THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Any former E92 owners?

09-07-2017, 12:25 PM   #1
im4su2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi Coupe, 2016 435i GC

Any former E92 owners?

Any former E92, or any E9X for that matter, that now have a 2 series? If so, let me know which model and your thoughts. I'm considering going from a 2007 328xi coupe to a 230i w/ xDrive (trying to decide on M sport trim, track handling, etc). Pics of yours would be a bonus.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 08:50 AM   #2
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by im4su2 View Post
Any former E92, or any E9X for that matter, that now have a 2 series? If so, let me know which model and your thoughts. I'm considering going from a 2007 328xi coupe to a 230i w/ xDrive (trying to decide on M sport trim, track handling, etc). Pics of yours would be a bonus.

I had a 2009 E92 335i (6spd Manual).

I currently have a 2015 F22 M235i (8spd Auto).

Just make the move. Night and day difference between cars. The electronic steering is new but it doesn't feel super weak/light in Sports Mode (or Sports + Mode) as it tightens the feel. I also love the dependability of the N55 vs the cash cow the N54 was.

There is a little more sway in the M235i for some reason but I'm sitting on Dinan Springs & Bumpstops so it helps reduce the bodyroll the car had stock when I bought it.

Overall - the switch was amazing. My car has a tune, downpipe and a few other goodies and it's a blast to drive. It's actually a rocket...

I drove this car in 6spd before deciding on the 8spd Auto and the new transmission is amazing and feels great. I will say - I do miss having a 6spd at many times so my next car will have one...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2017, 11:02 AM   #3
Gilda G
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i xdrive

I owned a 2008 E92 335. The 335 it was extremely modified and put a big smile on my face every time I drove it. My 335 was reliable only in the shop for headlight bulbs replacement. Sold the 335 and went onto two other cars. Both impulse buys. Which I quickly regretted selling the 335.

After about two years I purchased the M235 and never looked back. I've seen only two on the road since owning it; which I like. Its not a common car to have. It's a quick car with or without mods. Its been in the shop for oil and to repair the ac fan above the glovebox. Somehow a piece of paper jammed the fan. Its a solid and reliable car. Which makes me grin every time I drive it. I feel its a little beast in performance with my mods. I only drive it in sport plus. Only checked out the other settings on the day I bought it and never returned haha. I rarely keep cars past the three year mark but this car I plan on it. Thats how much I love it.

Up next however will be the M2 or X6M... Still deciding on a car or an suv with a lot of horsepower haha.. Plus I get a kick out of everyone telling me "I can't believe a girl drives that car" haha. Here are some pictures of my 335 and my M235..
Attached Images

Last edited by Gilda G; 09-26-2017 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 2
Dylan861330.00
      09-27-2017, 03:45 PM   #4
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilda G View Post
I owned a 2008 E92 335. The 335 it was extremely modified and put a big smile on my face every time I drove it. My 335 was reliable only in the shop for headlight bulbs replacement. Sold the 335 and went onto two other cars. Both impulse buys. Which I quickly regretted selling the 335.

After about two years I purchased the M235 and never looked back. I've seen only two on the road since owning it; which I like. Its not a common car to have. It's a quick car with or without mods. Its been in the shop for oil and to repair the ac fan above the glovebox. Somehow a piece of paper jammed the fan. Its a solid and reliable car. Which makes me grin every time I drive it. I feel its a little beast in performance with my mods. I only drive it in sport plus. Only checked out the other settings on the day I bought it and never returned haha. I rarely keep cars past the three year mark but this car I plan on it. Thats how much I love it.

Up next however will be the M2 or X6M... Still deciding on a car or an suv with a lot of horsepower haha.. Plus I get a kick out of everyone telling me "I can't believe a girl drives that car" haha. Here are some pictures of my 335 and my M235..

Digging those step lip wheels on the E92! SSR's?

I had a napkin get sucked into the ac vent in the glove box on a previous VW - definitely couldn't believe it happened.

Definitely love the M235i over the E92 335i...but I do miss the 6spd
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2017, 07:41 PM   #5
Gilda G
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimp4cheddar View Post
Digging those step lip wheels on the E92! SSR's?

I had a napkin get sucked into the ac vent in the glove box on a previous VW - definitely couldn't believe it happened.

Definitely love the M235i over the E92 335i...but I do miss the 6spd
They were made by Miro. I don't remember the model. They looked amazing. The lip was insane. Every time I see a 335 that looks like mine I miss it. When I traded it in I saw someone test driving it a few days later. I almost pulled into the dealer and rebought it. A friend of mine had to talk me out of it while I sat at a red light. Thats how much I loved the car... haha
      10-02-2017, 12:38 PM   #6
mpbruin108
Mpbruin108
Rep
Drives: I'm a hypermiler

I've owned a E92 M3 and F82 M4 and now still got a F22 M240. However, I can't help you with the 328. I still dream about the E92 though.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 10:07 AM   #7
cxp213
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Don't know much about _28i or _30i models, but I also went from E92 335i 6MT to F22 M235i 8AT. I hated how the 3er felt when putting around and it handled like a boat around corners. The 2er is much better around corners, particularly with its suspension although I do feel the OE springs aren't the best match for the shocks. It is and feels slightly lighter but the shorter wheelbase also helps. One thing I really don't like is the fact that you're extremely limited in wheel/tire sizing with the 2er, and I wish I'd known (or researched) this prior to the purchase. I believe the M Sport package is mostly cosmetic so that's probably not worth it unless there are some differences that offer performance benefits. My 3er didn't have the M Sport package and I felt like I wasn't missing out on much (although there were less options for cosmetic mods for non-M Sport models).
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2017, 08:49 PM   #8
pimp4cheddar
El Capitán
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilda G View Post
They were made by Miro. I don't remember the model. They looked amazing. The lip was insane. Every time I see a 335 that looks like mine I miss it. When I traded it in I saw someone test driving it a few days later. I almost pulled into the dealer and rebought it. A friend of mine had to talk me out of it while I sat at a red light. Thats how much I loved the car... haha

So obviously you already bought the F22 lol

Thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cxp213 View Post
Don't know much about _28i or _30i models, but I also went from E92 335i 6MT to F22 M235i 8AT. I hated how the 3er felt when putting around and it handled like a boat around corners. The 2er is much better around corners, particularly with its suspension although I do feel the OE springs aren't the best match for the shocks. It is and feels slightly lighter but the shorter wheelbase also helps. One thing I really don't like is the fact that you're extremely limited in wheel/tire sizing with the 2er, and I wish I'd known (or researched) this prior to the purchase. I believe the M Sport package is mostly cosmetic so that's probably not worth it unless there are some differences that offer performance benefits. My 3er didn't have the M Sport package and I felt like I wasn't missing out on much (although there were less options for cosmetic mods for non-M Sport models).
Good point on wheel options. The offsets are terrible and you have almost nothing to choose from unless you custom order a set of wheels.

As for the handling/corner - I felt like the F22 was top heavy and still has a ton of bodyroll...much more than my E92.

I'm on Dinan Springs so it helps...but it's still noticeable abound bends. I actually hardly push the car...so it's just around streets and normal turns when I feel the bodyroll.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2017, 09:19 AM   #9
cxp213
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

It certainly has more body roll than I'd like but I don't think it's too bad for what the 2er is. I'd think the 3 series has softer springs than a 2 series, not to mention it's heavier so not sure about the F22 having more body roll. Plus, M235i has the adaptive suspension which stiffens the shocks, which helps reduce the body roll a bit.
Appreciate 0