THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum My first road trip

11-02-2014, 09:12 PM   #1
brhon
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i Xdrive MW

My first road trip

I made the first of what will be many trips to The Great State of Ohio to see Ohio State v Illinois. Round trip was just over 500 miles. Despite our terrible roads in SE Michigan, the car performed well. This is the smallest car I have owned since college. I traded a Nissan Armada, for anyone here familiar you know that's a big truck. I was a little concerned going to a car this size, as I travel a lot, mostly 4 hour one way trips and gone for a couple days at a time. This trip accomplished a couple of things, covered some of my break in miles, provided some fun driving, drew some attention, and above all else made me love the car, handling, speed, it was all good. The steering is so responsive, and the acceleration off the line is impressive. Once I found my perfect seating position, the drive was great. On the way home, a 428 pulled up alongside and decided he wanted to see what the little car could do, needless to say I laid waist to him and an Audi A5. Too bad my windows are a little dark, would have loved to get the reaction on camera. My daughter and her friend had no problem sitting in the back seat, and entry was easy. I don't listen to FM radio much (need to setup my Sat radio), I was surprised that as I drove from one area to the next the radio station list was updating the channel list often. Comfort mode in this car is more like Sport in my 328 GT. I averaged 17 MPG, I admit I don't think too much about mileage. As I added miles, it seems the brakes are getting better, thought they would have more "grab". My girls thought I was kidding when I told them we were parking on the roof of the parking garage. I forgot to take some shots on the roof, as that seems to be a favorite place for lots of forum drivers. This is still on my checklist. It was a great weekend, and a blast to drive.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      11-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #2
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Sounds like good fun before the snow comes! Grats on the nice ride!