THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum MW M235i xDrive order Monday

10-18-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Xdrive MW

MW M235i xDrive order Monday

My dealer found a MW M235i xDrive Terra, Cold, Premium, Driver Asst, Tech, HK, Enhanced BT, Alarm, and Stainless Pedals. Car is at the port originally headed to Ohio, will be re routed to my dealer. Only thing missing is black grills. Was starting to get a little concerned about finding one. Now need to start thinking about some light mods-dark tint, cold air intake to start.

This will be an exciting moment considering my 328 GT in EB was totaled in the flood we had in early August. It took me two months to get the claim settled.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 09:07 PM   #2
iamdabest1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 m3 dct

Congrats ! Please let us know what you think of the car with x drive , acceleration, comfort , gaps in the wheel well.. I kinda want this car ..
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #3
NY10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i xdrive Coupe

Congrats. I bet you are super excited to get it and start making mods and diving it! You're going to love it!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

Congrats OP...sorry must suck to lose a car like that. At least I know you will love your new car, truly an amazing vehicle. Hopefully you will agree it was worth the wait.

RETIRED:
2018 440xi GC, Carbon Black on Black/Blue
2014 M235i Black on Black, DINAN Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 09:51 PM   #5
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by brhon View Post
My dealer found a MW M235i xDrive Terra, Cold, Premium, Driver Asst, Tech, HK, Enhanced BT, Alarm, and Stainless Pedals. Car is at the port originally headed to Ohio, will be re routed to my dealer. Only thing missing is black grills. Was starting to get a little concerned about finding one. Now need to start thinking about some light mods-dark tint, cold air intake to start.

This will be an exciting moment considering my 328 GT in EB was totaled in the flood we had in early August. It took me two months to get the claim settled.
Congrats! Go meet Jason in Service....I've only met him once (car quality is great!), but he's very helpful!
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 10:31 PM   #6
chaswyck1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 228i Valencia Orange

Congratulations. You were lucky to find a car spec'd close to the way you wanted it, especially loaded like that. The black grilles can be ordered through your dealer's parts department and installed there. No loss there but they'll probably cost more with the installation than you would have paid for them on a build. Small price to pay to get your car quickly. My build week isn't until the first week of November so I have a long wait ahead.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 08:15 AM   #7
brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmm235i View Post
Congrats OP...sorry must suck to lose a car like that. At least I know you will love your new car, truly an amazing vehicle. Hopefully you will agree it was worth the wait.
It was devastating, but considering we only lost a vehicle not so bad. The best/worst part of this is that my wife was driving and she had never really driven my car much. Considering the psychological trauma she caused (kidding), she has been joining me on test drives, which has been a lot of fun. She is also angling for a new x6.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #8
JP Medina
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235 Auto AW/Red H/K

Sorry to hear that, but congrats! That is one of the best color combos IMO (had it in a 2009 120), it stands out for sure!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 12:19 PM   #9
brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Waiting for confirmation that the car will be brought to Michigan tomorrow. Should have it by Friday at the latest.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #10
MrBucket
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 6MT Exec Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaswyck@yahoo.com View Post
Congratulations. You were lucky to find a car spec'd close to the way you wanted it, especially loaded like that. The black grilles can be ordered through your dealer's parts department and installed there. No loss there but they'll probably cost more with the installation than you would have paid for them on a build. Small price to pay to get your car quickly. My build week isn't until the first week of November so I have a long wait ahead.
I got super lucky that my dealership got in a 2014 M235i in almost the exact specs I would have ordered. Its missing 2 minor things that aren't really necessary so I was thrilled to get it.

I believe I have the only 6MT that the dealership has got in. The only things I would have done differently had I ordered it, would be the automatic high beams and the Driver Assistance Plus package. Maybe the parking assistant, but I would have to try that before considering to buy it.

Also got really lucky that I got them to hold the car for me, while I was taking care of the financial aspect, and made sure that they wouldn't do any pre-delivery prep other than the mechanical type. I was able to pick it up with only 10 miles on the odometer and all of the exterior shipping protection so that I could have my detailer do all of the paint prep starting with a near flawless finish before some Opti-Coat Pro.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 02:27 PM   #11
brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBucket View Post
I got super lucky that my dealership got in a 2014 M235i in almost the exact specs I would have ordered. Its missing 2 minor things that aren't really necessary so I was thrilled to get it.

I believe I have the only 6MT that the dealership has got in. The only things I would have done differently had I ordered it, would be the automatic high beams and the Driver Assistance Plus package. Maybe the parking assistant, but I would have to try that before considering to buy it.

Also got really lucky that I got them to hold the car for me, while I was taking care of the financial aspect, and made sure that they wouldn't do any pre-delivery prep other than the mechanical type. I was able to pick it up with only 10 miles on the odometer and all of the exterior shipping protection so that I could have my detailer do all of the paint prep starting with a near flawless finish before some Opti-Coat Pro.
That is awesome. I love my EB GT-it was beautiful and gets a lot of compliments. I was looking for an EB M235, but every time we thought we had one it was missing some key option I was looking for.

Did you or someone else apply the Opti-Coat?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 02:36 PM   #12
MrBucket
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 6MT Exec Pack

Quote:
That is awesome. I love my EB GT-it was beautiful and gets a lot of compliments. I was looking for an EB M235, but every time we thought we had one it was missing some key option I was looking for.

Did you or someone else apply the Opti-Coat?
I dropped it off for Phil @ www.detailersdomain.com to do all of the work on the exterior. He did a great job on it and was able to get it done fairly quickly as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #13
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Waiting for confirmation that the car will be brought to Michigan tomorrow. Should have it by Friday at the latest.
I'm going to be there Friday morning for a small door rattle. I'll keep my eyes open for you!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 03:24 PM   #14
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats!!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 03:36 PM   #15
VMRWheels
General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Congrats! MW.. excellent choice
      10-20-2014, 07:23 PM   #16
brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Quote:
I'm going to be there Friday morning for a small door rattle. I'll keep my eyes open for you!
Right now it's looking like a Wednesday delivery, if that's the case the new car will take its first of many trips to Columbus to pick up our oldest daughter. She's excited to see the new car, will let her drive too.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 08:11 PM   #17
NY10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 228i xdrive Coupe

Congratulations on the new car, hopefully it arrives soon and you'll be able to fully enjoy. I've had my car 2 days only and love it more than any other car I've ever been in.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 08:17 PM   #18
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Right now it's looking like a Wednesday delivery, if that's the case the new car will take its first of many trips to Columbus to pick up our oldest daughter. She's excited to see the new car, will let her drive too.
Don't leave Columbus without stopping in the store for Jeni's ice cream.....the ultimate ice cream experience! Try Queen City Cayenne!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 08:49 PM   #19
midwest 340xi 6sp
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340xi

Quote:

Congrats!

I'm in MN and the Xdrive is top of my list in 2015..

Be sure and give us a good review after you've had some seat time. So far I've driven the M235i RWD and loved it.

I know I can get by with snows and RWD, but with all the winter we have up here I know how much better Xdrive is with some good snow shoes.

ps - tell your wifey I had two X6's and loved em both - but not as much as my wife did!
      10-21-2014, 09:58 AM   #20
brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest X6 View Post
Congrats!

I'm in MN and the Xdrive is top of my list in 2015..

Be sure and give us a good review after you've had some seat time. So far I've driven the M235i RWD and loved it.

I know I can get by with snows and RWD, but with all the winter we have up here I know how much better Xdrive is with some good snow shoes.

ps - tell your wifey I had two X6's and loved em both - but not as much as my wife did!
Update-the car did not make it all the way to the dealer in Cleveland, so they are re routing the car and it will be at the dealer sometime Friday/Saturday with a Monday delivery. That is good because now I have some time to order some extra toys to put on......WeatherTech mats, black kidney grills, luggage mat, M Perf Decals to get things started. Making an appointment for the Window Tint as well for the following weekend. I am undecided on a Cold Air Intake-want something with a dry filter, and something that has a nice sound but not obnoxious. I appreciate all the comments. The delay will kill me.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 10:12 AM   #21
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Update-the car did not make it all the way to the dealer in Cleveland, so they are re routing the car and it will be at the dealer sometime Friday/Saturday with a Monday delivery. That is good because now I have some time to order some extra toys to put on......WeatherTech mats, black kidney grills, luggage mat, M Perf Decals to get things started. Making an appointment for the Window Tint as well for the following weekend. I am undecided on a Cold Air Intake-want something with a dry filter, and something that has a nice sound but not obnoxious. I appreciate all the comments. The delay will kill me.
Their Xpel installer (Larry) is an artist, if you were considering clear film protection. Mine was beautifully done.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 01:57 PM   #22
brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Their Xpel installer (Larry) is an artist, if you were considering clear film protection. Mine was beautifully done.
Which dealer? I am sticking with Grand Blanc. Tried to work a deal with Farm Hills and could not get it done with better numbers. G Blanc is closer to our house w/less traffic headed that way compared to Farm Hills. They have worked hard on my service business and done a great jog. I have a great Tint guy I use in Shelby Twp-he did 25% all around and 50% on my windshield on my GT and it was awesome. He also installs xpel, and looks like I can get a discount with my CCA membership.
Appreciate 0