THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Drivers Assistant Plus- Should I add to my build?

06-10-2014, 08:17 AM   #23
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: Between BMWs

Just to summarize, these are the packages you went with, yes (plus the Parking Assistant)?

Premium
Lighting
Technology
Cold Weather
Driver Assistance
Driver Assistance Plus

Your new car might not be here before your lease ends, but BMWFS will extend it until your new car arrives.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 06:35 PM   #24
Lynn_228i
AW BMW 228i with Black Dakota Leather Seats
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i

Bimmerbuff, Yes, I went with all those packages for a safe car that I will enjoy. I did not add the updated stereo as I will have the free SAT radio a year that I never had and I needed to not make the price any higher as I have many home improvements I plan to do this year. I needed the powered folding mirrors so I had to get the premium package to have that option. I wish I could just buy that option separate as I rarely use my moon roof.

I am so tired today by going back and forth on the color of my seats all night printing pictures. I really love light interiors but the Oyster/black combination I have now required a lot of upkeep and I would prefer the seats to be either all oyster (front and back) or all black (front and black). I wish the 2-series had the option of the Venetian Beige which I would have gotten if I could.

If I went with all oyster seats, I would have light rugs and light doors and my trunk area would have a light rug. I kept wondering how difficult it would be to keep clean. Finally I decided to get the darker color as it looked pretty with the Silver Mat trim that did not cost anymore and I have not had a dark interior since I drove my precious bright red beloved Honda Prelude that I really loved. I disliked my prior Acura Car which was a color called Desert Silver Metallic. I would have preferred if it was a gray metallic or a silver metallic. I always felt it looked like a guy's car and if I was a guy, it would have been a nice color. I thought I liked it when I first saw the unique color in the sunlight. I bought it so I owned it and kept it for 8.25 years to get my money worth as I am a CPA. Once I was hit from behind in the car it devalued and I do not drive a lot of miles each year so it bothered me that no one wanted to give me any money for it. In hindsight, I should have traded it in earlier and cut my losses and got a car I loved that was safer for me. There was not much I liked about the Acura car except for the Titanium leather seats with the matching steering wheel and dashboard and my seating position. It has so many blind spots, was noisy on the highway compared to my Prelude and the head rest did not protect me when I was hit from behind.

I love my current BMW 128i for how it handles, the small size, no blind spots for me and the way it looks. I can't wait to be driving the BMW 228i with added safety features.

If I end up not liking the dark color seats, I will go back to light seats in three years.

For now Leasing is best for me as I really dislike selling or trading in used cars. Also leasing worked out best for me last time as I was waiting for another small car that would have a back-up camera with parking beeping sensors in the front and back. My BMW 128i right now had them only in the back of the car. The 3-series is not as comfortable for me to drive due to my petite height. I can drive it better than most other cars due to the 10-way power seat but in the 2-series I am sitting a little closer to the floor and a little higher up and I just like the size better for pulling in and out of my garage that I keep a lot of stuff in.

What color is your car and what color is your interior?

Bimmerbuff, thanks for writing and letting me know that if my car is not here yet, BMWFS will extend my lease.

I am so happy the decision is over with and I am happy with my choices I chose. The Parking Assistant was the one I was not sure to keep on or take off but then I was able to get the payment reduced a little more to make up for adding it on in case it helps me park. I really need to learn how to parallel park better by myself but maybe this option will teach me by following what it does. I am glad I got the external Alpine White again as I just love that bright happy color and I am not yet tired of it.

Lynn_128i
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 08:20 PM   #25
2+3=5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2

Wow Lynn you really are meticulous (CPA quality) in your reasoning! I ordered my M235i with oyster interior as I'm sick of my black one for 10 years now... and also looking forward to all the technology I have missed for a decade!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #26
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2+3=5 View Post
Wow Lynn you really are meticulous (CPA quality) in your reasoning! I ordered my M235i with oyster interior as I'm sick of my black one for 10 years now... and also looking forward to all the technology I have missed for a decade!
I ordered oyster also with the Melbourne Red. What color is your exterior? I see you chose around the roundel on red pic...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #27
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yah, Lynn is a joy to read, she should be a journalist.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 11:39 PM   #28
Lynn_228i
United_States
Rep

In case you do not want to read this long post, I moved my bottom questions to the top of my post.

What trim does everyone have that has the oyster interior?

What exterior and interior color combinations does others here have? 2+3=5, what color is your exterior? Could it be red since you are using the BMW roundel symbol with red around it? I miss having red but I thought one more white car and then back to red.

--------------------------------------------------
Thank you 2+3=5 and MmTwo35 for your nice comments. I used to love to write. I used to write poems and short stories and I even had a Dear Abby column when I was in 8th grade in our school newspaper. I was always so detailed oriented and at Rutgers College, I was asked to tutor students in accounting and English. I enjoyed it and excelled at Economics and Accounting with a minor in English. I paid for my own college and did not have a car until I bought one after college. I had to learn how to park in between studying and taking my finals so I could drive to my new job. I guess I never really learned how to park.

But being so detailed oriented and so analytical can get me in trouble as now I am wondering if I made a mistake in the color of my interior as I just saw a post with the Oyster Interior with the Fineline trim and it looked wonderful!

I leased 5 beautiful red Honda Prelude Cars from a client before buying that awful Acura RSX when the Honda Prelude was discontinued. I should have leased the car since then I could have just returned the Acura. The Prelude had 190 horsepower, handled beautifully, was so quiet on the highway, looked sporty and beautiful, was so comfortable in every way, and I had a great seating position with hardly any blind spots. I loved the beautiful red exterior of every Prelude I had and I really did love the furry black interior it had. I never had to test cars as my client would call me to tell me the new ones arrived and I would switch cars and get the new lease at cost. Sometimes due to low miles, my client would give me money toward buying my car early and sell it for a profit.

But when I had my first light interior in the Acura RSX, I was surprised that light leather was cooler than furry black seats that got so hot if sitting in the hot sun. Then I only wanted light seats. Of course, I disliked everything else about the Acura RSX as it was definitely a downgrade from my Prelude in so many ways (less horsepower, noisy on highways, terrible pickup at lights, head rests were not adjustable and did not title forward, and the seats were too hard for long rides).

I currently have the Oyster/black leather combination in my BMW 128i with the Polar Trim. I love the happy light oyster color. But I dislike the black backs of my seat and the black plastic under and on the sides of my seat. It is pretty looking when only looking at the front interior in my car and acceptable in the back seat. I love the way my car handles, looks on the outside and it fits me so well.

I really wanted the Oyster color but part of my bolster had rubbed off and I thought it was from cleaning the jean material off the car but I see now from doing more searches for oyster leather seats, that black seats have this problem also from the safety belt and getting in and out of the seats.

The black seats I am getting look wonderful with the Mat Silver Trim. I have not had black seats now in 11.25 years so maybe it will be nice for a change. Then in three years I can lease another BMW 228i with the pretty red BMW 228i on the exterior (MM235, you will love that combination you got) and oyster inside. My fear is that last night I read that on the 2015 models the all oyster leather is discontinued. I just was not yet tired of the Alpine White so I thought I would enjoy it for three more years.

I signed everything today and I feel I got a good deal and I have a production number. I should probably just let it go and have black leather seats for three years. But I will sleep on this and see what others say. I have to decide to keep what I have or change the color of my seat ASAP. Maybe having black for a change will be different. I just hope it does not make the interior too hot and dark. It does look sporty with the silver mat trim.

I better get some sleep. Sorry this is so long.

I am also looking forward to all the new technology and having Navigation so I do not have to keep unpacking and packing up my Garmin. I am looking forward to having a fun safe car to drive.

Last edited by Lynn_228i; 06-10-2014 at 11:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 12:34 AM   #29
Lynn_228i
United_States
Rep

MmmTwo35, Your car sounds so pretty. Do you think I am making a mistake for trying back seats for three years since I had oyster seats for three years?
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 04:36 AM   #30
///M235i
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn_128i View Post
MmmTwo35, Your car sounds so pretty. Do you think I am making a mistake for trying back seats for three years since I had oyster seats for three years?
In following all of your posts over several discussion threads it looks like oyster is really in your heart. I think it is a bright color is light it is cheery is much more classic BMW and it is more upscale. It is a tiny car with a tiny interior to me black really would make me feel claustrophobic. It's black is very dark and can be depressing. Have to say I've had the very light color Venetian beige over four years and everyone says it looks showroom new. If it were me I would change my order quickly before they claim you lost your 2014 allocation and then you're stuck with 2015 oysters/black. I always feel in life go with your heart and in all of your posts it is clear to me you really like the oyster. No regrets.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 07:38 AM   #31
2+3=5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
In case you do not want to read this long post, I moved my bottom questions to the top of my post.

What trim does everyone have that has the oyster interior?

What exterior and interior color combinations does others here have? 2+3=5, what color is your exterior? Could it be red since you are using the BMW roundel symbol with red around it? I miss having red but I thought one more white car and then back to red.

--------------------------------------------------
Thank you 2+3=5 and MmTwo35 for your nice comments. I used to love to write. I used to write poems and short stories and I even had a Dear Abby column when I was in 8th grade in our school newspaper. I was always so detailed oriented and at Rutgers College, I was asked to tutor students in accounting and English. I enjoyed it and excelled at Economics and Accounting with a minor in English. I paid for my own college and did not have a car until I bought one after college. I had to learn how to park in between studying and taking my finals so I could drive to my new job. I guess I never really learned how to park.

But being so detailed oriented and so analytical can get me in trouble as now I am wondering if I made a mistake in the color of my interior as I just saw a post with the Oyster Interior with the Fineline trim and it looked wonderful!

I leased 5 beautiful red Honda Prelude Cars from a client before buying that awful Acura RSX when the Honda Prelude was discontinued. I should have leased the car since then I could have just returned the Acura. The Prelude had 190 horsepower, handled beautifully, was so quiet on the highway, looked sporty and beautiful, was so comfortable in every way, and I had a great seating position with hardly any blind spots. I loved the beautiful red exterior of every Prelude I had and I really did love the furry black interior it had. I never had to test cars as my client would call me to tell me the new ones arrived and I would switch cars and get the new lease at cost. Sometimes due to low miles, my client would give me money toward buying my car early and sell it for a profit.

But when I had my first light interior in the Acura RSX, I was surprised that light leather was cooler than furry black seats that got so hot if sitting in the hot sun. Then I only wanted light seats. Of course, I disliked everything else about the Acura RSX as it was definitely a downgrade from my Prelude in so many ways (less horsepower, noisy on highways, terrible pickup at lights, head rests were not adjustable and did not title forward, and the seats were too hard for long rides).

I currently have the Oyster/black leather combination in my BMW 128i with the Polar Trim. I love the happy light oyster color. But I dislike the black backs of my seat and the black plastic under and on the sides of my seat. It is pretty looking when only looking at the front interior in my car and acceptable in the back seat. I love the way my car handles, looks on the outside and it fits me so well.

I really wanted the Oyster color but part of my bolster had rubbed off and I thought it was from cleaning the jean material off the car but I see now from doing more searches for oyster leather seats, that black seats have this problem also from the safety belt and getting in and out of the seats.

The black seats I am getting look wonderful with the Mat Silver Trim. I have not had black seats now in 11.25 years so maybe it will be nice for a change. Then in three years I can lease another BMW 228i with the pretty red BMW 228i on the exterior (MM235, you will love that combination you got) and oyster inside. My fear is that last night I read that on the 2015 models the all oyster leather is discontinued. I just was not yet tired of the Alpine White so I thought I would enjoy it for three more years.

I signed everything today and I feel I got a good deal and I have a production number. I should probably just let it go and have black leather seats for three years. But I will sleep on this and see what others say. I have to decide to keep what I have or change the color of my seat ASAP. Maybe having black for a change will be different. I just hope it does not make the interior too hot and dark. It does look sporty with the silver mat trim.

I better get some sleep. Sorry this is so long.

I am also looking forward to all the new technology and having Navigation so I do not have to keep unpacking and packing up my Garmin. I am looking forward to having a fun safe car to drive.
my roundel pic is actually Valencia orange taken at a dealership from the hood of an X1... I originally ordered Valencia orange but BMW rejected my special order so I picked glacier silver... I'm of the same mindset to have a light bright cheerful new car with as much updated technology to last another 10+ years... Im so use to backing my car into spots with shoulder & mirror checks I kept forgetting to look at the PDC screen and heed the audio warnings during my test drives... I have already printed out the 2 series owner's manual to read up on all the newness and looking at adding the extended warranty

YOLO... go with your gut... won't know unless you try... push aside second guessing and hindsight
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 09:21 AM   #32
bimmerbuff
Slightly Less Obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: Between BMWs

Quote:
What color is your car and what color is your interior?
I ordered Alpine White over Black SensaTec with Silver Matte trim.

I thought the oyster was too...oyster. Especially with a white exterior. What did you think of the Terra color? It might be a good middle ground.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 01:56 PM   #33
Lynn_228i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmTwo35 View Post
In following all of your posts over several discussion threads it looks like oyster is really in your heart. I think it is a bright color is light it is cheery is much more classic BMW and it is more upscale. It is a tiny car with a tiny interior to me black really would make me feel claustrophobic. It's black is very dark and can be depressing. Have to say I've had the very light color Venetian beige over four years and everyone says it looks showroom new. If it were me I would change my order quickly before they claim you lost your 2014 allocation and then you're stuck with 2015 oysters/black. I always feel in life go with your heart and in all of your posts it is clear to me you really like the oyster. No regrets.

MmmTwo35, Thank you for replying and you are right that a lighter interior is in my heart. If it wasn't for the limited allocations, I would have waited a few more days to decide but my salesman put in the order right away to go into production before I even signed everything. So I thought I should just let it go but apparently, I still love light interiors. I think I read that you got the fineline trim right? I love the way that looks with the Oyster but then if I get that trim, the contract has to be rewritten. I guess I will see if it will be possible to change as if I have to miss out on the allocation and go with a 2015, I will miss out on the deal I got and then I will live with the black for three years. I hope BMW changes their minds and adds all Oyster again and/or Venetian Beige for the 2-series.

Again, thank you so much for replying. I think the stress for me is that the order was placed into production before I signed and then I knew, it would have to be written up again and I worried about losing the last allocation. If it is not in production, and I just changed the color of the seats, then the price will stay the same with just the leather color changed. But if I add the wood trim, then the price will change and if the order has to be totally rewritten up, I could lose my allocation. I guess I could look up where I am in production right now to decide.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 02:00 PM   #34
Lynn_228i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
my roundel pic is actually Valencia orange taken at a dealership from the hood of an X1... I originally ordered Valencia orange but BMW rejected my special order so I picked glacier silver... I'm of the same mindset to have a light bright cheerful new car with as much updated technology to last another 10+ years... Im so use to backing my car into spots with shoulder & mirror checks I kept forgetting to look at the PDC screen and heed the audio warnings during my test drives... I have already printed out the 2 series owner's manual to read up on all the newness and looking at adding the extended warranty

YOLO... go with your gut... won't know unless you try... push aside second guessing and hindsight
2+3=5, I also love the Glacier silver color and that was one of my choices also besides the red but I thought three more years with the Alpine White since I am not tired of it yet. Oyster sounds nice with the Glacier Silver exterior. Which trim color did you get since either one would look nice with the silver color on the exterior?

I think I will print out the 2-series manual also and read and learn all I can before my car arrives. Maybe the next car will be my forever car and I will buy it and not have to keep looking. I want to be sure I love the 2-series like I feel I will.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 02:05 PM   #35
Lynn_228i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerbuff View Post
I ordered Alpine White over Black SensaTec with Silver Matte trim.

I thought the oyster was too...oyster. Especially with a white exterior. What did you think of the Terra color? It might be a good middle ground.
Bimmerbuff, Thank you for letting me know that you ordered the same combination as me but in order for me to have the needed folding powered mirrors (I use them to go in and out of my skinny garage so I feel safer in not hitting the mirrors and I use them all the time when parking), I had to add the premium package. My neighbor has the BMW X1 with the exterior Alpine White and the interior the black sensatec with the Silver Matte Trim and he says he loves it as it is easy to maintain and looks sharp. He has a family with dogs and children and a wife. But I did like the way it looked.

I did think about the Terra but then the bottom of the seats would be black like what I have now. and I wanted the seats to all be one color this time.

Thank you so much for replying.

I want to love my new car.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #36
2+3=5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

[QUOTE=Lynn_128i;16109014]Which trim color did you get since either one would look nice with the silver color on the exterior?
QUOTE]

Hi Lynn, I chose the aluminum hexagon trim
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 06:57 PM   #37
Lynn_228i
United_States
Rep

2+3=5, What a stunning combination the Oyster with the glacier silver car with the aluminum hexagon trim! Enjoy your beautiful car with the updated technology and beautiful classy light looks.

I have to go to bed early tonight since I have a CPE seminar tomorrow. I am so tired and finally called BMW to find out the exact day my car was going into production to be built since then I thought I would tell the dealership I had time to change the seat color. I emailed the salesman (a referral by my neighbor) last Thursday night the build I thought I wanted when the dealership was closed and got a price on Friday in writing. Then I called late Friday to add to the build the new lighting package + the parking assistance + the driver's Assistant Plus to the specs. I was told by my salesman that he had to go to a family emergency on Saturday and left a message but no one got back to him so he will take care of this on Monday and give me a price. He said he put the car in production already so he is not sure if he can change things. I told him that I had not signed the contract yet and need it redone with the new items I added. Then I was told that he would see if he can get me the lower price on Tuesday. I was sent the contract late Tuesday morning and did not sign it until very late afternoon that day.

I changed my mind last night and all night kept worrying if it was going to be a problem to change it again as I was being rushed due to limited allocations. I called BMW finally today and found out that my car was placed into production at 6:00 AM yesterday (I had not signed the contract yet) with the new changes from Monday and I could not make any more changes. Hence, I will have black Dakota seats with the silver matte trim with my Alpine White BMW 228i car. BMW said that allocations had to go in or I would have had to wait for the 2015 cars.

I was also told that the two toned look I have now has been changed and going forward the black plastic on the back of my oyster seats that I do not like and the side black plastic for the air bag and the black plastic lever will be all oyster matching to the front of the seat. The arm rest will no longer be black like I have now and will be oyster. So if I want the two toned look in 3 years from now and I am ready then for the pretty red car, I can add the oyster/black combination for my interior. I ordered white again this time since I have had my white car only 3 years and I still love the happy bright white color.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #38
2+3=5
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Lynn sometimes things happen for a reason... As you said its a leased car so after three years you have choices.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 08:54 PM   #39
Lynn_228i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Lynn sometimes things happen for a reason... As you said its a leased car so after three years you have choices.
2+3=5, Thank you so much. You are right that I will have something different this time as I have not had black seats in over 11 years. It will make the car feel different. Then I can go back to the lighter seats again and try out another exterior color. So far, I was still in the mood for a bright white happy car but I also was tempted to go for red but I also did love the glacier silver. I love the bright blue color they have also but you have to go with the sport package to get it.

I was so upset when I found out that the car was being built when I finally made up my mind what I wanted. But then after talking to some friends and posting my update, I started to feel that if the salesman did not put in the allocation, I may have had to wait for the 2015 price guide in July and had to extend my lease and the all oyster would not be a choice any way.

The all oyster would have been different than what I had now. So the all black interior will be different than I have now and the silver matte trim will brighten up the car and the outside of my car will be bright white.

I will enjoy everything in my car and in my next car, I will know what features helped me drive better and which I do not need. I may also love the 2-series so much that I may be ready to buy this time and I will know which I prefer the light or the darker seats. I may also find that if I buy the car, I may want the X-Drive but first I need to test both in good and bad weather to be sure as I love the way the car drives the way it is now. BMW may also have added another light seat color in 3 years. Maybe I will find that I am driving more and want to upgrade the stereo in the car. Maybe I will have learned how to park better and I can drop the parking assist. Maybe the Xeon lights will be standard by then.

I am excited for my new car and it is going to be ready before my lease ends on July 25th. It was good I leased this time since I was waiting for the new cars to come out with a back-up camera and front sensors as I only have back sensors in the car I know have. I was not ready yet to buy the car as I wanted to see which features I will love and if leasing is still better for me or if I am ready to buy and keep a car for a very long time.

I am happy with the leasing contract I got since I felt it was fair to me and the dealership and I got the $1,000 BMW credit and the $500 loyalty credit. I did not call around to see if anyone could match or beat it since I felt the salesman played no games and gave me a good price right away as he was a referral. But I had been car shopping for weeks as my first test drive was with the sport seat and suspension and I wanted an AWD vehicle. Finally I realized that nothing compared to the way a BMW coupe handled and I was staying with BMW.

I am very behind in my work and after my seminar tomorrow, I must really focus on my work and look forward to my new car with the new technology. I will try to think of my black leather seats as being sporty with less upkeep and something different.

I wish I knew that the car was being built since when my car went into production three years ago, the build did not start until 2 weeks later on. I had wanted to add in the navigation where I had time to do so since I had no yet owned a Garmin but the other dealer's salesman got busy and forgot to do so. But that worked out good also as the Garmin was so easy for me to use and it was my first experience using a navigation device.

Thank you everyone on this forum that posted for being there for me. I will let you all know when my car comes in.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2014, 10:49 PM   #40
Lynn_228i
United_States
Rep

Thank you everyone. Thanks for letting me share my thoughts and the stress this has caused me. Thank you all for being there for me. I am off to bed and I will enjoy my seminar tomorrow. I can't wait to have my new car.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2017, 11:20 PM   #41
Lynn_228i
United_States
Rep

Smile My lease ends on 7-28-2017. I loved my BMW 128i but missed my Oyster seats.

My BMW 228i lease ends on 7-28-2017. I loved my BMW 228i but missed my Oyster seats that I had in the BMW 128i. I really love a light interior that makes my heart sing and I will be going back to a lighter interior in my next car. I am thinking of the pretty red metallic with the oyster seats. I had not been able to log on as I could not remember my password and life got so hectic for me. Tonight I decided to request a new password. I also really love my back-up camera and all my safety features in my car. Thank you everyone for being there for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2017, 12:31 AM   #42
crabu2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Truck and ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn_228i View Post
My BMW 228i lease ends on 7-28-2017. I loved my BMW 228i but missed my Oyster seats that I had in the BMW 128i. I really love a light interior that makes my heart sing and I will be going back to a lighter interior in my next car. I am thinking of the pretty red metallic with the oyster seats. I had not been able to log on as I could not remember my password and life got so hectic for me. Tonight I decided to request a new password. I also really love my back-up camera and all my safety features in my car. Thank you everyone for being there for me.
So Lynn, What do you think of the Driver Assist Plus feature? I ordered it thinking it was going to be similar to the Eyesight with Subaru, but from what I've read, it seems it's neutered.. I say this because Eyesight on the Subaru gives Lane Keep, full breaking for collision avoidance, active cruise control and blindside detection.
      05-09-2017, 01:33 AM   #43
rightrudder
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240i

Great to hear from someone so excited about getting her car! I'm pretty pumped up about getting mine too, which should be on a ship to the Left Coast within a week or so.

Thought I'd chime in about the airbag/seating situation. I don't know exactly how BMWs are configured, but some dual-stage airbags deploy with less force depending on seat position and/or occupant weight determined by a sensor in the seat.

If your car has one of the "smarter" systems, that bodes well for you, being shorter than average. Best possible scenario: you never get into a situation where the airbag deploys!

Have fun with your new BMW.
Appreciate 0