THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum 2015 vs 2014

12-25-2014, 03:00 AM   #45
MrBucket
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 6MT Exec Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet987 View Post
Not just for the 2 series but all BMWs.... For 2015 BMWs sold after July 1, 2014, the factory maintenance coverage plan for 4yr/50k is good only for the original owner and doesn't transfer to any subsequent owners unless it's a family member. Maintenance plans on 2014 and older BMWs are tranferrable to subsequent owners, link:

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/08/12/b...-to-2nd-owner/
Does this mean my 2014 that I bought in July will transfer over if I were to sell it?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2014, 04:03 AM   #46
jbenington86
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 Tundra

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBucket View Post
Does this mean my 2014 that I bought in July will transfer over if I were to sell it?
From the wording on the BMWNA website if you have a 2014 you should be fine. The way it reads to me is that you need to meet 2 requirements. Have a 2015 model or later AND buy on or after July 1 2014.

http://www.bmwusa.com/UltimateService
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2014, 07:42 AM   #47
smitty16s
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 and X3

One of the comments on the article was pretty funny. "Even BMW can't afford maintenance on a BMW"
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2014, 09:00 AM   #48
jbenington86
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i, 2017 Tundra

Garage List
2015 M235i  [0.00]
2008 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty16s View Post
One of the comments on the article was pretty funny. "Even BMW can't afford maintenance on a BMW"
The first 4 years of a BMW's life IMO costs very little to maintain. Especially the first 2 years it was only oil changes and wiper blades. After that you get into the more costly expenses such as brake line flush (95% labor) and cabin/engine air filter changes.

Everything else BMW covers under their maintenance program such as brakes, drive belts etc. all held up way past the expiration of the maintenance program and I hit 50k miles well before then end of the 4 years.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 12:10 AM   #49
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

The maintenance is to try to increase in-network trade ins on cars which can be CPOed, discouraging third party sales. A CPO car will get the balance of the maintenance plan.
      12-26-2014, 02:51 AM   #50
reheat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic 1.8 HB

??

Thanks

I gave 7 last digits and got the answer: the car I get after 2 weeks is 1978 model 518 with manual

I checked the number. Can they give same number for 2 cars? Hope there is some mistake. I don't earn much but 2 years salary before taxes etc. is too much for -78 Bmw 518 I think
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 10:41 AM   #51
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by reheat View Post
Thanks

I gave 7 last digits and got the answer: the car I get after 2 weeks is 1978 model 518 with manual

I checked the number. Can they give same number for 2 cars? Hope there is some mistake. I don't earn much but 2 years salary before taxes etc. is too much for -78 Bmw 518 I think
The '78 BMW 518 is a collector's item. This is like when cereal makers put a secret toy in one box of their cereal for a lucky kid to find. You've won the prize, sir. Congratulations!

12-27-2014, 04:05 AM   #52
reheat
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Honda Civic 1.8 HB

This Is Christmas!

The '78 BMW 518 is a collector's item. This is like when cereal makers put a secret toy in one box of their cereal for a lucky kid to find. You've won the prize, sir. Congratulations!

Sorry, didn't know I'm so clumsy
But this is the best christmas present ever
I don't have to drive teeny 235, instead respected 518. Soon I must feel teenage is over and I'm full-grown adult
Hope you are right, can't live if that teeny toy is there.. after 2 weeks joy of hype
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2015, 01:45 PM   #53
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 718 Cayman

Model Year 2015 Changes

The inserts for the front cup holders that were part of the standard Storage Package (493) have been removed as of MY 2015 (7/2014 production). Digital/print materials will be updated as time permits to reflect this change.

New Models

There will be two new models available starting with MY 2015.
For the first time, both engine variants will be available with xDrive.

228i xDrive

M235i xDrive

All sDrive and xDrive models will come standard with Sport Automatic Transmission.
Manual transmission will be available as a no-cost option on sDrive models only.

M235i xDrive will come standard with All-season tires (2TR) but the Michelin Pilot Super Sport performance non-runflat tires can be ordered as a no-cost option (2PG).

228i xDrive will have the same tires and wheels as the sDrive model, 17" all-season run flat tires (2LP).

Standard equipment

The following changes will be made to the MY 2015 models compared to MY 2014:

Bluetooth audio streaming will now be standard on both models and no longer requires option 6NS "Enhanced USB & Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration".

There are no other changes to the 228i standard profile.

M235i will have the following changes and will apply to both sDrive and xDrive.

Retractable headlight washers (502) will be removed from standard equipment and moved to Cold Weather Package (ZCW)

Ambiance Lighting (563) will be added to standard equipment and removed from Premium Package (ZPP)

The side "M" badges will be removed.

Packages

Premium Package (ZPP)

M235i will have the following changes:

Ambiance Lighting (563) is added to standard equipment and removed from Premium Package (ZPP)

Premium Package (ZPP) will be reduced from $2,300 to $2,150.

Cold Weather Package (ZCW)

M235i will have the following changes:

Retractable headlight washers (502) are added to Cold Weather Package (ZCW) from standard equipment

Cold Weather Package (ZCW) will be increased from $550 to $700.

Technology Package (ZTP)

Enhanced USB & Bluetooth plus Smartphone Integration (6NS) will be removed from the Technology Package for all 228i and M235i models. Pricing will stay at $2,150 for all models.

Note: Bluetooth audio streaming is now part of the standard equipment for all 2 Series Coupe models.

Dynamic Handling Package (ZDH)

228i will no longer offer a Dynamic Handling Package.
The content from ZDH will be moved to the Track Handling Package (ZTR) for MY 2015.

Track Handling Package (ZTR)

228i sDrive and xDrive will offer an all-new Track Handling Package (ZTR) for MY 2015.

ZTR will be priced at:

$2,200

$1,600 in combination with Sport Line or M Sport

Content includes:

Variable Sport Steering (2VL)

Adaptive M Suspension (2VF)

M Sport Brakes (2NH)

18" wheels

Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires (performance non-run flat)

Options

M Sport Brakes (2NH)

228i will no longer offer M Sport Brakes as a standalone option requiring M Sport.
They will only be offered as part of the Track Handling Package.

They continue to be standard equipment on M235i, both sDrive and xDrive.

Moonroof delete (ZDM)

Moonroof delete is available as a no-cost option for M235i sDrive and xDrive models.

Enhanced USB & Bluetooth and Smartphone Integration (6NS)

6NS will no longer be part of the Technology Package (ZTP). It will instead be offered as a standalone option available with and without Technology Package.

Upholstery

Terra Dakota Leather (LCB8) is now available in combination with Sport Line.

Oyster Dakota Leather (LCDH) has been removed.

Oyster/Black with dark Oyster accent (LCOM) is now available in combination with M Sport.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 06:29 PM   #54
jwr0721
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBucket
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Ho View Post
A consolidated list of 2015 m235i changes I've seen around the internet:
  • Removal of the M badges from the front fenders "(3DZ) Without Lines designation outside" is noted on new build orders destined for the US. (CONFIRMED by Gregharp)
  • Ambience lighting (ground-illuminating lights in door handles, separately controlled left/right front and rear reading lights, front footwell lighting, and illuminated vanity mirrors), which was part of the 2014 premium package, is now standard for the m235i. (UNCONFIRMED, source = bmwusa.com build guide)
  • The memory button for the electric seat settings is now marked with SET instead of M. (CONFIRMED)
  • Servotronic power steering can now be configured using the Dynamic Driving Control toggle switch on the center console, separately from the existing chassis and drivetrain settings. (DISPUTED by Gregharp. original source = press release)
  • When equipped with optional navigation and in combination with automatic transmission, predictive gearshift strategy (shift recommendation indicator) is displayed using navigation data when the transmission is being driven in the manual mode. (UNCONFIRMED, source = press release)
  • The standard-equipment new generation Radio BMW Professional is now equipped with 3G functionality. (UNCONFIRMED, source = press release)

• All models equipped with optional heated steering wheel (option 248): An activation symbol now appears in the instrument cluster. This feature allows the driver to immediately notice if the heating is active, without having to look to the activation switch on the left side of the steering column. (UNCONFIRMED, source = press release)
  • Radio on/off/volume control knob now has imprinted ON/OFF (does not pertain to M3 and M4). (CONFIRMED)
  • Music streaming via Bluetooth is now standard - see scottomfg's post here for details and BMW PDF describing changes: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...7#post16289727 (CONFIRMED)
That would be nice, its annoying to try to look over at that button. I didn't even know where the button was for a month when I got the car since it was the summer, I figured they just came on with the heated seats like they do in Audis until my friend noticed it looking through the window one day.
Totally agree. I'm going to kill myself one day trying to find out if my steering wheel heater is still on. I was just thinking last night "how hard would it have been for them to put a little glowing orange steering wheel in the display?"
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2015, 07:07 PM   #55
MrBucket
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 AW M2 6MT Exec Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwr0721 View Post
Totally agree. I'm going to kill myself one day trying to find out if my steering wheel heater is still on. I was just thinking last night "how hard would it have been for them to put a little glowing orange steering wheel in the display?"
I had a 328i xDrive last week as a loaner and it was a 2015. The way that the heater signal for the steering wheel worked, was that it showed a steering wheel and said the heater is on for about 2 seconds in the binnacle where normally the LCD screen just says M235i while the car is on.
Appreciate 0