THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum What did you do to your 2 series today?

06-30-2017, 12:43 PM   #925
Hasser
Major
Isle of Man
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasser View Post
just installed the m performance steering wheel and a alcantara dash cover.

that's a full m performance interior now.
Awesome how do you like steering wheel
steering wheel is much better than the leather. not as shiny or slippy in the hands.

I had wanted the M2 version with the blue stripe and the V instead of the full flat carbon below the airbag, but the M performance writing is the new style and wouldn't match the trim or gear shift m performance writing.

I had fitted the M5 version to my 5 series I had. so knew how to swap. I'll put a DIY thread up soon on the wheel swap.

interior looks so much better than stock now.
Attached Images

M235i - sold
Activehybrid 5 - sold
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2017, 01:55 PM   #926
Guitarman15
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235 Xdrive

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitarman15
Quote:
just installed the m performance steering wheel and a alcantara dash cover.

that's a full m performance interior now.
Awesome how do you like steering wheel
steering wheel is much better than the leather. not as shiny or slippy in the hands.

I had wanted the M2 version with the blue stripe and the V instead of the full flat carbon below the airbag, but the M performance writing is the new style and wouldn't match the trim or gear shift m performance writing.

I had fitted the M5 version to my 5 series I had. so knew how to swap. I'll put a DIY thread up soon on the wheel swap.

interior looks so much better than stock now.
That looks awesome! I'm definitely getting the steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2017, 08:44 PM   #927
rightrudder
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240i

Got the wheel back from the dealer. VERY pleased with the result...they re-powder-coated the whole wheel and it's indistinguishable from a new one. Kudos, Irvine BMW.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2017, 05:18 PM   #928
Mosstradamus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

New wheels

Insalled VMR 710's- staggered setup

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1267
Size:  81.3 KB
Appreciate 1
mumps22.50
      07-05-2017, 05:29 PM   #929
Mosstradamus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

CF mirror caps

And installed some M-Performance CF mirror caps
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1299
Size:  77.4 KB
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 12:33 AM   #930
rightrudder
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M240i

Washed it for the first time (350-ish miles on the odometer) and installed the Burger Motorsports clutch stop. $10 extremely well spent...the car should come from the factory this way!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 05:13 PM   #931
orangeglim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Garage List
2019 M2C  [0.00]
Got carbon fiber mirror caps and a carbon fiber m-performance rear spoiler installed at the dealer. Drove home and then, upon inspection, noticed the spoiler is crooked, so, the car is back at the dealer for them to remove it and put it on again. Shame on me for not inspecting it better at the dealer before I left. *sigh* Driving a 330i m-sport as a loaner while they get this sorted.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 05:19 PM   #932
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeglim View Post
Got carbon fiber mirror caps and a carbon fiber m-performance rear spoiler installed at the dealer. Drove home and then, upon inspection, noticed the spoiler is crooked, so, the car is back at the dealer for them to remove it and put it on again. Shame on me for not inspecting it better at the dealer before I left. *sigh* Driving a 330i m-sport as a loaner while they get this sorted.
Are they giving you a new one or applying new tape to the old one? I am totally over paranoid about this sort of thing but I'd be afraid reapplied tape wouldn't stick as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 05:28 PM   #933
orangeglim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Are they giving you a new one or applying new tape to the old one? I am totally over paranoid about this sort of thing but I'd be afraid reapplied tape wouldn't stick as well.
Same one. I've got the same concern as you and sent an email to my SA stating as such. They claim they can clean/remove the original adhesive and reapply. Presumably this is true because the stock spoiler leaves all kinds of crap on the trunk lid which they have to remove to install it anyway. I assume removing the left over from the spoiler itself it similar to the lid. I'm more concerned about them scratching the spoiler up during removal and reinstallation. I'll be inspecting the hell out of it before I leave on Monday.

Side note, the mirror caps look fantastic. I really like them. They did a great job removing the originals, no broken tabs, and repackaged them in the boxes for the carbon ones nicely. Same thing for the original spoiler. So, kudos for that.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 05:55 PM   #934
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm more concerned about them scratching the spoiler up during removal and reinstallation
That being the case check it out after it's removed but before it's reinstalled if you can. No sense in scratching during removal, reinstalling, then having to do the whole mess over again.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2017, 06:11 PM   #935
orangeglim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
That being the case check it out after it's removed but before it's reinstalled if you can. No sense in scratching during removal, reinstalling, then having to do the whole mess over again.
No can do. The car is there over the weekend and they will work on it Monday morning. I won't be able to see it after they remove it and before they reinstall it.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2017, 10:22 AM   #936
TonyM235I
Registered
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235I

Updated My M235I

Purchased my M235I over here in Germany - US Spec. It's fully loaded and the previous owner only put 6K on it in a year. He added MP EXHAUST but nothing else.. been reading all these blogs about what to do - sold my 2007 GTI which was Stage 2 - I wanted more power but love the ride and feel. So vice going JB4 or something along those lines, I found a tuning shop that works BMW, Porsche and Mercedes upgrades here in Germany... added EVO II Intercooler, Wagner Charge Pipe, GFB Diverter, and Wagner Downpipe plus their custom ECU Tune.. they had the car for a week and tweaked it while I was back in States for a week. It's unreal - 420HP at wheel Dyno on 98 Octane- got all the parts back to ensure I can swap back if necessary when I ship it back to VA. But it passed inspection for emissions over here even with the mods - unreal tune! Wicked fast - 3.7 seconds 0-60 and the sound is incredible. Sounds like it has a super charger on it And the turbo spool is unreal. Just got a GoPro - will load some video clips- it's a sleeper - but in sport mode it is a incredible beast. Buddy has a AMG and he is fascinated on how I got as much torque as him in a 38k car- total cost was 2447.00 USD! Recent run on Autobahn - speedometer pegged at 160 and wanting more- didn't have enough road!! Looking at Brakes and other things now. Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2017, 10:27 AM   #937
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 23' M3 Base

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyM235I View Post
Purchased my M235I over here in Germany - US Spec. It's fully loaded and the previous owner only put 6K on it in a year. He added MP EXHAUST but nothing else.. been reading all these blogs about what to do - sold my 2007 GTI which was Stage 2 - I wanted more power but love the ride and feel. So vice going JB4 or something along those lines, I found a tuning shop that works BMW, Porsche and Mercedes upgrades here in Germany... added EVO II Intercooler, Wagner Charge Pipe, GFB Diverter, and Wagner Downpipe plus their custom ECU Tune.. they had the car for a week and tweaked it while I was back in States for a week. It's unreal - 420HP at wheel Dyno on 98 Octane- got all the parts back to ensure I can swap back if necessary when I ship it back to VA. But it passed inspection for emissions over here even with the mods - unreal tune! Wicked fast - 3.7 seconds 0-60 and the sound is incredible. Sounds like it has a super charger on it And the turbo spool is unreal. Just got a GoPro - will load some video clips- it's a sleeper - but in sport mode it is a incredible beast. Buddy has a AMG and he is fascinated on how I got as much torque as him in a 38k car- total cost was 2447.00 USD! Recent run on Autobahn - speedometer pegged at 160 and wanting more- didn't have enough road!! Looking at Brakes and other things now. Cheers
Sounds spectacular. Can't wait to see some video of the beast

Previous Cars: 2008' 135i, 2010' 328i, 2013' 328i, 2016' M235i, 2017' X1, 2019' M240i
Current Cars: 2019' X3, 2021' M3 Comp
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2017, 03:18 PM   #938
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

picked this up. couldnt be more hyped, so far it is superior to the 228i in every way.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 04:24 PM   #939
ExZHP
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 228i MSport

Got PedalBox installed and done some coding: audio shut off on door open, iTunes disclaimer delete, lowered the low gas indicator and deleted no seat belt chimes.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 06:35 PM   #940
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Installed the KCDesign strut tower brace, or more accurately, the dealer did it during an oil service. I already have the M2 LCA upgrade, and (realizing I am far into the subjective weeds here), the car does feel another notch "tighter" (not in the understeering sense at all, of course!)...it's almost go-kartish but smoother and more refined in the transition off-center. The front feels very solid. I can't prove and measure any of this and the placebo effect may be in effect, but I'm happy with the results! Thanks BEM S-4 for the tip!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2017, 08:22 PM   #941
orangeglim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Same one. I've got the same concern as you and sent an email to my SA stating as such. They claim they can clean/remove the original adhesive and reapply. Presumably this is true because the stock spoiler leaves all kinds of crap on the trunk lid which they have to remove to install it anyway. I assume removing the left over from the spoiler itself it similar to the lid. I'm more concerned about them scratching the spoiler up during removal and reinstallation. I'll be inspecting the hell out of it before I leave on Monday.

Side note, the mirror caps look fantastic. I really like them. They did a great job removing the originals, no broken tabs, and repackaged them in the boxes for the carbon ones nicely. Same thing for the original spoiler. So, kudos for that.
I got the car back today with the spoiler reinstalled. The fitment is great, and it looks awesome. Unfortunately, it's loose. The drivers side wiggles quite a bit and I can put up the back edge and see that there's very little, if any, adhesive holding it to the trunk. I can even see light shining through from the front edge. Ugh. For the price of this thing, with installation, it should be damn near perfect, and its not. So disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 08:14 AM   #942
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I got the car back today with the spoiler reinstalled. The fitment is great, and it looks awesome. Unfortunately, it's loose. The drivers side wiggles quite a bit and I can put up the back edge and see that there's very little, if any, adhesive holding it to the trunk. I can even see light shining through from the front edge. Ugh. For the price of this thing, with installation, it should be damn near perfect, and its not. So disappointing.
I had a similar experience with my MPE, took three trips to the dealer. I ended up getting it for free and paid just the labor. In your case you should at least get the labor free since it's been done wrong 2x now, probably the spoiler as well.

At this point if I were you I would insist on a new spoiler since they obviously cannot apply the tape correctly.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 08:16 AM   #943
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Installed the KCDesign strut tower brace, or more accurately, the dealer did it during an oil service. I already have the M2 LCA upgrade, and (realizing I am far into the subjective weeds here), the car does feel another notch "tighter" (not in the understeering sense at all, of course!)...it's almost go-kartish but smoother and more refined in the transition off-center. The front feels very solid. I can't prove and measure any of this and the placebo effect may be in effect, but I'm happy with the results! Thanks BEM S-4 for the tip!
Very glad you are happy with it! I am always VERY hesitant to recommend things that are so difficult to quantify and such a feel thing. As we discussed coupe / vert differences as well, glad to see that it does provide some benefit on the coupe.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 08:18 AM   #944
orangeglim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2019 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
I had a similar experience with my MPE, took three trips to the dealer. I ended up getting it for free and paid just the labor. In your case you should at least get the labor free since it's been done wrong 2x now, probably the spoiler as well.

At this point if I were you I would insist on a new spoiler since they obviously cannot apply the tape correctly.
I'm in discussion with my SA right now about them getting a new spoiler and installing that instead. I want one with the factory preinstalled adhesive on it.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 08:25 AM   #945
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm in discussion with my SA right now about them getting a new spoiler and installing that instead. I want one with the factory preinstalled adhesive on it.
I find a lot of these conversations are basically a variation of we have a problem, we tried it your way and it didn't work, now let's do what I want.

My wagon a small piece of interior trim popped off and they insisted they could fix it. I told them fine, but if it happens again we're replacing it. Guess what happened 2 days later.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2017, 08:33 AM   #946
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
My experience is that much of the problem is relying on tape. All of my aftermarket spoilers have gone on with a bead of urethane and the spoiler blue-taped down on a standstill car for a day. Never had one come loose. Imagine a complete adhesive failure on highway speeds and you're the guy in the next car back!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0