THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Think this is a good deal for 2016 M235i?

11-04-2016, 07:17 PM   #23
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachos7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
As long as your happy that's all that matters. Those of us who have been around the block a few times just try to provide info - as long as you make an INFORMED decision, whatever that is, and the forum has done its job. Your next one you'll do a better job, and the one after that even better. It's tough if you're looking for something specific that has to be dealer stock bc you want a leftover or whatever. I've bought and sold close to 20 cars just in the past 3 years alone, with experience comes some knowledge.

For example, I put $4k down on my father's sport wagon lease knowing all the things that could go wrong. But I did it bc he wanted the car and wanted his payment to be a certain number, so I was ok potentially losing the money if something went wrong. He's in his late 60s and decided on his way home from chemo one day that he didn't like his 8 month old Audi anymore. At that point the hell with the "smart move" which would have been giving him $ each month bc he never would have taken it. Just do what needs done to make things happen.

Like as said as long as you know what you're getting yourself into it's all good. At the very least you had the wisdom to realize you didn't know what you were doing due to lack of experience and sought out some help. That's more than 99% of people do.

All that said at this point fuck it, beat the snot out of your car and enjoy it!!!!

Thanks for the comment and sharing that. Again, I learned a lot from this thread. My cheapness lead me to this forum and glad I did. So far folks have been great and its active as hell. Going forward I will know a bit more like comparing residual/MF with other dealerships. Find shorter leases to get better residuals etc. I think having the sales person break down the monthly lease should make it obvious what they are making. They kept going in circles when I try to do that. They lied about taxes stuff which I found out after.

This is the most expensive car I ever got into and real loving it. Don't regret a bit. The handling alone makes it so much fun to drive. I do intend to beat the hell out.

Again, thanks for all the advice. Will be more mindful (also turn on notifications) of the advice I get.
Best advice I can leave you with if they're not fully transparent find another dealer. So many scumbags out there (and I have family in the business) just be careful!
Appreciate 0