THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Another EB 235 accident (cursed)

07-05-2016, 01:34 PM   #23
jaykoolzboy
Private
Rep
Drives: 2003 996 GT2

Yikes, EB II is just too attractive on road.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 01:39 PM   #24
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

this is why i got the car dvr dash cam.

Good luck on the rebuilds.
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 09:46 AM   #25
redontheline
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EB 235 MT

Paranoid question. I finally was able to drop the car off Monday. The wing mirror has two areas on the black strip below the silver cap where the plastic was shaved off by the van folding it. Both the estimate sheet and the shop are saying it's a repair, not replace, item and that it's painted.

1. How can paint fix the 3D contour of an area that is flattened and deformed?
2. I could swear this is gloss black plastic, not gloss black paint on black plastic.

Anyone have any experience with damage to the mirrors?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 10:49 AM   #26
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Weight reduction.... Jk that's really rough. Glad you weren't hurt. I'm a little scared now though, as I have EB too!

Someone just backed into me the other day and damaged the front bumper slightly. No note of course.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 08:40 AM   #27
redontheline
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Latest update..

Holman Collision couldn't give me an appointment for almost a month. Work estimate is 8 days. Dropped it 7/18 and they are now telling me they hope to be done by August 12th because "they are pretty busy". I'm thinking about trying this model of scheduling with my boss..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 10:55 AM   #28
Le frog
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i

Well, if it' any consolation, my car has been at the shop since June 18, and counting...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 01:03 PM   #29
redontheline
Second Lieutenant
Rep

9 weeks later and still getting BS delays from Holman Collision Maple Shade (a resounding NEVER GO THERE review) for an estimated 8 days of labor.

Yesterday they told me the car was done but threw a headlamp dash light. BMW said it just needed a reset and pickup was this morning. This morning they said pickup this evening. At lunch they called to say it's a parts issue and they need to order a headlight module which is expected for "Monday". I should have asked Monday of which month, I guess. He had no further details and BMW service hasn't gotten back to me.

Is this likely the adaptive controller? Thoughts on if they just forgot to order it or if it was faulty from the factory?
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2016, 02:09 PM   #30
bimmerfile
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X2 F39

Quote:
Originally Posted by redontheline View Post
9 weeks later and still getting BS delays from Holman Collision Maple Shade (a resounding NEVER GO THERE review) for an estimated 8 days of labor.

Yesterday they told me the car was done but threw a headlamp dash light. BMW said it just needed a reset and pickup was this morning. This morning they said pickup this evening. At lunch they called to say it's a parts issue and they need to order a headlight module which is expected for "Monday". I should have asked Monday of which month, I guess. He had no further details and BMW service hasn't gotten back to me.

Is this likely the adaptive controller? Thoughts on if they just forgot to order it or if it was faulty from the factory?
Maybe they've been reading your online posts here and are now just f**king with you..
      08-19-2016, 02:12 PM   #31
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

People are shitty.

My girl took my car to pick up Chipotle for my birthday. Got a call from her not 2 minutes later saying someone hit it. She hadn't even left the parking lot.

As my girlfriend drove through the lot, someone backed out of their spot and hit the side of my car. From the positions of the cars, you could also see that my gf tried to swerve. So this other girl backed out pretty fast.

When I got there (walked up to the scene), this ... BITCH... was very rude and was just like "so what do you wanna do just write down your number or something? I have somewhere to be?". I laughed and said no, I will be calling the police. Cops came and basically said it was extremely obvious that it was the other girls fault.

A few minutes later, once all was said and done, gf started to cry... Then proceeded to tell me that the OTHER girl had immediately gotten out and screamed at her, saying why the fuck were you speeding, how could you not see me, this is your fault, I have to leave so just take my info and I'm leaving. Since she's a smaller girl, this (larger) girl just thought she could bully her. I'm serious when I say that my gf was, at the time, scarred and didn't want to drive for a while because of that whole experience. I mean I can't even imagine... Driving your boyfriends car to get him his favorite food on his birthday and you have to call him and tell him that someone crashed into his car right after being screamed at by some bitch about it being your fault... To this day there is no one who I hate more than that girl.

Moral of the story ... Someone hits your BMW, they will lie about it if they can, and probably justify it to themselves by saying you can afford to pay for it. Solution: dash cam, rear and side view cams, always recording.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 08:51 AM   #32
mocohead
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i 6MT & 12 128i Msport

To the OP and others - I am sorry for your incidents!!!

Add me to the EB II curst list...

About a month ago my 16 year old son was driving my EB M235i on a narrow, hilly, twisty residential street in LA. He was a complete stop behind a mail truck because it was unsafe to go around. As he was sitting and waiting, a beat-up old pickup truck was going the other direction, way too fast. The other driver came into the blind curve, locked up the brakes, and slid into the drivers side rear of my car. My son was unhurt (thank goodness). The other driver had no license or insurance. LAPD refused to take a report or respond to the accident because, in their words, there was no crime to report...um...I am fairly positive it both things are crimes in CA (driving without a license and driving without insurance). The worst part about all this is I was on a flight from DC to LA and so I couldn't be there to help my son deal with all this.

My car was at the body shop for about 3 weeks. I want to take this opportunity to give major kudos to NAS Collision Center in LA. They did an absolutely incredible job on my car and it looks perfect. I just got it back yesterday. The total repair bill was close to $5,000 and my insurance covered it.

Now why was my 16 year old driving my M235i????

Well his car was also in the body shop (also NAS Collision Center). His 2012 e82 128i (black/black, M Sport, 6-speed) had been parked in front of our house overnight. A truck delivering rebar to a neighboring construction site side swiped his car. The truck driver didn't leave a note or try to find the owner of the car. Thank goodness for security cameras! The trucking company paid for that repair which was $4,500.

To the OP and other victims of the curse I am glad you all are mostly uninjured and hope your repairs go smoothly.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 05:20 PM   #33
redontheline
Second Lieutenant
Rep

She's back in the garage!! 61 days, about 150 phone calls and emails, endless car meets and cruise opportunities missed - but she's finally ready to roll later on tonight when I finish up work.

So far:
+Paint match looks great so far
++++++I can drive it again

-Hood paint damage fix looks horrible. Luckily it's tucked away but I'm worried it's not sealed.
-Door paint finish on the back edge is really bad and is sharp or rough in many areas. I'm not sure if I will follow up but it is in a bad spot and noticeable if you ever were to use that area to push the door to.
-Their ability to "paint" the side mirror didn't replace the missing plastic material as expected (see my post #25 above). He got out polish and it still didn't reshape the plastic. I told him I want it replaced with a new part.
-They screwed up the steel cup of my millworks front mount (either wrench or fall damage?) and lost the plastic half ball. I specifically emailed him about this and to be careful not to lose it the day I dropped off. Pretty pissed but also told him I'll be following up for replacement.

I'm a little worried for what else I will find as this was quick glance over before they closed the shop, but I think I'm going to have to just get over most of it or let the exhaust drown it all out .
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 05:44 PM   #34
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

PICS !?
      08-22-2016, 07:06 PM   #35
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep

That is complete bullshit. Have it redone until it's done correctly.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 08:05 PM   #36
Pparana
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfbrah View Post
People are shitty.

My girl took my car to pick up Chipotle for my birthday. Got a call from her not 2 minutes later saying someone hit it. She hadn't even left the parking lot.

As my girlfriend drove through the lot, someone backed out of their spot and hit the side of my car. From the positions of the cars, you could also see that my gf tried to swerve. So this other girl backed out pretty fast.

When I got there (walked up to the scene), this ... BITCH... was very rude and was just like "so what do you wanna do just write down your number or something? I have somewhere to be?". I laughed and said no, I will be calling the police. Cops came and basically said it was extremely obvious that it was the other girls fault.

A few minutes later, once all was said and done, gf started to cry... Then proceeded to tell me that the OTHER girl had immediately gotten out and screamed at her, saying why the fuck were you speeding, how could you not see me, this is your fault, I have to leave so just take my info and I'm leaving. Since she's a smaller girl, this (larger) girl just thought she could bully her. I'm serious when I say that my gf was, at the time, scarred and didn't want to drive for a while because of that whole experience. I mean I can't even imagine... Driving your boyfriends car to get him his favorite food on his birthday and you have to call him and tell him that someone crashed into his car right after being screamed at by some bitch about it being your fault... To this day there is no one who I hate more than that girl.

Moral of the story ... Someone hits your BMW, they will lie about it if they can, and probably justify it to themselves by saying you can afford to pay for it. Solution: dash cam, rear and side view cams, always recording.

parking lots are usually no fault zones, which also sucks.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 08:31 PM   #37
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
parking lots are usually no fault zones, which also sucks.
Usually, but this one was really obvious. And once again, I think a good quality set of dash cams (yes I said set, you need to see in all directions) will go a long way. Parking lots are home to a lot of "no fault" accidents simply because it's a pain in the ass to determine fault in such a tight place with slow moving traffic and complicated traffic laws that that aren't the same as the open road.

When one guy says he was slowing down and the other guy says the same thing, and the cars hit at an angle, you don't know who's lying. But when your dash cam shows you clearly slowed down because you saw the other guy coming, and he just was texting and banged into the side of your car, now you can claim it's the other guy's fault.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 09:15 PM   #38
Pparana
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Usually, but this one was really obvious. And once again, I think a good quality set of dash cams (yes I said set, you need to see in all directions) will go a long way. Parking lots are home to a lot of "no fault" accidents simply because it's a pain in the ass to determine fault in such a tight place with slow moving traffic and complicated traffic laws that that aren't the same as the open road.

When one guy says he was slowing down and the other guy says the same thing, and the cars hit at an angle, you don't know who's lying. But when your dash cam shows you clearly slowed down because you saw the other guy coming, and he just was texting and banged into the side of your car, now you can claim it's the other guy's fault.
depends on the state, in FL its no fault by statute. I could ram your car and you would have pay half. All states are different.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 09:55 PM   #39
redontheline
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Pics coming in:

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 09:55 PM   #40
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pparana View Post
depends on the state, in FL its no fault by statute. I could ram your car and you would have pay half. All states are different.
Now that's a pile of steaming bull shit if I've ever smelled one. What a stupid law.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 10:00 PM   #41
redontheline
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
That is complete bullshit. Have it redone until it's done correctly.
Easier said than done. You assume they have any intention of rushing a no-charge redo?

It also seems like the headlight is aimed into the sky. Maybe I will go with my plan of ordering an M2 and selling this when it's at the dealership . Things are losing their luster.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 10:05 PM   #42
Pparana
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by redontheline View Post
Easier said than done. You assume they have any intention of rushing a no-charge redo?

It also seems like the headlight is aimed into the sky. Maybe I will go with my plan of ordering an M2 and selling this when it's at the dealership . Things are losing their luster.
Agreed, these things are one and done in my book. It will never be right.
Appreciate 0