THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Dash Suddenly Turned Off/Reset while Driving...Any Ideas? (2016 M235i)

01-04-2019, 02:08 PM   #23
hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2 View Post
I'm experiencing this same issue. It's only happens in one spot or the globe (that I can find so far) with a destination loaded in NAV. I told the dealer about it last summer. They said they never heard of it before and blamed my Dash Cam.
But now I see there is a bulletin thanks to captain-goodnight. Next time I'm at the dealer, I'll point this out.
I've uploaded SI B62 06 16 as a PDF.
Happened to me on numerous occasions dating back to the summer. It went to the dealership and first visit they updated the software. Still had the issue so on the next visit they replaced the screen. Fixed the problem for a week and then it started up again. Next visit the replaced the head unit. Good for 4 days and what do you know? Last visit, they updated the software again and they're thinking it might be related to the USB port. It hasn't happened in the past month but they said if it does, to remove the flash drive to see if that fixes it. That way they'll know it's a hardware issue with the port.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 05:40 AM   #24
zedg30
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 530d M-Sport

G30 530d - Dash turns off

Hey,

I encountered the same issue but for me the whole instrument cluster (speedometer) was blank when I turned my car on, this also lead to 3 error messages on the Idrive:

- Fault with collision warning system
- Fault with Pedestrian warning system
- (Can't recall the details of the third fault but it was relating to driver information on the dash)

I called out the bmw emergency number and a technician came out to assess - he advised he would reset the battery and then run a diagnostics tool to see what the error was. He advised the error code was relating to "connection fault" which could be software relating - he had the same issue on another model bmw but did advised the battery reset fixed it (so he says).

At this point the dash was back working - but the next day the exact same issue with the same error codes on the Idrive - they then advised to take in to the BMW garage for further checks - they currently still have it and will revert back with their findings.

If any else has heard or come across this let me know. FYI - Car is still under warranty.
Appreciate 1
dradernh4413.00