THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Test Drive: Estoril Blue M235i

02-28-2014, 10:28 AM   #23
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebraska330xi View Post
Good to hear positive reviews. Saw the first one on a truck today. Looked small with an alpina b7 but very nice! I will say the E9x interior QUALITY wise was the best of the class IMHO. Design wise it may have been a bit staid, but I would say pretty timeless. 2005-9 audis are poor quality and that gen c-class was low quality from what I've seen. Excited to see how this drives myself!
I agree, if the E9X interior was well appointed. I mean this, wow. But you would have to be like top top of the line to get it.

Base:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300f22 View Post
+1 Test drove an M235i over the weekend. Liked everything but those hard plastic trims (especially, the door bins and the piece surrounding the rear A/C vents). Those things reminded me of my old MINI. I too own an E92, and felt like my E92 has better quality interior. It's not a deal breaker though.
I know what you mean there. The E9Xs are sweet no doubt, just a different animal. I had been missing the E36/E46 interior and style quite a bit through the E90 era. So I was happy to get that driver slanted dash back, as I feel it is so core to BMW. Ya it seems like they went a bit harder on the lowers, I know what you mean, but at the end of the day It will prob be null. I am just relieved this car was made because everything else in the BMW line now is SO bloated, expensive, and overdone. I would definitely mention that I think an E46 lover would find themselves very at home in this car. I am excited for this combination:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IZAGLO View Post
As mentioned in another post..I as well test drove the M235i last night and loved the car. Pretty much agree on all your points except i wish from the rear it had wider tires to give it that beefy look, other than that it was great..As far as speed...it has enough.I signed up for the M2 yesterday...but knowing me i may pull the trigger on this in the meantime...as well in blue. Have the dealer pricing one out as we post..
Agreed. I LOVED the wheels in person, wow, but why they didn't go staggard is actually a detail worth mentioning, oh well, wheels are wheels I guess. Kind of interested to see what CSLs look like on the car. Photoshop anyone? I would actually say the biggest anti enthusiast thing on the car is the lack of staggard wheel now that i think of it, i mean, wtf. Even like E46 330i's were staggard.

On another note, I also heard a lot of people on the E46 forum and on here saying that the EPS isnt ready for enthusiasts and I just disagree.
I think it is one of those things you just give a chance and realize that it actually has some positives. It really isn't a dealbreaker. I'm like, take this car up on the canyon, and really go hard on it, guarantee you will come away saying damn, what was I even worrying about and what an incredible machine. The steering was very precise on the car. I think a bigger enemy than the EPS would be just you know getting coilovers and an aggressive tune on it. It was so awesome. And I mean I am coming from the 08 135.. not a stranger to really heavy HPS. If I am not mistaken that was the lowest boost BMW had ever done on a production car.
Attached Images

Last edited by golf_234; 02-28-2014 at 10:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 11:09 AM   #24
Nebraska330xi
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi Sonora

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf_234
Quote:
Good to hear positive reviews. Saw the first one on a truck today. Looked small with an alpina b7 but very nice! I will say the E9x interior QUALITY wise was the best of the class IMHO. Design wise it may have been a bit staid, but I would say pretty timeless. 2005-9 audis are poor quality and that gen c-class was low quality from what I've seen. Excited to see how this drives myself!
I agree, if the E9X interior was well appointed. I mean this, wow. But you would have to be like top top of the line to get it.

Base:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300f22 View Post
+1 Test drove an M235i over the weekend. Liked everything but those hard plastic trims (especially, the door bins and the piece surrounding the rear A/C vents). Those things reminded me of my old MINI. I too own an E92, and felt like my E92 has better quality interior. It's not a deal breaker though.
I know what you mean there. The E9Xs are sweet no doubt, just a different animal. I had been missing the E36/E46 interior and style quite a bit through the E90 era. So I was happy to get that driver slanted dash back, as I feel it is so core to BMW. Ya it seems like they went a bit harder on the lowers, I know what you mean, but at the end of the day It will prob be null. I am just relieved this car was made because everything else in the BMW line now is SO bloated, expensive, and overdone. I would definitely mention that I think an E46 lover would find themselves very at home in this car. I am excited for this combination:

Quote:
As mentioned in another post..I as well test drove the M235i last night and loved the car. Pretty much agree on all your points except i wish from the rear it had wider tires to give it that beefy look, other than that it was great..As far as speed...it has enough.I signed up for the M2 yesterday...but knowing me i may pull the trigger on this in the meantime...as well in blue. Have the dealer pricing one out as we post..
Agreed. I LOVED the wheels in person, wow, but why they didn't go staggard is actually a detail worth mentioning, oh well, wheels are wheels I guess. Kind of interested to see what CSLs look like on the car. Photoshop anyone? I would actually say the biggest anti enthusiast thing on the car is the lack of staggard wheel now that i think of it, i mean, wtf. Even like E46 330i's were staggard.

On another note, I also heard a lot of people on the E46 forum and on here saying that the EPS isnt ready for enthusiasts and I just disagree.
I think it is one of those things you just give a chance and realize that it actually has some positives. It really isn't a dealbreaker. I'm like, take this car up on the canyon, and really go hard on it, guarantee you will come away saying damn, what was I even worrying about and what an incredible machine. The steering was very precise on the car. I think a bigger enemy than the EPS would be just you know getting coilovers and an aggressive tune on it. It was so awesome. And I mean I am coming from the 08 135.. not a stranger to really heavy HPS. If I am not mistaken that was the lowest boost BMW had ever done on a production car.
Haha yea I mean tan interiors look boring on any car. I just meant the quality of stuff is pretty good compared to competition, and I said that yes the style is not modern or edgy

DIY: Charcoal Delete, K
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 11:16 AM   #25
golf_234
Captain
Rep
Drives: E46, E90, F30

Quote:
Haha yea I mean tan interiors look boring on any car. I just meant the quality of stuff is pretty good compared to competition, and I said that yes the style is not modern or edgy
Agreed
      02-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #26
IZAGLO
Mbira
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sedonna Red 09 135i SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker View Post
Please explain-->
I was first in line for the 1M months before it was released. My dealer allocation was 2. The Homer Simpson in me wanted to test drive the car before i bought it....loosing my line at the dealer...not knowing they were only getting 2 friggin cars. T I am not missing the boat a 2nd time.
That said....for me the M235i is PLENTY of car for me actually more than i need. But i REALLY like the M cars and the rest of the M bits rims, flarred fenders, etc etc...they will be putting on the M2 is worth it to me. You can not beat a M car for looks, they are all just amazing, plus the performance is there to back them up. Looks to me are very important...and a true M car has that in abundance.

Last edited by IZAGLO; 03-01-2014 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #27
Esteban15
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2012 Volvo C30

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #28
Husker
☮☮☮☮☮☮
Rep
Drives: Junk

Quote:
I was first in line for the 1M months before it was released. My dealer allocation was 2. The Homer Simpson in me wanted to test drive the car before i bought it....loosing my line at the dealer...not knowing they were only getting 2 friggin cars. They were selling the 1M to me for $47,000....This will not happen again so at the dealer yesterday i expressed "I wanted the M2" Put me on your allocation list and let me no when you want a deposit. I am not missing the boat a 2nd time.
That said....for me the M235i is PLENTY of car for me actually more than i need. But i REALLY like the M cars and the rest of the M bits rims, flarred fenders, etc etc...they will be putting on the M2 is worth it to me. You can not beat a M car for looks, they are all just amazing, plus the performance is there to back them up. Looks to me are very important...and a true M car has that in abundance.
I did the same thing, sort of, I got my local dealer to put me on a list over a year before the 2012 BOSS came out (It hadn't been announced at the time)...Now my name is #1 again for the GT350 (I placed deposit on Nov. 2013).

I may ask our local BMW dealer if they have anyone in line for the M2-->
Appreciate 0