THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Full BMW M235i Racing Specs and Images

12-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #111
Stratus650
Lieutenant
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 1er M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlevrone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratus650 View Post
Okay, i guess this car was designed in the weekend. Why? the wider fenders are fixed on top of the existing panels, probably with double sided tape
No they are not, because the wider fenders are there to ensure increased track width while maintaining suspension travel. And with the stock fenders in place, you can't have the required suspension travel for the wider track. The oridinal rear fenders are probably bluntly cut out as needed.
Definately the original fenders were modified/cut to accompany wider track/travel. Im saying they went wider without redesigning a new panel, just added wider fenders to existing panels, just like the Renault Clio V6

'12 Candy Grey Metallic 1M
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #112
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

any pics of interior? Curious as to what seats are in it!
      12-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #113
Chuckbilodeau
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Black 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
any pics of interior? Curious as to what seats are in it!
Recaro Race seats, its a race car.

I wonder why people keep linking this to street stuff. No you cant use these seats in your street car. Who cares about the color, its a race car thats going to be covered with sponsors anyway, no you cant use it in the street, Its a race car with no interior. No you cant retrofit the brake on your street car, they're made for racing purpose. The fender flares have a purpose, wider track for better handling and to accomodate wider tires, its useless on your street car you're not going to turn any faster at the street light. No the M2 fenders will no look like that.

Think M3 GT4, think GT3 cup car, think Mercedes SLS GT3; but at a discount. But please quit dreaming about what this means for the next street car or WTV. BMW sees Porsche is doing well with their custommer racing programme and how is positively affects car sales and image. BMW is hoping to do something similar. They started slowly with the E46 motosport shell, then the E90 320 touring car, the Z4 GT3, the M3 GT4. I think this is going to be their best move yet for a true custommer racing programme.

the ordering guide is online btw.

they will even hace a series, a little like the Porsche GT3 CUP or the Ferrari Challenge.

http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/en/cars/bmw-m235ir.html
Appreciate 1
      12-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #114
RSXDC5
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratus650 View Post
Definately the original fenders were modified/cut to accompany wider track/travel. Im saying they went wider without redesigning a new panel, just added wider fenders to existing panels, just like the Renault Clio V6
You hit the nail on the head my friend.
      12-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #115
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Finally, the same power output of the S54. I wonder what teams would rather go racing with, though.
      12-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #116
OzJustin
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i AT Monaco Blue

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [8.66]
Digging the styling on this race car. If they even adopt half of the pumped up panels on the 2015 M2 then it should look fantastic.

The only thing I'm not sure about are the rear lights. They look a little tacky and like the old Nissan G37 skylines.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2013, 09:10 AM   #117
Chuckbilodeau
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Finally, the same power output of the S54. I wonder what teams would rather go racing with, though.
Definitely the S54.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 02:28 AM   #118
M.barnes
Captain
Rep
Drives: 123d

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanceman View Post
This is not a ZF, people need to stop saying that. An torque convertor automatic CANNOT handle the heat generated of a racing environment (drag racing not withstanding).

It is a DCT, I bet $100000000000
I'll take that bet too but as bmw Germany have already told me it's an 8sd zf it would be unfair.
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #119
RSXDC5
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.barnes View Post
I'll take that bet too but as bmw Germany have already told me it's an 8sd zf it would be unfair.
lololol
      12-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #120
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckbilodeau View Post

I wonder why people keep linking this to street stuff. No you cant use these seats in your street car. Who cares about the color, its a race car thats going to be covered with sponsors anyway, no you cant use it in the street, Its a race car with no interior. No you cant retrofit the brake on your street car, they're made for racing purpose. The fender flares have a purpose, wider track for better handling and to accomodate wider tires, its useless on your street car you're not going to turn any faster at the street light. No the M2 fenders will no look like that.

Think M3 GT4, think GT3 cup car, think Mercedes SLS GT3; but at a discount. But please quit dreaming about what this means for the next street car or WTV. BMW sees Porsche is doing well with their custommer racing programme and how is positively affects car sales and image. BMW is hoping to do something similar. They started slowly with the E46 motosport shell, then the E90 320 touring car, the Z4 GT3, the M3 GT4. I think this is going to be their best move yet for a true custommer racing programme.

they will even hace a series, a little like the Porsche GT3 CUP or the Ferrari Challenge.

It does seem like BMW is creating a clubsport atmosphere, & using both the Racing and M235i as a lead-in to BMW new Halo car, the //M2. To have an all-encompassing sports program.

I do believe the M2 will be a more track focused beast, than it's older brother, the M4. I think it will come with many cf bits, & be too light for the M4, to take top honors.

That is why it is being kept secret. But no matter what 2-series you own in the future, there will be a path for you to tweak & modify... all under BMW's watchful eye.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2013, 06:20 PM   #121
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Definitely the S54.
It was rhetorical. That's why I don't really get the point of a tuned N55. Who will trust it for back to back track days? What if something goes wrong?
      01-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #122
Chuckbilodeau
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It was rhetorical. That's why I don't really get the point of a tuned N55. Who will trust it for back to back track days? What if something goes wrong?
sorry, you did not have the '' ''

Personally I dont fear reliability issues as much as throttle response, drivability, part-throttle modulation, ease of tune, etc.

time will tell, I guess we need to adapt.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 02:46 PM   #123
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
sorry, you did not have the '' ''

Personally I dont fear reliability issues as much as throttle response, drivability, part-throttle modulation, ease of tune, etc.

time will tell, I guess we need to adapt.
I guess so. I'll start thinking about it when I can do 10 continuous laps without going into limp mode :P Oh, and don't forget simplicity on that list.. much easier to quickly fix an NA engine, especially an S54.
      01-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #124
Chuckbilodeau
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I guess so. I'll start thinking about it when I can do 10 continuous laps without going into limp mode :P Oh, and don't forget simplicity on that list.. much easier to quickly fix an NA engine, especially an S54.
Agreed!
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 12:06 AM   #125
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsport_cat View Post
How will there be an M2 if this has 330hp, and the M3/4 have 430? I don't see the point of an M2, if it'll have ~380hp. More than that, and it may be faster than the M3/4.
Depending on the track the E9X M3 is faster than an E6X M5/6 at the ring so why cant an F2X M2 beat the F8X M3 on a track? Straight line acceleration is a different story.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 12:17 AM   #126
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:

I'd have to disagree with some of what you said. The E30 M3 had a wide body kit on it from factory and it is arguably the most iconic M3 to date. Many cars are coming out with more sportier seats because club racing on the track is at an all time high. Plus if they are talking about an M2 this is a true M model not a regular 2 series with an M badge on it. The target audience is very different. Of course the roll cage and with the adverts all over the car will never reach showroom floor, but they have and still do sell BMW Motorsport seats separately as an accessory right now and none of this helps turning faster at the light as you mentioned.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 01:16 AM   #127
Meeni
Gateropode
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i 06

This car is almost spec for the new WTCC rules. Mmm.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 03:38 PM   #128
BMWEpic
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Oh wow!! I love it, looks so sharp. Once I get my hands on a 235i I am putting it up everywhere; garagesocial.com, pinterest, twitter, tumblr.. It's such a gorgeous looking car

Last edited by BMWEpic; 01-22-2014 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 03:26 PM   #129
ir_fuel
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanceman View Post
Find me a torque convertor equipped non-drag race factory race car.

Oh, and if you think that the 8ZF was engineered for track use think again. What's more, if this is some prelude to the M2 the fitting of the DCT to the F22 would be amortized over that volume and make sense to trial here.

Shame really, I want a 6MT.

Look what just competed in the most demanding 24h endurance race in the world:

Appreciate 0