THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Car loaded on ship after departure?!

11-02-2016, 02:56 PM   #1
mwickens
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i Convertible

Car loaded on ship after departure?!

I'd thought my car left Germany on the 27th, as per the Wallenius Wilhelmsen tracking website, but today a new line item appeared: "LOADED ON VESSEL" with a date of 31 Oct -- days after the ship left port.

Does this mean my car missed the boat, or is this a normal (but stupid!) issue with the tracking display?

*freaking out slightly*
Attached Images

11-02-2016, 04:21 PM   #2
drdunkyn
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i vert

Slightly irregular, IMO, I would've said it was just due to the delay in the log, but yours appears to be from the W&W website. Best way to clear it up would be to call BMW and confirm the ship that the car is on. If it missed the boat, there should be only 1 week delay in catching the next boat. At least yours doesn't have to go through the canal!
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2016, 06:14 PM   #3
yalmin2
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 230i

That's normal. As long as your VIN is found on WW tracking system, it means your car has been loaded. My status was also delayed by a few days.

For tracking your boat, you can download Ship Info app on Android phone and see exactly where the boat is, even out in the open ocean.
Appreciate 1
      11-02-2016, 06:57 PM   #4
mwickens
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by yalmin2 View Post
That's normal. As long as your VIN is found on WW tracking system, it means your car has been loaded. My status was also delayed by a few days.

For tracking your boat, you can download Ship Info app on Android phone and see exactly where the boat is, even out in the open ocean.
Whew. Thanks. I'm already tracking the ship. Was worried it was all for nothing. Very strange that the dates don't match up. Probably an antiquated backend running everything.