THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery 5 Month Pull Ahead

01-28-2017, 12:05 AM   #1
bubsterino
Banned
Rep
Drives: none

5 Month Pull Ahead

Hi guys -

2014 228i lease ends in June. Typically ignore most of the mail and emails I get from my dealer, but this looks enticing (see attached photo):

*5 month pull ahead
*$1,500 credit
*$350 disposition fee waived

I want an M240 6 speed so will likely be ordered (as was my current). This appears to be a deal worth locking in but curious if I'm missing something or should wait for enhanced deals closer to my return date.

Thanks team!

Billy
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 03:04 AM   #2
bubsterino
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubsterino View Post
Hi guys -

2014 228i lease ends in June. Typically ignore most of the mail and emails I get from my dealer, but this looks enticing (see attached photo):

*5 month pull ahead
*$1,500 credit
*$350 disposition fee waived

I want an M240 6 speed so will likely be ordered (as was my current). This appears to be a deal worth locking in but curious if I'm missing something or should wait for enhanced deals closer to my return date.

Thanks team!

Billy
curious if anybody else is seeing pull ahead offers on their 228's from 2014?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 06:41 AM   #3
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Just an FYI the disposition fee as a "carrot" is bullshit in your case. Any time you get another BMW the fee is always waived.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 10:05 AM   #4
bubsterino
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Just an FYI the disposition fee as a "carrot" is bullshit in your case. Any time you get another BMW the fee is always waived.
thanks for letting me know. it smelled like a non-deal deal...
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2017, 10:54 AM   #5
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Couple of things to consider here. If you are going to be over your miles on your 228 would make sense to get rid of it now. They do not prorate miles, so say you have 12K per year and did a 3 year lease, if you exit early you still get to use all 36K. Yes getting out today would be 5 months but that's assuming they have a car on the lot you could be happy with - if you have to order you're really only going to be getting out 2 months early. Even if you could get a new car now, how much more is the 240 going to be compared to your 228? If it's really just a math game and you're happy with the 228 til summer that's additional savings.

Finally if you don't really care about the face lift and would be happy with a 2017 240, if you could stretch til fall you'll get your best deal then. I got a 2016 M235 vert in Sept and got 15% off and a 65% residual on a 33 month lease for example.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 02:16 AM   #6
bubsterino
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Couple of things to consider here. If you are going to be over your miles on your 228 would make sense to get rid of it now. They do not prorate miles, so say you have 12K per year and did a 3 year lease, if you exit early you still get to use all 36K. Yes getting out today would be 5 months but that's assuming they have a car on the lot you could be happy with - if you have to order you're really only going to be getting out 2 months early. Even if you could get a new car now, how much more is the 240 going to be compared to your 228? If it's really just a math game and you're happy with the 228 til summer that's additional savings.

Finally if you don't really care about the face lift and would be happy with a 2017 240, if you could stretch til fall you'll get your best deal then. I got a 2016 M235 vert in Sept and got 15% off and a 65% residual on a 33 month lease for example.
very helpful. i love my car but am excited about the 240. don't care about the facelift at all so a '17 240 would be perfect. definitely have to order since i want a manual again.

FWIW, I'm going to be under on my miles (currently at 22K on a 30K limit) - does that impact your guidance at all?!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 08:25 AM   #7
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
FWIW, I'm going to be under on my miles (currently at 22K on a 30K limit) - does that impact your guidance at all?!
It would if you were way under or your residual was crap, but yours is probably close to 60% right? Said another way, if your buyout was like $25K and the car was worth $30K due to low mileage, you could buy it out and sell it. That's probably not the case though.

One thing to keep in mind doing this and getting another BMW if it ever comes up in the future, easiest thing for you to do is find a buyer, sell the car privately but then use the dealer you are getting your new car from to facilitate the transaction. You still get the termination fee waived, pay them like $100 to inspect the car, then they buy from BMW and sell to your buyer. Saves you a lot of paperwork, paying taxes, etc. Just a LOT easier and you accomplish the same thing in the end and save some money on tax in the process.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 10:29 PM   #8
bubsterino
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It would if you were way under or your residual was crap, but yours is probably close to 60% right? Said another way, if your buyout was like $25K and the car was worth $30K due to low mileage, you could buy it out and sell it. That's probably not the case though.

One thing to keep in mind doing this and getting another BMW if it ever comes up in the future, easiest thing for you to do is find a buyer, sell the car privately but then use the dealer you are getting your new car from to facilitate the transaction. You still get the termination fee waived, pay them like $100 to inspect the car, then they buy from BMW and sell to your buyer. Saves you a lot of paperwork, paying taxes, etc. Just a LOT easier and you accomplish the same thing in the end and save some money on tax in the process.
huge help. thank you so much.
Appreciate 0