THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Switch from my beloved m235 i to 435 gran coupe.

05-07-2015, 05:38 PM   #23
tke743
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: LBB M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by proflex957 View Post
That's a stretch...IMO.
Have you seen it in carbon black? And yes, my responce was IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2015, 12:17 PM   #24
ALMOST///M
Rep
Drives: M235i (first car) 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMOST///M View Post
If you plan on a 435i GC you might as well go M3 at that point. The price shouldn't be too much different and it comes with so many features stock including NAV. Any performance or LUX options on the 435i GC will cause the price to skyrocket. It's entirely your decision, but the M3 wouldn't be a big step up form the 435i GC and it will be more fun while still achieving similar fuel economy (well maybe from a manual stand point). This is just a thought.

I talked to a salesman at a dealership who sold a man a fully load 335i with every Performance part money could buy and the cost was more than a M3. This to me is just stupid.

But then again I don't know your budget or what you want.
That's a bad argument and I don't know why people keep making it. With that logic you shouldn't get an M3 either, get an M5, it's "only" $10k over a well equipped M4.

If you assume you're buying more than just the engine, once you add the options that get the cars on a level equipment playing field (Executive package, DCT on an M) and a well loaded 435i GC (Tech, Premium, Cold Weather, PDC) you're talking about a $13,000 price difference still. Even if you are leasing that's still over $150 more month.

You can only compare a stripper MT to a fully loaded 435i X drive with a few M performance parts on added for bonus before you start talking about the prices being similar, and that doesn't get past the fact that the M car will drink more fuel and cost more to insure.
Stripper MT is the ONLY way to go!!! I guess the price difference is a little more drastic than what I originally pointed out, but to one who is trading up from a very sporty M235i (I'm not sure if his has a slushbox or not) in not so sure a 435i in a similar price range with the M235i (meaning fewer options on the 4er) will be quite as satisfying to drive. Again in this case he is searching for function. But if you need more space and want some great power, providing that you have a little more financial wiggle room, the M3 really is a sensible option. Again this is just an idea, obviously I have no say in his actual decision.

Edit
"Stripper" really isn't the correct term no M3, base or not, is by any means a "stripper" or lacking in options. The M3 options are really just neat technology that the driver doesn't necessarily need. My M3 build has the HK stereo Manual and Comp. Pkg. Nothing fancy or stupid. Just M.
Appreciate 0