THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery When does your 2018 model production complete?

08-04-2017, 01:28 AM   #1
deer1209
Rep
Drives: M240

When does your 2018 model production complete?

Mine is Aug 15. Any earlier ones?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 08:40 AM   #2
19Duke97
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i coming someday

According to my CA, mine is supposedly Aug 20. However I have no VIN and no scheduled production date as of today, so I am skeptical. So to answer your question, no, and I have not seen or heard any earlier than yours.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 10:41 AM   #3
Clear_Blue22
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 230i MSport

Garage List
2018 BMW 230i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Duke97 View Post
According to my CA, mine is supposedly Aug 20. However I have no VIN and no scheduled production date as of today, so I am skeptical. So to answer your question, no, and I have not seen or heard any earlier than yours.
I got my production number on 23July even though I placed my order and signed the order sheet on 21June. The dealer told me they had to wait for allocations before they could submit it. But, eitheway I was told to still expect it to be delivered by the end of Aug. Still don't have a VIN or a production date so I'm skeptical.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 03:45 PM   #4
MarcoZandrini
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Mine is the week of August 21st! Waiting, waiting, waiting!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2017, 03:07 PM   #5
19Duke97
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Duke97 View Post
Update mine now has a build completion date of August 18
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 01:39 PM   #6
green.tea
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

My week 31 production is now week 34....
:/
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 08:37 PM   #7
havinfun
Private
Rep
Drives: m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by deer1209 View Post
Mine is Aug 15. Any earlier ones?
My 2018 M240i was ordered on 6/13. The start of build was 6/19. The car finished production on 7/1 and left Bremmenhaven on 7/15. It arrived in Galveston, Texas on 7/30, and I picked it up in Little Rock, AR on 8/3. In fairness to all of you waiting for your cars: my order was expedited since my original 2017 order was damaged in the car transport truck on the way to Little Rock. A new car was ordered for me, and given the timing, it turned out to be one of the first 2018's.

My first impressions: estoril blue is beautiful in person and has very little orange peel. The contrasting stitching in the oyster dakota leather seats is a nice touch, and seats are very comfortable. The new fineline pure wood trim (non glossy) goes very well with the seats, and is beautiful. The 719 bi-color 18" wheels look terrific, and make the wheel/tire combo look more like 19's. The new LED headlights are plenty bright. Already getting 30+ mpg in first 100 miles (almost no city driving). Suspension is great: flat turns but not teeth-jarring over bumps. Turning radius extremely small (nice maneuvering in driveway).

The negatives: only one USB port (in center console) and no AUX jack. No new horizontal "fins" in the front lower air ducts despite all the pictures/videos to the contrary. Storage bin in front of cup holders gone because cup holders now have a sliding cover. Therefore, no convenient spot to store sun glasses (at least for me). New dash trim design with wood trim insert in center of dash looks amateurish compared to the original design with inserts surrounding the L/R air vents. Center console not big enough to store a small box of tissues for my wife. No sun visor extentions: visormates already ordered. Exhaust still too quiet like previous models.
Appreciate 1
      08-07-2017, 08:41 PM   #8
green.tea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by havinfun View Post
My 2018 M240i was ordered on 6/13. The start of build was 6/19. The car finished production on 7/1 and left Bremmenhaven on 7/15. It arrived in Galveston, Texas on 7/30, and I picked it up in Little Rock, AR on 8/3. In fairness to all of you waiting for your cars: my order was expedited since my original 2017 order was damaged in the car transport truck on the way to Little Rock. A new car was ordered for me, and given the timing, it turned out to be one of the first 2018's.

My first impressions: estoril blue is beautiful in person and has very little orange peel. The contrasting stitching in the oyster dakota leather seats is a nice touch, and seats are very comfortable. The new fineline pure wood trim (non glossy) goes very well with the seats, and is beautiful. The 719 bi-color 18" wheels look terrific, and make the wheel/tire combo look more like 19's. The new LED headlights are plenty bright. Already getting 30+ mpg in first 100 miles (almost no city driving). Suspension is great: flat turns but not teeth-jarring over bumps. Turning radius extremely small (nice maneuvering in driveway).

The negatives: only one USB port (in center console) and no AUX jack. No new horizontal "fins" in the front lower air ducts despite all the pictures/videos to the contrary. Storage bin in front of cup holders gone because cup holders now have a sliding cover. Therefore, no convenient spot to store sun glasses (at least for me). New dash trim design with wood trim insert in center of dash looks amateurish compared to the original design with inserts surrounding the L/R air vents. Center console not big enough to store a small box of tissues for my wife. No sun visor extentions: visormates already ordered. Exhaust still too quiet like previous models.
Same combination I went with, so good to hear!

Now back to the waiting game....
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 02:43 AM   #9
deer1209
Rep

Thanks for sharing Very curious to see the new bicolor rim. Any pictures?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 07:04 AM   #10
19Duke97
Rep

Quote:

Got any pictures? Would love to see the new interior and wheels!
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2017, 09:56 AM   #11
Fleish99
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:

So you had a 2018 built before the July 1 cutover to 2018 builds because of your issue? Would love pics too...

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 06:58 AM   #12
havinfun
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleish99 View Post
So you had a 2018 built before the July 1 cutover to 2018 builds because of your issue? Would love pics too...

Thanks
Yes, my car was built early. May be the first 2018 delivered to U.S. I just took some pictures yesterday but am having trouble with my copy of Photoshop Elements for editing. Will post pics as soon as I fix this problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 12:28 AM   #13
Clear_Blue22
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW 230i  [0.00]
I finally got my VIN the other day. I'm kind of shocked I still haven't heard anything from the dealer. I tracked down the info on my own calling the 1800 number and spoke to someone. Signed build sheet 21June, production number 23Jul. Called the 1800 number on 9Aug and the very helpful lady on the phone provided me with the VIN and the production end date of 23Aug stating that it actually started production that morning. According to her I'm to expect the car ready for pick up sometime in late Sep or early Oct...

If you are still waiting to know something I would recommend calling the 1800 BWM NA number and ask to speak to someone. She answered all my questions, and said something about a delay in production due to issues with the 5 series needing the production line longer because they were behind schedule from some other delay. Perhaps why everyone seemed to be left hanging for a month.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 08:54 AM   #14
havinfun
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleish99 View Post

Thanks
OK. Finally able to post some pictures of my 2018 M240i.
Attached Images

Appreciate 5
      08-11-2017, 11:09 AM   #15
DailySleeper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240xi

Quote:
Looks fun! I'm really digging the setup, this is the same color/wheel combo I'm thinking as well as interior.

Would it be too much to bug you for some more interior trim shots?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 11:54 AM   #16
bensanford
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Grey '18 230i & Grey '21 330ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear_Blue22 View Post
I finally got my VIN the other day. I'm kind of shocked I still haven't heard anything from the dealer. I tracked down the info on my own calling the 1800 number and spoke to someone. Signed build sheet 21June, production number 23Jul. Called the 1800 number on 9Aug and the very helpful lady on the phone provided me with the VIN and the production end date of 23Aug stating that it actually started production that morning. According to her I'm to expect the car ready for pick up sometime in late Sep or early Oct...

If you are still waiting to know something I would recommend calling the 1800 BWM NA number and ask to speak to someone. She answered all my questions, and said something about a delay in production due to issues with the 5 series needing the production line longer because they were behind schedule from some other delay. Perhaps why everyone seemed to be left hanging for a month.
Since I just received my production number on Friday, I guess I am close to a month behind you.

I am a bit surprised that you didn't hear anything from your dealer. I had thought (apparently mistakenly) that the dealer would call and say something along the line "your car is schedule to start production in two weeks, is there anything you want to change before everything is locked in?"
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 12:16 PM   #17
green.tea
Rep

Looks great havinfun
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 04:19 PM   #18
Clear_Blue22
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW 230i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bensanford View Post
Since I just received my production number on Friday, I guess I am close to a month behind you.

I am a bit surprised that you didn't hear anything from your dealer. I had thought (apparently mistakenly) that the dealer would call and say something along the line "your car is schedule to start production in two weeks, is there anything you want to change before everything is locked in?"
Right now I'm satisfied with the set up I went with. I was really on the fence about the oyster instead of black, but something about the white being a tad on the yellow side bothered me in person. I sat in the dealership with nothing but 7 pages of codes for 4 hours to make sure I included everything on the build sheet I wanted/could have. I really wanted the Orbit grey wheels, but N/A for the 230i. Still waiting on the "build your own" to change to the 2018 so I can compare everything on my build sheet and make sure I didn't miss anything.

Curious how everyone else's experience has been with the dealership. Mine was not very helpful through email at all prior to me showing up. Sending me quotes for 2017s in the wrong colors and automatic instead of manual. In person they were very helpful and easy to work with and I quickly negotiated the price I wanted. Now that I am 3 hours away again and communicating with email it takes a few days to get a response, and they aren't forthcoming with information unless I specifically ask for it. Right now I'm still waiting for an email to let me know my car started production and provide a VIN. I already have that info from the 1800 number, but curious when they will let me know.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 06:09 PM   #19
deer1209
Rep

Quote:

Looks great! Thanks for sharing!
Just curious, did you choose to remove the M badge on the side?
My vin shows "3DZ Without Lines Designation outside", after googling around I find I may lose the M badge. (which I kind of like
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 06:11 PM   #20
deer1209
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear_Blue22 View Post
Right now I'm satisfied with the set up I went with. I was really on the fence about the oyster instead of black, but something about the white being a tad on the yellow side bothered me in person. I sat in the dealership with nothing but 7 pages of codes for 4 hours to make sure I included everything on the build sheet I wanted/could have. I really wanted the Orbit grey wheels, but N/A for the 230i. Still waiting on the "build your own" to change to the 2018 so I can compare everything on my build sheet and make sure I didn't miss anything.

Curious how everyone else's experience has been with the dealership. Mine was not very helpful through email at all prior to me showing up. Sending me quotes for 2017s in the wrong colors and automatic instead of manual. In person they were very helpful and easy to work with and I quickly negotiated the price I wanted. Now that I am 3 hours away again and communicating with email it takes a few days to get a response, and they aren't forthcoming with information unless I specifically ask for it. Right now I'm still waiting for an email to let me know my car started production and provide a VIN. I already have that info from the 1800 number, but curious when they will let me know.
same customer service experience here
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 08:03 PM   #21
DailySleeper
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240xi

Quote:
My vin shows "3DZ Without Lines Designation outside", after googling around I find I may lose the M badge. (which I kind of like
I thought the side badges were only on the Euro models.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 10:15 PM   #22
havinfun
Private
Rep

Quote:
The car did not come with M badges on the sides. I am learning that a number of "advertised" features as shown in pictures and videos of the 2018 models are missing from the U.S. model but apparently are equipped in the European version.
Appreciate 0