THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Delay in 2017 M240i Production ..........

10-24-2016, 05:03 PM   #67
SheriffBudLongneck
Rep
Drives: M240i

Mine is finally en route. Anybody else aboard the Otello? Supposed to land in Baltimore 11/3, and be in my hands 11/10 barring some unforeseen delay. That would put it at about 9 weeks all told, which is close to the estimate but painful when we'll be down a car for about two weeks after turning in a lease in a couple of days.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2016, 03:11 PM   #68
drdunkyn
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriffBudLongneck View Post
Mine is finally en route. Anybody else aboard the Otello? Supposed to land in Baltimore 11/3, and be in my hands 11/10 barring some unforeseen delay. That would put it at about 9 weeks all told, which is close to the estimate but painful when we'll be down a car for about two weeks after turning in a lease in a couple of days.
Add me to the manifest! I'm on for a longer ride than you, though, will be dropped off at Port Hueneme. Overall about the same duration as the first BMW I ordered, a 2013 335i vert, which was its last production year. I thought that ordering one at its initiation would take longer so I've been expecting the worst.

I would echo the thought that the cars that are taking "forever" to be made are simply due to some poor guidance from the dealer. They have only so many allocations for each model build, so if they can't trade from another dealer they're stuck with a more distant date. For those that didn't get production numbers for weeks or even months, I would bet a shiny nickel that they just didn't have the allocation.
Appreciate 1
      10-27-2016, 10:36 AM   #69
SheriffBudLongneck
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdunkyn View Post
Add me to the manifest! I'm on for a longer ride than you, though, will be dropped off at Port Hueneme. Overall about the same duration as the first BMW I ordered, a 2013 335i vert, which was its last production year. I thought that ordering one at its initiation would take longer so I've been expecting the worst.

I would echo the thought that the cars that are taking "forever" to be made are simply due to some poor guidance from the dealer. They have only so many allocations for each model build, so if they can't trade from another dealer they're stuck with a more distant date. For those that didn't get production numbers for weeks or even months, I would bet a shiny nickel that they just didn't have the allocation.
Welcome aboard!

Yeah, I had an allocation and production number right away, so there was nothing more my dealer could have done. But my SA did say it was likely to be here in 8 weeks or fewer to more or less coincide with my wife's lease (which went back yesterday) ending. Ubering across DC to work for the next two weeks is going to be costly and obnxious, but at least I'll have the new toy as a reward on the back end. Gonna have to get some stick time in before the winter tires go on!
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2016, 09:55 PM   #70
drdunkyn
Private
Rep

Agreed, some cases the dealer can't control. Looks like BMW Canada doesn't have a great track record for being upfront about expectations for timing.

Speaking of timing, having to Uber around DC for another couple weeks sucks, but maybe you'll catch a 2er putting out for a fare?! Haha... My 335i lease ended in Sept but I didn't have any luck getting an allocation until the day I turned the car in. I get to drive the wife's Prius to work while she kid-commutes with the family truck in the meantime. Makes the delivery all the sweeter tho....
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 11:13 AM   #71
SheriffBudLongneck
Rep

Well, Uber was already going to be expensive, but yesterday things got much worse.

The wife's lease went back on Wednesday. I gave her my well-loved and carefully maintained 2009 A4 as her "new car" while we wait on the 240. Yesterday, her first day of "ownership," a woman ran a stop in NE DC and tore the front off the A4. Thank God, my wife is OK, but the car is inoperable because the radiator cracked. I'm guessing the insurance will try to total it as the repairs will be expensive, but there's no way that check will be worth more than what a loaded, low-mileage A4 was worth to us. I'm totally heartbroken as it was my first nice car and I totally babied it. To top it all off, I had just put $1,300 into paint correction so it would be "like new" for her.

So, we went from a two-car household to a zero-car household in just over 24 hours. If it had been her leased car on Tuesday, it would have been the bank's problem. Instead, of course, it had to be the one we actually own on Wednesday. It's going to be an expensive month...
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 11:41 AM   #72
drdunkyn
Private
Rep

Holy crap, that's horrible. Glad she's ok, but what a complete kick in the sack. Definitely where our insurance fails us, but I suppose we can thank Murphy for that too. Hope it all works out in the end...at least your 240 is in sight! Well, actually out of sight, Otello has gone into no-man's land for now...

Cheers!
Appreciate 1
      10-28-2016, 02:11 PM   #73
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

LCI is right around the corner, one cannot get upset IF they happen to get a 2018 MY.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 06:08 PM   #74
drexplode
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: G26 i4x

Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
LCI is right around the corner, one cannot get upset IF they happen to get a 2018 MY.
stupid question but ill ask anyway - any renderings of the 2-er LCI available?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 07:40 PM   #75
SheriffBudLongneck
Rep

Quote:
Holy crap, that's horrible. Glad she's ok, but what a complete kick in the sack. Definitely where our insurance fails us, but I suppose we can thank Murphy for that too. Hope it all works out in the end...at least your 240 is in sight! Well, actually out of sight, Otello has gone into no-man's land for now...

Cheers!
Thanks man. Yeah, this too shall pass.

And you're right - the Otello going into No Man's Land is driving me crazy. Even if it was only going 20 mph anyway!
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2016, 10:19 PM   #76
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Good things come to those who wait...

Not at this point, but stay tuned. Expect updated LED headlights & tails, and hopefully a new rear bumper because it was IMO the worst part of the design, well on the M235/240i anyways. And if we are so blessed, a few new colors like a Darker Blue or maybe something like Carbon Black or the Orange on the M240i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexplode View Post
stupid question but ill ask anyway - any renderings of the 2-er LCI available?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 09:53 AM   #77
mwickens
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i Convertible

Mine left Bremerhaven on the Aniara on Thursday. Should arrive in Halifax on the 7th of November.
      10-29-2016, 05:49 PM   #78
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
Rep
Drives: I'm a hypermiler

Quote:

I am finally on the Otello too. I don't get mine until 11/17 on the West coast. *sigh* more waiting. I put in my order at the end of August too.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 05:55 PM   #79
Gimmethecash
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Latest status on mine is "released to a carrier and awaiting transport to the port of exit" so I guess it won't be on the Otello. I can't complain too much, though - less than 3 weeks from when I ordered and it's already off the assembly line & technically on its way.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 06:40 PM   #80
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmethecash View Post
Latest status on mine is "released to a carrier and awaiting transport to the port of exit" so I guess it won't be on the Otello. I can't complain too much, though - less than 3 weeks from when I ordered and it's already off the assembly line & technically on its way.
Mine wasn't supposed to make the Otello...but I called and it says "your vehicle is in transit, please contact your BMW center for more info" what does that mean? perhaps it made the earlier boat?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 06:42 PM   #81
drdunkyn
Private
Rep

Gimme definitely wins the prize for expeditious order completion. Careful in bragging about it though, you may incite a riot on this board... The website status takes a while to update, you're better off talking to a human about the latest. My car had been on the Otello for a few days before it changed status from "awaiting transport" online and on the automated phone status.

Bruin, nice to have company to get through the Canal, Longneck gets to jump ship a couple weeks before us! Mine goes north, yours goes south. It's a tough wait, but, well -- "first world problems" says it all. It'll be something nice to toast after Thanksgiving!
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2016, 06:46 PM   #82
drdunkyn
Private
Rep

E46, just call and talk to a human. They'll get you the TRULY most updated info including the ship. If it was bound for SoCal and is in transit, you probably made the Otello. W&W is the main Bimmer shipper and they don't have another out of Bremerhaven for a while. They pull into Port Hueneme on 11/17. Long after Longneck is doing donuts in his driveway... but he deserves it.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 07:03 PM   #83
Fugly M3
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3CX

Quote:
E46, just call and talk to a human. They'll get you the TRULY most updated info including the ship. If it was bound for SoCal and is in transit, you probably made the Otello. W&W is the main Bimmer shipper and they don't have another out of Bremerhaven for a while. They pull into Port Hueneme on 11/17. Long after Longneck is doing donuts in his driveway... but he deserves it.
My hope is that it did make the Otello...that ship left the 21st and my car was in Bremerhaven awaiting a ship on the 17th per the BLG folks. They indicated it would be on a later ship (Patriot at the time) but I was hopeful a customer car would have been given precedent over a dealer lot car and moved aboard an earlier ship...I have a message into my CA regarding that! If it did make Otello...that would make for a great Thanksgiving...not that a new car is something to be boastfully thankful for!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 10:19 PM   #84
Gimmethecash
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp

Quote:
Gimme definitely wins the prize for expeditious order completion. Careful in bragging about it though, you may incite a riot on this board... The website status takes a while to update, you're better off talking to a human about the latest. My car had been on the Otello for a few days before it changed status from "awaiting transport" online and on the automated phone status.
Heh, yeah I'll do my best not to go on too much about the quick build - don't want to get lynched, but it should give hope to those who've ordered recently or are ordering soon.

Given that the phone updates were giving me a scheduled build completion date of October 27, I don't think there's much chance my car is on a ship yet, unless those were also laggy estimates, but I can dream. I honestly don't know how the folks here who waited (or are still waiting) 4+ months have been able to keep sane.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2016, 10:31 PM   #85
martine_wedlake
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i Convertible

After 6 months of waiting I finally took possession of my M240i convertible. Melbourne red outside with black leather and fineline wood inside.

Today was a good day. For those waiting, your day will come also.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 01:23 PM   #86
drdunkyn
Private
Rep

Ok, Longneck -- Otello's in port! Now get your 240 off so she can get back underway and to Cali already!!

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 03:23 PM   #87
SheriffBudLongneck
Rep

Quote:
Ok, Longneck -- Otello's in port! Now get your 240 off so she can get back underway and to Cali already!!

Trust me, it can't get here soon enough!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 10:25 PM   #88
drdunkyn
Private
Rep

Quote:
Trust me, it can't get here soon enough!
Yeah, Buddy! Take some pics of her to tide us over!
Appreciate 0