THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Which option has the LEAST and MOST value for the money?

12-17-2016, 01:00 PM   #23
krhodes1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Wagon

Garage List
2011 128i  [10.00]
2011 BMW 328i Touring  [10.00]
IMHO, if you are looking to simply minimize depreciation, then the options to get are NONE, other than *maybe* the automatic transmission. But even there, I think that manual tranny cars sell for more money privately, less money on trade in, so it depends on how you dispose of the car. Most options at best get you 50% of their cost when you sell the car, and most really make no difference at all. Loaded cars probably sell faster, but they don't sell for proportionately more money.

So as others have said, buy the car YOU want and don't worry about it. Does whether you lose 20K in 4 years or $23K in 4 years really matter? Get what you want and maximize the enjoyment.

FWIW, on my '16 I got the Cold Weather Package, Tech Package, H/K and Estoril Blue paint for added-cost options, and manual tranny and sunroof delete for freebies.

I'm a little ambivalent on the Nav system. My phone is "good enough", but if you don't get it you get the less useful weeny little screen. If it came with the big screen either way it would be a more difficult decision. But I find myself using the tech stuff more than I thought I would. Ultimately, $2K +/- on a $50K car is rounding error for me, so I got it.

'11 328! Touring - Tasman on Chestnut, 6spd manual, factory upside-down "i" option
'11 128i Convertible - Space Gray on Savannah Beige, 6spd manual,
also '14 Mercedes-Benz E350 wagon, '95 Land Rover Discovery, '74 Triumph Spitfire
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2016, 04:18 PM   #24
rainfall
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A

Good to know, krhodes1. It's good to have an opinion from someone who has been on the road for a while
In that case, I don't think I will opt in for nav system. I will spend the money in other stuff.
Appreciate 0