THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery New Order Fees

07-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #23
Unclev
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 228i

Hello Hyperzulu,

I read your post about paying more than $500.00 over. If you could please tell me just so I have peace of mind where the did I pay the extra $. Besides the doc fees,service/training and dest/handling. I thought I had all the dealer invoice numbers correct. Are we talking about a holdback or % back from BMW for the sale? I just want to know so I can be a little more educated next time.

Thanks again!

Uncle V
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 10:43 AM   #24
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

I am being a stickler since the thread was started on the basis of "BS" dealer fees. My current car had a sticker price around $62k, I paid $1000 over invoice, which is what I agreed to and I was not charged $1000 plus training fee. If we are going to stone to death a dealer for disclosing that he must charge a $x prep fee, then why not training fee? Why not doc fee?
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 11:18 AM   #25
Unclev
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 228i

I see your point. Technically any fee that is not involving the actual auto is "more" than invoice. Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2014, 08:33 PM   #26
Lynn_228i
AW BMW 228i with Black Dakota Leather Seats
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Unclev, it sounds like a good deal for a new 2015 BMW 228 XDrive Car compared to offers I got for the 2015 from dealers calling me that had allocations and not realizing I ordered a 2014 BMW 228i already. MY next car will be the BMW 228 I Drive. My lease was ending and I did not want to wait and extend my lease. Congratulations! I got the AW exterior and the black Dakota leather interior also with the silver matt trim. I am excited for you! My car is expected to be a the dealership by the end of this week.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #27
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclev View Post
I see your point. Technically any fee that is not involving the actual auto is "more" than invoice. Thanks again!
Training and Maco are legit fee's, Maco based on dealer participation.
These fee's ARE part of the invoice, and should be listed on the invoice price list then totaled, and then whatever the deal is above invoice added.

Using just the car and options invoice and then adding above invoice and then adding training and Maco is not disclosing the true full invoice.
True invoice includes training and an Maco fee's.
That's the invoice number one should be working with when working an "invoice" deal.

No need to be concerned though. It's a learning experience.
Anything between $500 to $1000 over actual invoice is still a good deal.
I have no problem with an SA and dealership making profit.
However, the profit should be in line with how much time and effort the SA and dealership spent on the customer.

For me, I do ALL of my own research for pricing, leasing or loan rates.
I then write everything out to the penny.
When I know exactly what car I want with what options, and I know what I will pay and how much I will pay each month, then I go in and make the offer to both the SA and sales manager.
I've been fortunate in that with my last 3 deals the SA and sales managers were happy and willing to give me the $500 over invoice I say I will pay.
They make a profit that is in line with the effort spent to sell me a car, which for me is not much effort at all. It becomes simply a bit of time the SA spends on his/her computer to put the order in.

When I pick my cars up I have all the numbers written down and I hand that to the finance person who then knows exactly what the financing will be, and all they have to do is punch some keys on the keyboard.
When I picked up my 2013 335i Msport I gave young lady in finance my print out and she was actually really happy that I had everything written.
It made it very easy for her and took her little time to get things sorted.

If you do this as well, then YES you should expect the lowest price paid.
If you do use your SA and dealership a lot and ask questions and generally need more of the SA's time, then you should also consider that the SA then deserves to get paid for that time just as you want to get paid for your time. It's perfectly fine to up the over invoice $100, $200, or more to make sure that deal is a pleasant experience for everyone involved.
Having a good relationship with your dealer is important especially with a car like a BMW where you will be visiting the dealership on a regular basis for the included maintenance. It's a plus knowing that you'll get the best consideration for scheduling and for loaner BMW's. Well, at least most of the time.
Appreciate 0