THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery How does the ED delivery date/time selection process work?

06-14-2015, 08:51 AM   #1
MegaMatt3
Bimmer Candidate
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

How does the ED delivery date/time selection process work?

Hi all,

So I've given my dealer a $2k deposit on the M235i for ED. I have a preferred week in October (week of Oct. 11) that I'd like to take delivery in Munich. My dealer told me that the way it works is he'll submit that week as my preference, then they'll get back to him with specific date and time options during that week, then I'll pick my final date and time from there. Sounded good.

But since then he's started to get a little flaky. I put the deposit down last Monday, and he told me he should know something about the dates within a couple days. When Friday rolled around and I hadn't heard anything, I e-mailed him. Here's how the conversation has gone thus far:

Me
Are we still waiting on date candidates for October? Any progress on that?

Dealer
Already submitted all the documents for that date lock. I am sure we are good.

So I'm already thinking, "What does 'we are good' mean?!" I thought there was more to it than just submitting documents and "being good"?

Me
I thought we were going to submit the week of the 12th (that Monday), then get options back. I'd hoped to have specific date and time options. Did I misunderstand how the process works?

Dealer
I did submit for that week. I am awaiting confirmation. I don't think we are going to have a problem with that date

I'm thinking, "What date? I gave you a whole week's worth of options."

And I haven't responded to that e-mail. So I'm really confused. How is this process supposed to work? And how long does it typically take to nail down a date and time? I really need to start looking at flights...

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 09:41 AM   #2
3PedalMINI
Saving The Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Manual 18 M3

Garage List
Usually you provide 3 dates for delivery IE Oct 12-13-14 Most of the time you always get the first day (12)

I was A bit different as my only caveat was to do delivery before the july 15th shut down so I could do the factory tour! It also is one of the busiest times of the year for them so I just told my CA Get me a date between July 1-14, If i could have a preferred date it would be the 8th...Sure enough I got it!

Your close enough to me, if your starting to question your dealer I would recommend talking to Chris Telamini @ Turnersville BMW ($2000 deposit sounds like alot). I got $500 over ED invoice and they have tons of experience with ED (infact they are the dealer that sold 80% of the M3/M4 Launch event last year!

M235i 5/1/2015 ED July 8th @ 4:40pm with PCD Delivery September 9th Gone July 2nd 2018
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 10:14 AM   #3
TBro2002
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i M-Sport

After giving my CA the 3 dates for ED, it took about 2-3 days to get a confirmation of the first choice. It's not a complicated process for a CA experienced with doing ED's. I also agree that $2000 deposit seems high. My CA required no deposit.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2015, 10:01 PM   #4
krhodes1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Wagon

Garage List
2011 128i  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i Touring  [10.00]
As has been said, you usually pick 3 dates, and it is somewhat unusual to not get your first choice if you are asking a decent amount in advance. You can also ask for an early or late pickup. I asked for late last time due to flying in the same day (big mistake), and they gave me 4:30pm. This time I asked for early and got 9:10am. I got my confirmation of date and time in about 5 days this time around, I think it was quicker last time. You should get an e-mail directly from BMW - mine went into my spam folder. Your CA gets copied on that same e-mail, so in theory they find out at the same time you do.

I'm doing ED on 8/21, and when I asked for factory tour tickets they responded the factory was closed from 8/3-8/24. I am very much bummed about that, as I did not get to do it last time either. I may try to re-arrange my trip to pass back through Munich so I can do it at a later date, I'm over there until 9/12.

'11 328! Touring - Tasman on Chestnut, 6spd manual, factory upside-down "i" option
'11 128i Convertible - Space Gray on Savannah Beige, 6spd manual,
also '14 Mercedes-Benz E350 wagon, '95 Land Rover Discovery, '74 Triumph Spitfire
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 08:34 PM   #5
MegaMatt3
Bimmer Candidate
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhodes1
As has been said, you usually pick 3 dates, and it is somewhat unusual to not get your first choice if you are asking a decent amount in advance. You can also ask for an early or late pickup. I asked for late last time due to flying in the same day (big mistake), and they gave me 4:30pm. This time I asked for early and got 9:10am. I got my confirmation of date and time in about 5 days this time around, I think it was quicker last time. You should get an e-mail directly from BMW - mine went into my spam folder. Your CA gets copied on that same e-mail, so in theory they find out at the same time you do.

I'm doing ED on 8/21, and when I asked for factory tour tickets they responded the factory was closed from 8/3-8/24. I am very much bummed about that, as I did not get to do it last time either. I may try to re-arrange my trip to pass back through Munich so I can do it at a later date, I'm over there until 9/12.
Thanks. Do you pick your date AND time at the same time, or just the date?

I still haven't heard anything from my dealer or BMW on dates... :
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 08:46 PM   #6
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMatt3 View Post

You pick the date, they pick the time, try to get there early and usually they can bump you up so you can take the factory tour. My delivery was to be in the afternoon, but we checked in at 8:30 and they moved our delivery to 9:15, so we could do the tour.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #7
MegaMatt3
Bimmer Candidate
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMatt3 View Post

You pick the date, they pick the time, try to get there early and usually they can bump you up so you can take the factory tour. My delivery was to be in the afternoon, but we checked in at 8:30 and they moved our delivery to 9:15, so we could do the tour.
Ok thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2015, 10:34 PM   #8
shark715
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert

Matt, it pays to work with a CA that has lots of ED experience. Working almost 4 months in advance (we are taking delivery the same week you want) you should have little trouble getting your first choice date (so long as it's not a holiday and they are closed), and we were able to get the time of day we wanted (well, almost, we asked for 1:30 pm and got 1:50 pm). The time of day was important to us because our flight does not arrive in Munich until that morning, and we are driving to Austria just as soon as we pick up the car and want to arrive at our destination before dark. The $2000 deposit does seem high, our dealer merely asked us to charge $500 to our credit card. Our dealer had a production number and date and time confirmation 2 days after we placed the order.
Appreciate 0