THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum First BMW...

06-27-2016, 12:34 PM   #23
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbd23 View Post
Sport stick, which of those 2 tires is better on packed snow? If you had to choose one.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=201
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 12:56 PM   #24
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Yes....the key paragraph here:

Our official test of the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 confirms what we found during our introductory drive last season: this tire doesn't sacrifice any winter performance versus its predecessor and is still a leader among the few Ultra High Performance All-Season tires that can deliver reasonable snow traction. The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season followed at a level that was a noticeable step behind. The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 is able to start and stop in the snow with adequate capability, but struggles somewhat during cornering/handling. Trailing the others by a noticeable margin was the Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus, requiring just over 30' longer to stop our test car from just 25mph than the ExtremeContact DWS.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 01:06 PM   #25
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Yes....the key paragraph here:

Our official test of the Continental ExtremeContact DWS 06 confirms what we found during our introductory drive last season: this tire doesn't sacrifice any winter performance versus its predecessor and is still a leader among the few Ultra High Performance All-Season tires that can deliver reasonable snow traction. The Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season followed at a level that was a noticeable step behind. The Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 is able to start and stop in the snow with adequate capability, but struggles somewhat during cornering/handling. Trailing the others by a noticeable margin was the Pirelli P Zero All Season Plus, requiring just over 30' longer to stop our test car from just 25mph than the ExtremeContact DWS.
What I really want to see from tirerack or someone else is a comparison of best AS tires to summers and winters. (in dry, wet, and snow)
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2016, 12:13 AM   #26
ortoLANparty
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i, Audi Coupe GT

Garage List
2016 BMW 228i  [0.00]
I have so much research to do on tires while I wait for my car to arrive. It was picked up at the dealer in CA today, ETA 7/5. (How fortunate that my work from home day is Tuesday!) expect more pics of my boring 4cyl then. :-)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #27
ortoLANparty
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Yay! Picked up my car at Walmart today. More pics to follow... I'm working from home today, but I'm finding it difficult to keep ass in chair and hands on keyboard. I want to go outside and play with the car!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 12:22 AM   #28
ortoLANparty
Private
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Update after a couple days of commuting and one fun drive: I love this car! It feels so solid, yet speedy and responsive. That said, paint protection film is an immediate need. Heard gravel hit the car a couple of times today and cringed; gave it a wash when I got home and found about 8 tiny chips -- only visible from up close, but still... Sheesh! After one spirited rural drive...

And wow, brake dust! I suspect wheel cleanings will become a weekly ritual. :-) Sonax stocked.
Appreciate 0