THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Need Help Locating Gps Positioning

05-23-2017, 05:38 PM   #1
msingh637
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 JCW / 2018 M3

Need Help Locating Gps Positioning

I just picked up my2017 M240I after 4 months wait. I downloaded the BMW Connected app for Android, it works great but it says GPS positioning disabled in the vehicle.
I have looked at all the settings in the car but cannot find anywhere to turn it on.
Does anyone know how to turn it on. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2017, 09:32 PM   #2
JChristie
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

For my 2016 model, you simply enabled it under the iDrive settings. Not sure if there's been a change for 2017 models, but check at the very bottom of the settings menu. It should be something obvious like "GPS Tracking".

Also, how recently did you take possession of your vehicle? The option might not even appear until your ConnectedDrive services are fully activated. It usually takes a few days for everything to be sent off from the dealership and activated at BMW HQ.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 06:51 AM   #3
msingh637
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChristie View Post
For my 2016 model, you simply enabled it under the iDrive settings. Not sure if there's been a change for 2017 models, but check at the very bottom of the settings menu. It should be something obvious like "GPS Tracking".

Also, how recently did you take possession of your vehicle? The option might not even appear until your ConnectedDrive services are fully activated. It usually takes a few days for everything to be sent off from the dealership and activated at BMW HQ.
I took delivery on the 19th of this month.I will call my dealer and find out. Thanks for the response.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 10:05 AM   #4
mdputnam
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i & M235i Convertibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by msingh637 View Post
I took delivery on the 19th of this month.I will call my dealer and find out. Thanks for the response.
I would suggest you make an appointment directly with the dealerships BMW Genius not make a service appointment. The BMW Genius will sit in the car with you as you explain the problem show you how it is supposed to work. And if necessary, upgrade the software all within about 10 minutes. Going through the service adviser just adds an extra step.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2017, 01:54 PM   #5
msingh637
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdputnam View Post
I would suggest you make an appointment directly with the dealerships BMW Genius not make a service appointment. The BMW Genius will sit in the car with you as you explain the problem show you how it is supposed to work. And if necessary, upgrade the software all within about 10 minutes. Going through the service adviser just adds an extra step.
Cool. I just called the dealership and they got me in touch with the BMW Genius. I will keep you posted how it works out.
Thanks
Appreciate 0