6), it is 205 Watt and in theory the speakers are of better quality than the standard ones.

The Harman Kardon has 12 speakers and it is 360 Watt.
2005-07: BMW 325ti (E46)
2004-05: BMW 318i (E36)
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2014, 05:13 PM   #3
Fille
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 520d -15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanis View Post
Th Hi-Fi system has 7 speakers (instead of 6), it is 205 Watt and in theory the speakers are of better quality than the standard ones.

The Harman Kardon has 12 speakers and it is 360 Watt.
Thanks a lot!
      12-13-2014, 06:21 PM   #4
HORACE
England
Rep
Drives: X1

Main difference is flappy paddles
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2015, 07:42 AM   #5
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Go for the Harman Kardon...standard and top hi fi sounds terrible IMHO
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 04:24 AM   #6
HORACE
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fille View Post
Hey everybody!

Also, is it the same for the Active Tourer as with the F30 3 series that the sport automatic shifts faster? Or is it just that it has paddles ?

Thanks in advance and I will hopefully see you guys here later when I get mine, and hopefully we're more people here then !
The Sport auto has flappy paddles and also Launch control. I've never had launch control but maybe someone else can give a description of it.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 10:58 AM   #7
HORACE
England
Rep

Great website below gives fuller details than BMW.co.uk
Here's details of the auto box
Steptronic transmission.
The 6-speed or 8-speed Steptronic transmission sets new benchmarks in comfort and dynamic performance and is a key element of BMW EfficientDynamics.
The particularly fine increments between gears facilitate optimum power delivery at all speeds. This reduces fuel consumption significantly, while allowing the driver to enjoy increased sportiness and dynamic performance. At high speeds in particular, the additional gears reduce engine speed, in turn decreasing both fuel consumption and engine noise.

The converter clutch also helps – even if the car is in manual mode. In combination with the fast engine speed transitions and the precise transmission tuning, it provides a very high level of shifting comfort and reduces noise considerably.

Thanks to the 8-speed Steptronic transmission from BMW EfficientDynamics, it is now possible to actively boost performance in vehicles with the new Predictive Drive Train via the Driving Experience Control. In Sport mode, the transmission control uses data from the navigation system (required) to deliver even greater dynamic responsiveness based on route characteristics. As suggested by its name, Comfort mode offers a comfort-oriented shift programme with fewer shifts.

The 8-speed Steptronic Sport transmission makes changing gears exceptionally pleasant thanks to fast engine speed transitions and shorter shift times. It adapts to suit individual driving styles. It is perfect for everything from comfortable cruising through to a very dynamic drive. In addition to automatic gear selection, it is of course possible to shift gears manually at any time. This is done using the gear lever, or the gearshift paddles on the Sport leather steering wheel or M leather steering wheel.

In Sport mode, the gear shifts are configured for maximum performance. Acceleration is optimised due to very finely tuned gradation of the eight gears. What is more, the engine is continually optimised to guarantee the best possible performance and driving characteristics. Maximum acceleration from a standing start is made possible by Launch Control: this feature shifts automatically in order to make use of the engine's optimum rpm range. Additional sport-oriented shift programmes guarantee an exceptionally dynamic driving experience, with shorter shift and reaction times and the capacity for multiple downshifts.

When travelling at high speeds, the eighth gear reduces engine speed and fuel consumption, as well as engine noise. This is also where the newly developed converter clutch comes into play. The 8-speed Steptronic Sport transmission delivers outstanding performance, efficiency and convenience when changing gears.
http://www.bmw.com/com/en/newvehicle...ronic.html#t=l
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 09:51 AM   #8
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

I heard from my dealer that the sport auto is 8 speed and normal auto 7 speed. Still thinking about the HK.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 10:16 AM   #9
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Looks like it is six speed and eight speed, well I guess he was just saying it on top of his head...
Appreciate 0