THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum How many trips to the dealer have you had in your 2?

08-06-2015, 06:01 AM   #23
isthar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftwaffe1O1 View Post
...and my navigation started to restart itself. First trip for this, car was in there a week, they replaced the nav screen etc. Get the car back, within a few days starts again, goes back in, needed a new computer entirely I guess. Took another week and a half.

My car is in for its first true reason - the idrive restart. They are upgrading SW to the latest I-level (mine was still at factory mid 2014).

Luft - what was your symptom? A string of restarts on occasion? I've narrowed it to this:

After a normal ... say 20 minute trip
Shut off car (full lock)
Then shortly (say w/in 5 minutes) come back and start her up again
iDrive reboots
then shortly after logo and things initializing... reboots
then again...

and usually then it is done and stays on.
      08-06-2015, 12:20 PM   #24
Declio
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

My m235i (1000 miles) is currently at the dealer for the 2nd time, same issue. The issue is related to Connecteddrive apps not showing up and real time traffic information not working.

First time I dropped it off and they were still troubleshooting this same issue on another "donor" m235i and knew they wouldn't be able to get to it quickly, so I picked it back up the same day.

Currently, they are ordering a new telematics unit to replace mine. I asked them to look into a rattle in the driver's side B-pillar area while it's there.

Doesn't really bother me too much since neither of these issues have affected my enjoyment of the car. And in a way, it feels good to get your "money's" worth out of the BMW coverage.

Decided to try out the X1 loaner this time. Not a fan.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 12:24 PM   #25
MrBucket
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 6MT Exec Pack

13 months

once for iDrive issues with the car just stopping playing music being streamed even though my phone is still playing, this still happens and happened yesterday
drivers side taillight got some water in it and was replaced
1 year service

I don't count having the LSD installed since that was completely my own doing.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 12:33 PM   #26
Merc for hire
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT

One trip in 5 month so far due to the dumb manual shifter design that gets the lever to get caught in the reverse gate when it's intended to go into 2nd gear.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #27
Luftwaffe1O1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i, 2000 Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthar View Post
My car is in for its first true reason - the idrive restart. They are upgrading SW to the latest I-level (mine was still at factory mid 2014).

Luft - what was your symptom? A string of restarts on occasion? I've narrowed it to this:

After a normal ... say 20 minute trip
Shut off car (full lock)
Then shortly (say w/in 5 minutes) come back and start her up again
iDrive reboots
then shortly after logo and things initializing... reboots
then again...

and usually then it is done and stays on.

Yep exactly what you are experiencing, it would happen when I started the car. Most commonly in the mornings though, but later on started happening throughout the day. If you let it reboot enough times it would start up completely again, this happened to me when I was on my way to the dealer ironically. It was rebooting constantly all the way there, I got within 2 miles of the place, and it booted up.

Thankfully the error codes were there. They did a software update, then replaced the nav screen. After that it kept happening so they replaced the rest, new radio/and computer etc.

Hasn't happened since then.
      08-06-2015, 02:35 PM   #28
mcom
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpine WT M235i Vert

I just dropped it off yesterday... went in for my 10k 'service' (oil change) and was told it should not have been brought in until 12k miles... had them move it up for me anyway and they thankfully complied.

No Issues whatsoever (knock on wood) except a couple of road rash/ rock issues. had it since late Feb.
      08-06-2015, 02:37 PM   #29
Luftwaffe1O1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i, 2000 Z3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcom View Post
I just dropped it off yesterday... went in for my 10k 'service' (oil change) and was told it should not have been brought in until 12k miles... had them move it up for me anyway and they thankfully complied.

No Issues whatsoever (knock on wood) except a couple of road rash/ rock issues. had it since late Feb.
12k? Hmm odd, mine was set for 10k, and they even called me earlier since my year was up when I was at like 9100 miles.
      08-06-2015, 04:20 PM   #30
SDKevin
Cone Killer
Rep
Drives: 2024 M240i, Ducati 1299S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
Free swirls in your paint finish? I'm sure they do.
You must have a shitty dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 04:33 PM   #31
BeeEmmMT
Rep
Drives: 2013 Sonata 2.0T

Thanks for all the responses guys! This has very much restored my faith in the car. Now I've just got to find the time to get over to Spokane to drive one!

I have been told that the "Service" light can only be turned off by a BMW dealer is this true? Not that I have a problem with driving to Spokane once a year to get the oil changed for free, I'm just curious!

Thanks,
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 04:14 PM   #32
isthar
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declio View Post
My m235i (1000 miles) is currently at the dealer for the 2nd time, same issue. The issue is related to Connecteddrive apps not showing up and real time traffic information not working.
FYI,I can tell you that your issue is the computer rebooting, not that ConnectedDrive services or RTI don't work - see, it is my observation that upon a hard reset, those services just take time to re-authenticate back to the mothership for reauthorization and enablement. You can speed the process up by going to ConnectedDrive, press Options and choose the "Update BMW Assist" link. Also manually use the options for BMW Online as those connect to BMW to show you what you have. I found that those usually kick the services back online. RTI is similar, you're experiencing the delay in re-setting those services.

I'm going to try and mention what your dealer is doing, to mine.
      08-07-2015, 07:06 PM   #33
Declio
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthar View Post
FYI,I can tell you that your issue is the computer rebooting, not that ConnectedDrive services or RTI don't work - see, it is my observation that upon a hard reset, those services just take time to re-authenticate back to the mothership for reauthorization and enablement. You can speed the process up by going to ConnectedDrive, press Options and choose the "Update BMW Assist" link. Also manually use the options for BMW Online as those connect to BMW to show you what you have. I found that those usually kick the services back online. RTI is similar, you're experiencing the delay in re-setting those services.

I'm going to try and mention what your dealer is doing, to mine.
Thanks, but this certainly wasn't the issue with mine. My RTTI and apps would not show up no matter how long the car was on. Additionally, the Update BMW Assist option was greyed out.

I just got back from picking my car up from the dealer. They replaced the TCU and reprogrammed the car, which fixed the RTTI and apps issue. However, I'm now getting the SOS Call Malfunction error...so might be another trip in my future.

And actually there is definitely another trip in my future since the dealership scratched my rear bumper up when doing the work. They are going to repaint it.
Appreciate 0