THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum Help Identifying This Sound 228XI

05-09-2015, 11:30 AM   #1
AFineMan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 228 IX & 2014 i3 REX

Help Identifying This Sound 228XI

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey All

For some I know this will be hard to believe (since I've owned the car since 3/13) but I just drove using Sport + mode and heard a strange sound.

I had to pull out on a street here in NH, the speed limit is 55 and had lots of traffic. I switched the car into Sport + and booted it

The sound came when the engine was revving down to shift gears, I'm assuming it is the excess pressure of the turbo being dumped. I never heard this sound before and wanted to check with those who know, it is a cool sound though

Thanks ASM
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 11:46 AM   #2
Jasond13
Banned
Rep
Drives: Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFineMan View Post
Hey All

For some I know this will be hard to believe (since I've owned the car since 3/13) but I just drove using Sport + mode and heard a strange sound.

I had to pull out on a street here in NH, the speed limit is 55 and had lots of traffic. I switched the car into Sport + and booted it

The sound came when the engine was revving down to shift gears, I'm assuming it is the excess pressure of the turbo being dumped. I never heard this sound before and wanted to check with those who know, it is a cool sound though

Thanks ASM
Its normal, your waste gate doing it's job. Put an intake on it and you will really here it work.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 02:38 PM   #3
sakitnyatudisini
Banned
Rep
Drives: ford f150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasond13 View Post
Its normal, your waste gate doing it's job. Put an intake on it and you will really here it work.
agreed with you!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2015, 10:15 PM   #4
mfourn20
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228i M Sport

I have an overpass near my house and when I drive home I hammer on it under it. I always let off right before I get out so the pssshhhh ecos
Appreciate 0