THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) Does anyone use no rinse wash?

02-18-2017, 04:47 AM   #23
ny176
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 340xi Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert_lover View Post
I've found that the microfiber wash doesn't get the microfiber towels really clean, especially the ones exposed to brake dust off of wheels, etc.

I made an odd discovery by chance one day. I had some Gyeon Bathe car wash around from when I first applied a ceramic coating, and I used it instead of the ONR for doing a hand-wash before some coating touch up. It almost instantly turned the wash bucket water dark grey as soon as I put the towels in to soak before washing, from taking the deeper dirt out of the towels. (which were freshly washed with microfiber wash)

So now, every 2-3 wash cycles, I bring the dirty microfiber in, and before washing them, soak them in a bucket of warm water with a splash of Gyeon Bathe in it. Then rinse/wring them out under running water. Then they go in the washing machine with the specialized microfiber wash.

Even the towels reserved for wheels that are filthy with brake dust residue come out almost completely clean.

So far I've been able to make a set of towels last nearly a year even with being used 3-4 times a month. I'm sure something similar in makeup to the Gyeon Bathe would do the same as far as getting the deeper stains out of towels, and still be safe for them.
Gonna have to add this to my next detailers domain purchase. Thanks for the insight!
      02-19-2017, 05:13 PM   #24
Craig_
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235

I use Optimum No Rinse on all my cars with the following procedure (I can't remember where I first read about this procedure, but I think it is the best way to go):
  1. Rinse off any loose dirt (if really dirty).
  2. Mix 3-4 caps of ONR with ~2-3 gallons of water and soak 7-8 microfiber towels (follow bottle directions).
  3. Wring one of the towels out and hang it on the side of the bucket.
  4. Take another towel and lightly drag it along the surface to be cleaned. Its important to be gentle, go in straight lines (not a circular motion) and turn the towel when it gets dirty, using both sides. Wash one section of the car at a time and use a new towel for each section.
  5. After wiping down one section and discarding the towel, take the wrung out towel and go over the area with it again.
  6. Then rinse and wring out that towel.
  7. Finally, dry the area with a microfiber drying towel.

I have been following this procedure for years and have NO scratches and NO water spots. This stuff is the best.
Appreciate 0