THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum BMW Assist

08-30-2014, 09:38 AM   #23
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty View Post
I installed the app (us version) and it does not include remote ventilation......as pikcachu stated
android or iphone ?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 10:38 AM   #24
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

iphone
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 11:11 AM   #25
bladeomatic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeomatic View Post
Successfully used my "remote horn" feature to locate my 235i in an enormous parking lot this weekend. Much to the jealous look of my wife…

Have done same with same look from my wife.

Now she want's an X1 to replace her Lexus.

:-(
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2014, 12:37 PM   #26
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehagerty
iphone
Ya it's disabled on the iPhone currently. Only android had ventilation now
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 06:00 AM   #27
horsepower_and_hounds
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hmmmm....I wonder why
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 08:06 AM   #28
disco4me
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

How long does the horn go for once activated? Is there a way to turn the ventilation off from android once activated...without starting the car? Just an observation...seems like the lights should flash faster.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2014, 11:03 AM   #29
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco4me
How long does the horn go for once activated? Is there a way to turn the ventilation off from android once activated...without starting the car? Just an observation...seems like the lights should flash faster.
I think it's a single horn. It will not keep going
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 07:31 PM   #30
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu
Quote:
Originally Posted by disco4me
I think it's a single horn. It will not keep going
It's a double beep. Tried it for the first time yesterday. I can't unlock doors seems like they stopped that feature also. I also just tried to locate my car that's about 14 miles away in my garage right now and it gave a message that it's more than 0.6 miles and cannot use locate feature. That sucks I was under the impression you could see what the car was always. Hmm they took so many fun features away from the app that I don't actually like it anymore after finally getting to use it. My old Z4 coupe (previous car) was a 2006 and was too old to use BMW assist. Now with my new car it's very underwhelming.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 07:36 PM   #31
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennu View Post
It's a double beep. Tried it for the first time yesterday. I can't unlock doors seems like they stopped that feature also. I also just tried to locate my car that's about 14 miles away in my garage right now and it gave a message that it's more than 0.6 miles and cannot use locate feature. That sucks I was under the impression you could see what the car was always. Hmm they took so many fun features away from the app that I don't actually like it anymore after finally getting to use it. My old Z4 coupe (previous car) was a 2006 and was too old to use BMW assist. Now with my new car it's very underwhelming.
With my iPhone app, I can lock the doors, beep the horn, flash the headlights plus see where my car in located on a map. It seems accurate.

As to unlocking the doors, the app will point you to a live person at BMW Assist. Their job is to determine that you are the real owner before they push a button and unlock your doors.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2014, 07:38 PM   #32
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennu View Post
With my iPhone app, I can lock the doors, beep the horn, flash the headlights plus see where my car in located on a map. It seems accurate.

As to unlocking the doors, the app will point you to a live person at
BMW Assist. Their job is to determine that you are the real owner before they push a button and unlock your doors.
Try finding your car with the app when it's more than a mile away. It won't work

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0