BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > M2 is 9 Months from Production. Specs Locked In?

06-18-2015, 12:37 PM   #67
M3 Number 86
Major General
Rep
Drives: black m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmm235i View Post
Agreed. The CF roof and an M car go together like peanut butter and jelly. I would never get an M car without a CF roof. I think this is a must to make it a "true" m car and to seperate it more from the 235. This is something they can easily do that will maintain the power gap, but preserve the M CF roof history. I agree that this would be a huge drop of the ball on a car that I was very much looking forward to.
OH and I'm sure the M2 will have DCT option. I don't know why everyone is expecting such a stripped down car. With the M4s selling into the 80k + range, there is plenty of room between 43 and 80k to make a great car without encroaching on the M3/4 territory. Look at the 1M, sure it was smaller and less powerful, but probably the most fun and engaging BMWs in recent memory.
NEW SCHOOL... LOL

Don't worry.. the 1M is Fantastic without the CF roof... if you want to hold out for an M2 CSL. sure.. go ahead.. . but don't miss out on an M2 completely because you got your nose out of joint all over a roof skin... or... I guess perhaps you are more the M4 type... then you can get a CF roof and you can pay 8K to color match your brake calipers!

however... if you want to know why people are expecting (and many of us, as with the 1M... are hoping for) a stripped down car is two fold.. 1- Weight is the enemy 2- OLD school. See E30 M3, E36 M3.. E46 M3... The only reason for a CF roof was because the cars got BLOATED and heavy as hell. and the looks
my e90 is not a real mcar because I chose moonroof lol.

But the transitions are like literally having a 50lb dumbbell on your roof while trying to go side to side.