THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum if you had a choice between these two cars

08-20-2016, 11:06 AM   #45
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMorgan View Post
If leasing obviously the '16. If buying definitely the '17 for better resale/trade in.

Of the list of options I will never need: driver's assistance. The car should keep you awake and alert and hopefully entertain you enough that you put away your phone and distractions.

The navi is useless IMHO. But it might affect resale so if it's cheap I'd rather have it. It does come in handy in a pinch. I never touch my phone if I'm moving so for quick gas station or food the navi is the way to go.

Uhm..... The driver's assistance package is the parking sensors which warn you if you're going to bump the front of your car into something or back into another car, and a rear view camera.

You must be thinking of driver's assistance plus - plus gives you dashboard speed limit info, automatic high beams, and yes, that stupid "let me help you drive" shit. However, you can turn those features off.

To me, auto high beams, speed limit info, parking sensors/cameras don't detract from the driving experience and have nothing to do with highway cruising while distracted.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 11:08 AM   #46
123Britt
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 M235i AT

Length of Ownership

If you plan to keep the car for a long period -- 2016

Less than 4 yrs 2017

But I am thinking that the 2016 can be had for less. Play one against eachother and then walk away from the deal and let the dealer call you in about 2 weeks after the 2016 is still sitting on the lot.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 11:10 AM   #47
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Britt View Post
If you plan to keep the car for a long period -- 2016

Less than 4 yrs 2017

But I am thinking that the 2016 can be had for less. Play one against eachother and then walk away from the deal and let the dealer call you in about 2 weeks after the 2016 is still sitting on the lot.
I did walk away from a 2016 deal and never got a call back - the 2016 M235is are still going very quickly. Another dealer I visited had one come in and it sold the same day.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 11:12 AM   #48
DF
Major
Rep
Drives: F23

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRMorgan View Post
If leasing obviously the '16. If buying definitely the '17 for better resale/trade in.

Of the list of options I will never need: driver's assistance. The car should keep you awake and alert and hopefully entertain you enough that you put away your phone and distractions.

The navi is useless IMHO. But it might affect resale so if it's cheap I'd rather have it. It does come in handy in a pinch. I never touch my phone if I'm moving so for quick gas station or food the navi is the way to go.
I'm not sure how the driver assistance packages have anything to do with staying awake
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 11:13 AM   #49
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF View Post
I'm not sure how the driver assistance packages have anything to do with staying awake
It doesn't, guy was thinking of MB driver's assistance which tries to track how "alert" you are, vibrates the steering wheel to keep you awake, etc
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 11:17 AM   #50
DF
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfbrah View Post
It doesn't, guy was thinking of MB driver's assistance which tries to track how "alert" you are, vibrates the steering wheel to keep you awake, etc
I have both packages. I find them helpful. The self parking is more a novelty than anything else. I rarely use it. But it's fun sometimes
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 02:03 PM   #51
wtfbrah
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DF View Post
I have both packages. I find them helpful. The self parking is more a novelty than anything else. I rarely use it. But it's fun sometimes
The self parking looked like a pain in the ass in the youtube video I watched. Almost looked like more work than parking the car yourself.

But that was a couple years ago so maybe it's better now?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2016, 02:04 PM   #52
DF
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfbrah View Post
The self parking looked like a pain in the ass in the youtube video I watched. Almost looked like more work than parking the car yourself.

But that was a couple years ago so maybe it's better now?
It works well. It actually parks better than I do ans ensures no wheel rash
Appreciate 0