THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Connected App RTTI

05-19-2017, 03:27 PM   #1
omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 218i Coupe

Garage List
Connected App RTTI

Hey guys,

So I've been wondering for couple of days now, with the new Connected App BMW enabled us to get notifications on when to leave for a appointment or send preformatted text messages about estimated arrival times. After using the app for couple of months, time to leave function to be precise, I noticed that the time it calculates is not enough, it usually gives me the leave notification as I'm pulling to my destination so I don't count on it and use Google Maps App for my trips. I think it might be calculating the time on route excluding the traffic delay. Do any of you have an idea if I need an active RTTI subscription to get precise times that also take traffic into account?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2017, 01:45 AM   #2
eleniki
Alderran`s lost princess
Rep
Drives: A bit old BMW

Hi, omera60, it should have calculated your route precisely. Though one of my friends from the UK actually subscribed to have the real time traffic info and is pretty happy with what he gets.
      05-22-2017, 02:55 AM   #3
omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep
Drives: 218i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eleniki View Post
Hi, omera60, it should have calculated your route precisely. Though one of my friends from the UK actually subscribed to have the real time traffic info and is pretty happy with what he gets.
Hi Eleniki,

Thank you for the information, then I should just make a report from the app. I'm thinking about getting the RTTI however I'm not sure on the coverage here, I might use my 1 month trial offer...

Best,
Omer
Appreciate 0