THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Dinan Stage 4 installed

11-30-2016, 12:54 PM   #67
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

No fun in looking at your buddies supermodel girlfriend.
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 01:00 PM   #68
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Not really offering you to take them for the track day....... but the right seat will be open
GTS will not have done the break-in service yet either, so it will be there for appetizers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
Awwww, sad face lol.

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2016, 02:57 PM   #69
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Quote:
But more fun than looking at your buddies butt ugly GF.....lol
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 10:53 AM   #70
Deeter1910
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Stage 1 to Stage 4

Does Dinan offer any discounts if previous mods have already been installed? (Stage 1 ECU and Cat-back exhaust)

And how long did they need the car to make the upgrades? I'm thinking about going to stage 4 here in a year or so.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 02:18 PM   #71
qnet
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 Jeep Wrangler, 18 M2 LBB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeter1910 View Post
Does Dinan offer any discounts if previous mods have already been installed? (Stage 1 ECU and Cat-back exhaust)

And how long did they need the car to make the upgrades? I'm thinking about going to stage 4 here in a year or so.
That's a good question. I have every mod that would make my car have the S1 package, except the tune box. When I talked to a Dinan rep on the phone, he said that stuff is usually done all at once. I have a Dinan badge but, if I bought the stage 2 box, I'm not sure they would give me the S1 under hood badge or any discounts. I believe the discounts are only if you buy the whole package at once.

I would like to go with the stage 2, but I'm not sure, since I still want an M2. It seems like if i went that far with with M235i, then I don't know if it would be worth turning back after spending so much money.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 04:01 PM   #72
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

Dinan never discounts. If you have a Stage tuned IE: Stage 1, and you want to up that to another stage, you pay the difference in price.

Example: If stage 1 is 1,000, and stage 2 is 1,500, you would pay 500.

They used to offer a 10% twice a year but have stopped doing that for about 3 years now.
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 06:27 PM   #73
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qnet View Post
That's a good question. I have every mod that would make my car have the S1 package, except the tune box. When I talked to a Dinan rep on the phone, he said that stuff is usually done all at once. I have a Dinan badge but, if I bought the stage 2 box, I'm not sure they would give me the S1 under hood badge or any discounts. I believe the discounts are only if you buy the whole package at once.

I would like to go with the stage 2, but I'm not sure, since I still want an M2. It seems like if i went that far with with M235i, then I don't know if it would be worth turning back after spending so much money.
Quote:
Dinan never discounts. If you have a Stage tuned IE: Stage 1, and you want to up that to another stage, you pay the difference in price.

Example: If stage 1 is 1,000, and stage 2 is 1,500, you would pay 500.

They used to offer a 10% twice a year but have stopped doing that for about 3 years now.
With MAP (minimum advertised pricing) pricing along with our growing distribution network we do not typically offer discounts at the factory level. We leave that to the dealers in the field. We do not want to compete with our distribution in the field after all, defeats the point of having them.

What Bryan said is said is true and you would just pay the difference in stages. We would not retroactively offer the 10% signature/power package discount after the fact. In fact that particular discount is only applied when purchased through and installed at a dealer. Its a unique tool the dealers have. Plenty of different ways to skin a cat though so we would always encourage you to reach out to your local dealer and have that conversation. Who knows what they may offer.

In regards to a 'true' sale... Up until this most recent black Friday weekend we hadn't had a sale since October, 2014. Again, with the emphasis on distribution, sales tend to create madness especially when you enforce a MAP policy. This year we did the experiment of having a MAP holiday and it went relatively smoothly but I wouldn't anticipate the ever revolving sale every other month like it was in years past as you simply become a slave to sales.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 10:58 PM   #74
BarryB
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 30Jahre M5 plus a few more M's

Garage List
Quote:

Just a few days
60 Impala (43k orig mi)
15 Turbo S (Kobb tune and Kline exhaust)
Appreciate 0