THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Should I get the M track package? (Canadian Ed.)

04-09-2015, 12:17 PM   #1
paging_dr
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3C

Should I get the M track package? (Canadian Ed.)

Hi everyone!

Just starting my medical residency and thought I'd treat myself to a new car. I am planning to order a BMW 228i with just the M Sport package and automatic transmission (a $1,600 option here in Canada). The M Sport package here does come with 461M ferric grey wheels and an increased speed limiter already. The tires are likely to be performance staggered Bridgestone S001 RFT according to my dealer.

I just wanted to mention that I really have no intention taking this car to the track.

My question is if it's worth it for me to get the M track package. This option costs $1,200 Canadian (about $1,000 USD) and only includes the performance non-RFT and M sport brakes. I was wondering if it's worth it for the price. Will I notice any improvement with them compared to regular brakes and the Bridgestone S001 performance RFT's? Thanks.

Last edited by paging_dr; 04-09-2015 at 12:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 12:47 PM   #2
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by paging_dr View Post
My question is if it's worth it for me to get the M track package. This option costs $1,200 Canadian (about $1,000 USD) and only includes the performance non-RFT and M sport brakes. I was wondering if it's worth it for the price. Will I notice any improvement with them compared to regular brakes and the Bridgestone S001 performance RFT's? Thanks.
If that's all your concerns, then save the money. The brakes aren't really the genuine performance system. They're adequate for road applications but not for track use as they will show fade and deterioration with heavy application.

I'm not a fan of RFT. The Michelin PSS are the way to go and as you might already know, they are summer ultra-performance tires.

And all the best at Med School!
      04-09-2015, 05:24 PM   #3
paging_dr
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
If that's all your concerns, then save the money. The brakes aren't really the genuine performance system. They're adequate for road applications but not for track use as they will show fade and deterioration with heavy application.

I'm not a fan of RFT. The Michelin PSS are the way to go and as you might already know, they are summer ultra-performance tires.

And all the best at Med School!
Thanks, already done med school and started residency!

Thanks for your feedback. $1,200 should buy a nice set of winter tires too...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #4
gaijin
Mess Deck Commando
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30

Mea culpa! And congratulations!