THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 2-series cons/pros/bugs/observations

08-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #265
Vlad-Miami
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i MW/CR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revartr
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
it cuts out for some people over bluetooth... go for a testdrive and pair your phone and try it... if it cuts it should do it around 2 minutes after started streaming
I mean, is it something that really only plagues the '14 models? Or is it something that's different for each individual M235i? Because the dealership I'll be leasing from doesn't have a '15 M235i in stock. So I'd have to drive a few hours to test drive one from another dealer.

Would having the enhanced bluetooth and usb help at all?

Thanks for the help!
enhanced usb and bluetooth - this us exactly what is lagging. my USB drops very occasionally when streaming, VERY occasionally. BTi am not even using anymore, since i charge a phone in a car anyways, so i just plug USB and stream through that. and it makes sense, since BT streaming drains battery and you will probably connect it to charge in a car anyway, so BT music streaming is not really needed. not a huge problem. wouldnt stop me from buying.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 12:27 PM   #266
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

for some people if works fine... for some others it doesn't... you could even try on a 228 or an older m235 and see if you have the issue..

i think you need enhanced BT for BT steaming...

it might depend on the phone too... i have issues with BT streaming on iphone5 but works fine on USB
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 01:09 PM   #267
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-Miami View Post
enhanced usb and bluetooth - this us exactly what is lagging. my USB drops very occasionally when streaming, VERY occasionally. BTi am not even using anymore, since i charge a phone in a car anyways, so i just plug USB and stream through that. and it makes sense, since BT streaming drains battery and you will probably connect it to charge in a car anyway, so BT music streaming is not really needed. not a huge problem. wouldnt stop me from buying.
I don't have a problem streaming through USB or bluetooth (I don't mind the battery drain, as I don't use my phone for work). I just like the "cordless" aspect of bluetooth. Plus, I'd really like to stream Pandora thru the BMW Apps (haven't heard/seen much about this, but it sounds interesting). But are you saying that you do have the Enhanced Bluetooth and USB and are still experiencing this problem?

Quote:
for some people if works fine... for some others it doesn't... you could even try on a 228 or an older m235 and see if you have the issue..

i think you need enhanced BT for BT steaming...

it might depend on the phone too... i have issues with BT streaming on iphone5 but works fine on USB
The dealer I'll be working with has a '14 228i in stock, so I'll try it out with that while I'm up there this weekend. I have a Galaxy SIII at the moment, but I plan on switching to an iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 within a month or two.

And bluetooth is standard for the 2015 model year, if I'm not mistaken (looked into this quite a bit). The "Enhanced Bluetooth and USB" just provides some extra features for navigation and BMW apps and the like, from what I can tell.

Hopefully I won't have a problem. It'd be really disappointing for my first Bimmer, especially seeing as how you can get a Ford for half the price that has no problems with this sort of thing. :/
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 01:17 PM   #268
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

ya for my15 they made BT standard but didn't know if you where getting my14 or 15

i use TuneIn thourgh the BMW app and works great on USB but cuts off on BT and you need to keep pressing play again and again...

thing is if you use through BMW apps you can't lock the phone.... (mmm maybe that has something to do... will try to remove auto lock) which is kind of annoying cause you can't have WAZE open for example and TuneIn in the background...

maybe i'll try deleting the BMW connected app and see if i can stream BT without having to have the phone with unlocked screen
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 01:21 PM   #269
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
ya for my15 they made BT standard but didn't know if you where getting my14 or 15

i use TuneIn thourgh the BMW app and works great on USB but cuts off on BT and you need to keep pressing play again and again...

thing is if you use through BMW apps you can't lock the phone.... (mmm maybe that has something to do... will try to remove auto lock) which is kind of annoying cause you can't have WAZE open for example and TuneIn in the background...

maybe i'll try deleting the BMW connected app and see if i can stream BT without having to have the phone with unlocked screen
Yeah, I plan on getting a '15. I don't know much about the BMW Apps (have no idea what TuneIn is, lol), but I really would only be using Pandora or my own music library for streaming music. And I just really like bluetooth. Never had a problem with it in any other car. :|

Hmm...maybe I'll opt for the Enhanced Bluetooth and USB, after all, if it will make things easier.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #270
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

TuneIn is an iphone app that lets you listen to radios... like i could be listening to Kiss FM from LA or radios from another countries

Similar to pandora but instead of streaming songs it streams radios all around the world
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 01:28 PM   #271
Revartr
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
TuneIn is an iphone app that lets you listen to radios... like i could be listening to Kiss FM from LA or radios from another countries

Similar to pandora but instead of streaming songs it streams radios all around the world
Ah, okay. I gotcha. Yeah, I'd basically just be using Pandora and whatever BMW app that accesses my personal library on the phone itself.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 07:33 PM   #272
danimal
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 228i

Garage List
Tried connecting my Samsung Galaxy S3 via the USB input today. It started charging, which is good, but I could not locate any music on it via my non-tech-package version of iDrive. The problem is that I keep my music on the SD memory card, not the device storage (because it won't all fit on the device storage), and iDrive only seems to be able to browse the directories of the device storage. Is there any workaround for this (besides using the stereo jack)?

Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 08:35 PM   #273
2+3=5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HX_Guy View Post
I always seem to accidentally shift is BACK and I want it forward all the time.

me too back AND front!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #274
ciwhamc
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i Alpine White

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+3=5 View Post

me too back AND front!
This pisses me off. I am tempted to take it apart and lock it back.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 05:48 AM   #275
Burgwood
Enlisted Member
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: M235i

Question,
my electric sunroof makes a pretty irritating cracking sound
when the car goes over less flat surfaces... as if its not closed properly or something.
is that common?
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 10:33 AM   #276
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgwood View Post
Question,
my electric sunroof makes a pretty irritating cracking sound
when the car goes over less flat surfaces... as if its not closed properly or something.
is that common?
I've had an annoying little rattle in my car. I made several attempts at thumping on various components in the interior of the car to locate the noise, but came up empty handed.

Then yesterday, I tried something on impulse. The rattle seems to be getting worse, and I was even more annoyed. I had the sun shade on the moon roof open (I leave it open almost all the time). So, I reached up and closed the shade. Viola, no more rattle.

I'll be letting my dealer fix this.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2014, 03:30 PM   #277
XplusYplusZ
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

My steering column plastic rattles. The quick thump technique seems to work, but after a few minutes of NYC roads, it comes back. Annoying.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 05:35 PM   #278
Vlad-Miami
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XplusYplusZ
My steering column plastic rattles. The quick thump technique seems to work, but after a few minutes of NYC roads, it comes back. Annoying.
no, this is not common. i have no problems with moonroof. the only unpleasant noise i have is from the front wheels on bumps. Seems abnormal to me, but i'll wait until i hit 10k miles and then let them check it.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 05:38 PM   #279
Vlad-Miami
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

hey guys, can anyone educate me clearly on how exactly to use launch control? I did look into manual, it says gotta be on traction mode. so far i can take off much faster without that launch control and dont have to wait whole 5 minutes inbetween launches. Am i doing anything wrong? The manual sais - hold acceleration pedal at maximum for 3 seconds. If i do that my wheels atart a burnout, which is not what it meant to be i believe. I would really appreciate some coaching!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 06:05 PM   #280
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
Quote:
hey guys, can anyone educate me clearly on how exactly to use launch control? I did look into manual, it says gotta be on traction mode. so far i can take off much faster without that launch control and dont have to wait whole 5 minutes inbetween launches. Am i doing anything wrong? The manual sais - hold acceleration pedal at maximum for 3 seconds. If i do that my wheels atart a burnout, which is not what it meant to be i believe. I would really appreciate some coaching!

It says up to 3 seconds. After that it turns off .

Make sure you are standing on the break (fully) as well as full engaging throttle.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2014, 06:34 PM   #281
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Hit DSC button once, put shifter into M/S mode, step fully on the brake, and quickly step on the gas... you should see a launch control message in the cluster
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 01:37 AM   #282
Vlad-Miami
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu
Quote:
Hit DSC button once, put shifter into M/S mode, step fully on the brake, and quickly step on the gas... you should see a launch control message in the cluster
i do see the flag for a second or so, but i dont see a point of this lsunch control. it is really hard to use, and why even bother using if i can not set up an rpm that i want? i can do the same thing without having to wait 5 minutes and in any car mode just by holding a brake and holding an rpm for a sec before the start.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 02:13 AM   #283
e90post_user
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
i do see the flag for a second or so, but i dont see a point of this lsunch control. it is really hard to use, and why even bother using if i can not set up an rpm that i want? i can do the same thing without having to wait 5 minutes and in any car mode just by holding a brake and holding an rpm for a sec before the start.
Strange thing - I can do launch control at the RPM I choose, and the time intervals I desire oh wait, I have one more pedal
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 09:31 AM   #284
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
Quote:
There is a very good reason why you have to do it quickly. The car has a torque converter which when you have accelerator and brake on heats it up quite rapidly! Anyone than 3 seconds and we would have blown transmissions from people sitting on launch control at stop lights waiting.

It's a gimmicky feature. The car launches itself just fine without it. But if it sells even a few cars? It's just software.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #285
Vlad-Miami
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killramos
Quote:
There is a very good reason why you have to do it quickly. The car has a torque converter which when you have accelerator and brake on heats it up quite rapidly! Anyone than 3 seconds and we would have blown transmissions from people sitting on launch control at stop lights waiting.

It's a gimmicky feature. The car launches itself just fine without it. But if it sells even a few cars? It's just software.
yeah, exactly. I can keep rpm manually just fine. Its much easier. And no, third pedal is non necessary for that at all lol )))))) the more i play with it, the better i become. My second drag racing event is this friday, i hope i do better this time :-)
Appreciate 0