THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning Enzo Performance N55 Tune - Independent Dyno Results

12-05-2015, 03:43 PM   #23
Luminous
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost82
I asked them a couple times but never got a response about fueling. Are you running meth or any other supplemental fueling to run full boost on that turbo?

The jb guys need meth to run 24 25 pds of boost
To run max boost you will definitely need some type of additional fueling. Personally I'd rather avoid meth and plan on eventually adding the fuel-it tbi kit and lpfp. Right now I'm on stock fuel system using 93 pump and have had no issues. Looks like the current tune is peaking at 21psi but tapers off as rpm increases. Will experiment with adding a bit of e85 and see what happens, on the stock turbo I could add as much as 5 gallons per tank with no issues.

I had a chance to test the car last night and I have to revise my earlier comment of the car not being much faster. Even on the current tune the car feels like an absolute beast, at WOT it's frighteningly fast. It's definitely a lot faster, the power delivery is so incredibly smooth it's ridiculous, the blurb between shifts is louder and it sounds absolutely intoxicating at WOT.

Since this is my first upgraded turbo, I didn't know what to expect and was really worried about the increased spool time affecting my 0-60 times, but I am happy to report that I easily matched my record of 3.80s on the first run, with half a tank of gas.

Honestly I'd recommend this upgrade along with the dv+ even for people who don't plan on running max boost, I feel it's really improved the overall feel of the car, not sure why that is but I assume it's because the turbo just runs more efficiently vs a maxed out stock turbo.

2015 SO M3 6MT

2015 BSM M235xi
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2015, 08:03 PM   #24
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
To run max boost you will definitely need some type of additional fueling. Personally I'd rather avoid meth and plan on eventually adding the fuel-it tbi kit and lpfp. Right now I'm on stock fuel system using 93 pump and have had no issues. Looks like the current tune is peaking at 21psi but tapers off as rpm increases. Will experiment with adding a bit of e85 and see what happens, on the stock turbo I could add as much as 5 gallons per tank with no issues.

I had a chance to test the car last night and I have to revise my earlier comment of the car not being much faster. Even on the current tune the car feels like an absolute beast, at WOT it's frighteningly fast. It's definitely a lot faster, the power delivery is so incredibly smooth it's ridiculous, the blurb between shifts is louder and it sounds absolutely intoxicating at WOT.

Since this is my first upgraded turbo, I didn't know what to expect and was really worried about the increased spool time affecting my 0-60 times, but I am happy to report that I easily matched my record of 3.80s on the first run, with half a tank of gas.

Honestly I'd recommend this upgrade along with the dv+ even for people who don't plan on running max boost, I feel it's really improved the overall feel of the car, not sure why that is but I assume it's because the turbo just runs more efficiently vs a maxed out stock turbo.
I'm dying here!!

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 03:21 AM   #25
Luminous
Captain
Rep

Update:

So it feels like the car is getting faster the more I drive it, as though the ecu is adapting to the bigger turbo. I don't know enough about engine management software to know whether that's even possible, I'm just reporting my subjective impressions.

I did manage to set a new personal record for 0-60 times: 3.67s and acceleration of 1.35Gs
Attached Images

2015 SO M3 6MT

2015 BSM M235xi
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2015, 04:14 AM   #26
chaddy74
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i

Sounds and looks very promising
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Update:

So it feels like the car is getting faster the more I drive it, as though the ecu is adapting to the bigger turbo. I don't know enough about engine management software to know whether that's even possible, I'm just reporting my subjective impressions.

I did manage to set a new personal record for 0-60 times: 3.67s and acceleration of 1.35Gs
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2015, 08:34 AM   #27
boost82
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Cool man. My problem with the fuel it tb kit is it uses a boost switch. To me that's no different than or more reliable than a meth kit.....

Don't run ethanol you will need more fuel volume. If you get the fuel it kit then you can try some mixtures
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 02:54 AM   #28
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Welcome to the Pure Stage2 club
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 02:59 AM   #29
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost82 View Post
Cool man. My problem with the fuel it tb kit is it uses a boost switch. To me that's no different than or more reliable than a meth kit.....

Don't run ethanol you will need more fuel volume. If you get the fuel it kit then you can try some mixtures
I don't see the problem with the Fuel-IT TBI kit. The hobb's switch is pretty reliable. You set the load of the spring. You get pressure in the CP and it makes contact. Completing contact opens the solenoid and the TBI nozzles start spraying. It sprays in tank fuel. So it works perfect on an E30-E40 mix in my car. I have been running it since summer. No issues at all.
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #30
boost82
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkiedm4 View Post
I don't see the problem with the Fuel-IT TBI kit. The hobb's switch is pretty reliable. You set the load of the spring. You get pressure in the CP and it makes contact. Completing contact opens the solenoid and the TBI nozzles start spraying. It sprays in tank fuel. So it works perfect on an E30-E40 mix in my car. I have been running it since summer. No issues at all.
No problem I just think it's no more or less reliable than boost switch meth kit, that was my point. I didn't say it wasn't quality parts or anything I'm sure it works great
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 11:51 AM   #31
boost82
Private First Class
Rep

I haven't ruled out buying the kit cause I want to run ethanol but just wish it was controlled a bit more advanced than a on off boost switch.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 12:07 PM   #32
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boost82
Quote:
No problem I just think it's no more or less reliable than boost switch meth kit, that was my point. I didn't say it wasn't quality parts or anything I'm sure it works great
How much more simple can you have it than a analogue boost trigger signal? And the difference with meth is that you spray the same octane as without it because it runs from the in-tank fuel. I think there are fewer points of failure. Then again i have been running both tbi and meth for some time.

Its hard to let the meth go... Like its an addiction
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2015, 04:49 PM   #33
boost82
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
How much more simple can you have it than a analogue boost trigger signal? And the difference with meth is that you spray the same octane as without it because it runs from the in-tank fuel. I think there are fewer points of failure. Then again i have been running both tbi and meth for some time.

Its hard to let the meth go... Like its an addiction
The problem with using boost is it's not a good indicator of engine load. You can be in 5th or 6th gear at low rpm and spool your turbo fully up at like 3 to 4k rpm. That's what I mean... Same thing with the meth kits that why I bought an Aquamist kit because at least I can trigger on rail pressure and injector duty cycle. Even if we could integrate an rpm input into the controller I would love that.

BTW, I am def addicted to meth haha

OP, sorry for the thread jack haha
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 09:30 AM   #34
LimeRockM235
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i Xdrive

when you said you dropped your car at ACM was that short for Autocouture? ive been looking for a shop in NJ
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 10:18 AM   #35
Luminous
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeRockM235
when you said you dropped your car at ACM was that short for Autocouture? ive been looking for a shop in NJ
Yes, great shop, highly recommended.

Here's a pic of my car from their fb:
Attached Images

2015 SO M3 6MT

2015 BSM M235xi
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 10:27 AM   #36
LimeRockM235
Private First Class
Rep

awesome im going to head over some time this week once i get my car. im going to have them do my flash ive been in contact with lalit. got his info through my dealership. seems like an awesome guy.

who actually does the tuning for the shop though?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 10:44 AM   #37
Luminous
Captain
Rep

Quote:
awesome im going to head over some time this week once i get my car. im going to have them do my flash ive been in contact with lalit. got his info through my dealership. seems like an awesome guy.

who actually does the tuning for the shop though?
Honestly if you're looking for flash tuning you're probably better off checking out Enzo Performance in Long Island.

2015 SO M3 6MT

2015 BSM M235xi
Appreciate 2
      12-09-2015, 11:25 AM   #38
LimeRockM235
Private First Class
Rep

question about flashing the ecu. if i needed to bring the car in for service would i get the oem tune back on. would i have to take my car back to enzo first. what work do you have ACM do for you also? My boss is friends with one of the guys there thats the only reason i considered them for tuning.
a for a quick newb forum question. is FBO full bolt on? lol

Last edited by LimeRockM235; 12-09-2015 at 02:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 04:08 PM   #39
alexc93
Colonel
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeRockM235 View Post
question about flashing the ecu. if i needed to bring the car in for service would i get the oem tune back on. would i have to take my car back to enzo first. what work do you have ACM do for you also? My boss is friends with one of the guys there thats the only reason i considered them for tuning.

To flash back to stock you'd have to send in to enzo again im pretty sure.

Yes FBO is full bolt on (downpipe, intake, front mount intercooler fmic, charge pipe) and sometimes people consider exhaust part of it too but catbacks show minimal gains on our cars.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 04:52 PM   #40
Luminous
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I don't know where you live, but Enzo can flash your car back to stock via obd so if you swing by the shop it should only take a second.

Only work I had done at ACM was the turbo install, all other bolt ons were installed by Frank at Enzo's, really great guy. I would have done the turbo with them as well but they were a bit backed up and I'm too impatient to have the turbo sitting around in a box

2015 SO M3 6MT

2015 BSM M235xi
Appreciate 2
      12-09-2015, 04:57 PM   #41
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options

Quote:
Just take it into service as normal. Flash tune is not detectable unless the dealer knows EXACTLY where to look within ECU...could be detectable if ECU is sent back to BMW tho.

Piggybacks are detectable as they have to direct connect to ECU, then be hidden.

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 04:59 PM   #42
Luminous
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronanz
Quote:
Just take it into service as normal. Flash tune is not detectable unless the dealer knows EXACTLY where to look within ECU...could be detectable if ECU is sent back to BMW tho.

Piggybacks are detectable as they have to direct connect to ECU, then be hidden.

I agree, if just routine service I wouldn't worry about it, I recently took my car in for warranty oil change and had no issues. If you're going in for warranty work I would flash back to stock just in case.

2015 SO M3 6MT

2015 BSM M235xi
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2015, 11:04 PM   #43
jcruz3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcruz3 View Post
great results! gives me an idea of where I'm at . loving the Enzo tune!

good luck on stage 2!
Get ready, Luminous SuperBran mge92 shivaswrath R32DBP Crashnbrn5 and I we'll be going for Dynojet soon .. to show the community all EnzoTuned Flash cars Numbers, with diff mods, and engines.
Can't wait for drag-season again !

Great numbers and thanks for providing the community with this info!

412/462 Dynojet on stock turbo with catted Dp on 93 EnzoTuned
vs
377/417 Dynojet 95 octane JB4 map7 catless Dp
359/400 Dynojet 95 octane JB4 map2 catless DP
when..and where...!?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2015, 11:38 PM   #44
PeterPure
Major
Belgium
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexc93
Quote:

To flash back to stock you'd have to send in to enzo again im pretty sure.

Yes FBO is full bolt on (downpipe, intake, front mount intercooler fmic, charge pipe) and sometimes people consider exhaust part of it too but catbacks show minimal gains on our cars.
As do intakes
Appreciate 0