THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery ED Pricing for ///M235i

04-19-2015, 10:55 PM   #1
3PedalMINI
Saving The Manuals!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Manual 18 M3

Garage List
ED Pricing for ///M235i

Hey guys, Just about to place an order for ED M235i 6speed,estoril blue w/CW package. debating on the LSD or not, depends on what I find about ED delivery pricing.

First off I am very good at negotiating prices with a traditional dealer delivery/lease, ED from what i can tell should be no different?

Ive spent a few hours reading on ED pricing and getting some conflicting info. I have a very good relationship with my dealer so I want to cut a deal that's fair for both of us (manly me ) Anyway! I understand there is ED discount MSRP and ED invoice. ED invoice works out to be ~14% of US MSRP, is this true?

What have you guys been seeing/getting? TIA

M235i 5/1/2015 ED July 8th @ 4:40pm with PCD Delivery September 9th Gone July 2nd 2018
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2015, 11:39 PM   #2
inktomi
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 EBII M235i

Around 13/14% off sounds right. You can see the ED pricing in the pricing guide linked in the pricing guide sticky, and then just add it up.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=991703

I was able to get a price from a dealer in LA that Los Vegas dealers wouldn't touch or even come close to matching. Shop around - it might be worth a 4 or 5 hour drive somewhere
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 04:26 AM   #3
Zooks527
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi / 2005 Tacoma 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI View Post
Hey guys, Just about to place an order for ED M235i 6speed,estoril blue w/CW package. debating on the LSD or not, depends on what I find about ED delivery pricing.
If you're planning ED, take LSD off the table. LSD is a Port Installed Option, and PIOs are not allowed on ED cars.

You still have the option of having the dealer's service department add it after the car is delivered, but it won't show up at the dealer on the transporter from the port with one.

Prior 40 years: 67 BelAir wagon / 68 LeMans Tempest / 70 Mustang Mach 1 / 72 El Dorado / 78 Corvette / 81 Subaru GL wagon 4WD / 83 s10 Blazer 4x4 / 85 Bronco 4x4 / 96 Bronco 4x4 / 04 Passat 4mo / 09 BMW 335xi
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 11:30 AM   #4
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

13.4% off was my price, which was ED invoice price. Dealer made $500 on the deal, which was basically the $500 option credit that was available at the time.
      04-20-2015, 02:25 PM   #5
alihashemi
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooks527 View Post
If you're planning ED, take LSD off the table. LSD is a Port Installed Option, and PIOs are not allowed on ED cars.

You still have the option of having the dealer's service department add it after the car is delivered, but it won't show up at the dealer on the transporter from the port with one.
This seems very strange. If this is the case, you'd think that they would allow you to get the car without the LSD in Germany, then when it is shipped here they would install it!

PS. 3 Pedal, good to see you on here, bud!
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2015, 02:40 PM   #6
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

It would be one of the crappiest euro deliveries in history if you got a car without a differential. Lol

While no one knows for sure why, port installed options are not available on ED cars. Maybe they just don't want a heavily used part swapped out at port for a brand new one.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 03:40 PM   #7
3PedalMINI
Saving The Manuals!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
13.4% off was my price, which was ED invoice price. Dealer made $500 on the deal, which was basically the $500 option credit that was available at the time.

My dealer backed out of the deal right before I was to come in and place the deposit. Very upset about it, They claim the best they will do is 2k less then US MSRP...When I said that was BS as its listed on BMWs site that the discount is 3k there was a pause and he said sorry cant. I said you are prepared to lose me and my families business that has proven loyalty to your dealer and the autogroup? he paused and said "do what you have to buddy"

Can anyone recomend a ED friendly dealer? Im willing to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alihashemi View Post
This seems very strange. If this is the case, you'd think that they would allow you to get the car without the LSD in Germany, then when it is shipped here they would install it!

PS. 3 Pedal, good to see you on here, bud!
My dealer confirmed it, Ohh well ill just buy it out of pocket. Good to see you here too. Still need to respond to your PM at RC, Stanley has been blowing it up anyway, looks like my deal is a bust... Pissed cause I cleared my afternoon to meet with them and finalize the deal
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 04:10 PM   #8
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:

Call David Aviles from Steve Thomas BMW for ED. He used to work out of Boston and should be able to get you a car on the East Coast and everything can be handled online like it was in my case.
You will not even have to negotiate. He's been doing EDs for a very long time.

I can PM you his number if you need me to. I got over 14 % off with no negotiating. I'm pulling him here BMWDavid
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 04:15 PM   #9
3PedalMINI
Saving The Manuals!
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
Call David Aviles from Steve Thomas BMW for ED.
You will not even have to negotiate. He's been doing EDs for a very long time.

I can PM you his number if you need me to. I got 14.3% off with no negotiating. I'm pulling him here BMWDavid
Thank you for the recommendation, looks like they are In CA, Im on the other side of the states!!

I wonder if we could do everything via fedex and or fax? Im also wanting todo the Performance center delivery so it wouldnt be shipped to their dealership.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 04:27 PM   #10
Gatte
Major
Rep
Drives: anything with 4 wheels.

Quote:
Thank you for the recommendation, looks like they are In CA, Im on the other side of the states!!

I wonder if we could do everything via fedex and or fax? Im also wanting todo the Performance center delivery so it wouldnt be shipped to their dealership.
I live over 100 miles from them. I did everything online. The only thing that needs actual signing is the contract which they fedexed over with the return label and walked me through what needs to be signed and what everything meant.

I did go to the dealership once but that was only because I was in the vicinity. Everything throughout the delivery process went like clockwork and I did not have to worry about anything.

Right now, my car is still at port (going through customs). Jimmy Bach who assists David sends out status updates everyday and David agreed to have the car ready for delivery within 2 hours of arrival at dealership. I believe they fully understand the excitement associated with customers buying these cars and try and do everything they can to ensure the best experience.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2015, 08:17 PM   #11
Zooks527
Captain
Rep

Quote:
My dealer backed out of the deal right before I was to come in and place the deposit. Very upset about it, They claim the best they will do is 2k less then US MSRP...When I said that was BS as its listed on BMWs site that the discount is 3k there was a pause and he said sorry cant. I said you are prepared to lose me and my families business that has proven loyalty to your dealer and the autogroup? he paused and said "do what you have to buddy"

Alex Dytko from BMW of Peabody. Great guy, experienced ED, good pricing.

They'll do all the paperwork by FedEx. You can also do ED followed by PCD at the Greenville SC plant, then drive home from there at puckup. No muss, no fuss, and a fun experience on this end as well.

Prior 40 years: 67 BelAir wagon / 68 LeMans Tempest / 70 Mustang Mach 1 / 72 El Dorado / 78 Corvette / 81 Subaru GL wagon 4WD / 83 s10 Blazer 4x4 / 85 Bronco 4x4 / 96 Bronco 4x4 / 04 Passat 4mo / 09 BMW 335xi
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 03:05 AM   #12
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

A couple of things. To be clear dealers can sell cars at or below invoice and still make money. They get hold back dollars and other incentives based on volume, of course supply vs demand economics is at work in all of these situations so that doesn't mean you can get a car at or below invoice because for this car there are allocation limitations. Also the reason that you can't get the LSD on ED is that the car never actually makes it to the port until it gets to the USA and comes off the boat, at that time inspections are done and adjustments and repairs are made and port installed accessories are then installed and the car is prepped to go on the truck or train and go off to the dealer. I wouldn't let the LSD keep me from enjoying a euro delivery, I would just negotiate for the LSD to be installed when the car makes to the USA.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 04:05 AM   #13
Zooks527
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
I wouldn't let the LSD keep me from enjoying a euro delivery, I would just negotiate for the LSD to be installed when the car makes to the USA.
You'll need to get it installed by your dealer's service department after delivery or have one installed someplace else (an indy or a different dealer). You can't get the VPC to install items on an ED car.

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 07:05 AM   #14
shark715
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert

3 Pedal, I'm from Jersey too. First of all please let us know which dealer pulled this crap on you, so the rest of us can avoid wasting our valuable time with them. While I would never knock a dealer for not having the lowest price (I believe it's their prerogative, just as it's my prerogative to go to another dealer offering a better deal), to tell you that you have a deal and then back out of it is terribly underhanded. Hopefully they will get wind of this forum and realize they have lost numerous sales because of their tactics.

If you go to the ED forum on Bimmerfest, you will find recommendations for specific salespeople for ED orders at Morristown BMW, Park Ave. BMW, and I think there was a couple of recommendations for someone at Bloomfield BMW too. At least these are all within a reasonable drive distance of where you live.

And on a selfish note, please let us know what your experiences are. I'm going to be ordering a ED delivery of a 2016 235 xdrive convertible (not previously available) just as soon as the 2016 ordering and pricing guides are released (assumedly in the next few weeks). Based on my research on this forum and others, my target price is $500 over ED invoice including any dealer fees, before sales tax and actual state title and registration fees.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 11:05 AM   #15
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
A couple of things. To be clear dealers can sell cars at or below invoice and still make money. They get hold back dollars and other incentives based on volume, of course supply vs demand economics is at work in all of these situations so that doesn't mean you can get a car at or below invoice because for this car there are allocation limitations. Also the reason that you can't get the LSD on ED is that the car never actually makes it to the port until it gets to the USA and comes off the boat, at that time inspections are done and adjustments and repairs are made and port installed accessories are then installed and the car is prepped to go on the truck or train and go off to the dealer. I wouldn't let the LSD keep me from enjoying a euro delivery, I would just negotiate for the LSD to be installed when the car makes to the USA.
Hate to nitpick, but this car is no longer coming out of dealer allocation for Euro delivery, so while you're right, in context you're wrong. No dealer allocation, no holdback money for them.

Not sure what the process at port has to do with port installed accessories. Only difference is ED cars go through customs and ag. They used to allow part swaps after ED, but I imagine many parts they swapped could not be reused.
      04-24-2015, 11:30 AM   #16
Zooks527
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Not sure what the process at port has to do with port installed accessories. Only difference is ED cars go through customs and ag. They used to allow part swaps after ED, but I imagine many parts they swapped could not be reused.
They disallowed Port Installed Options a few years back. My CA didn't know why they did so, but your assumption above may be dead on. I could see them sending the standard differential back for re-use from a car that's just got under a mile of load/unload distance on it, but they may be concerned about putting an honestly "used" part from an ED car into the re-use pile.

Appreciate 0