THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery Does this sound right?

04-28-2015, 10:08 AM   #1
gasspasser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Does this sound right?

I'm special ordering a m235i and negotiating via email. The internet salesperson says that everything can be done via email and even waved the deposit. Does this sound right? What documentation should I request for assurances that this ordered car won't be sold to someone else? Any advice is very appreciated. Thank you.
      04-28-2015, 12:05 PM   #2
MikeT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasspasser View Post
I'm special ordering a m235i and negotiating via email. The internet salesperson says that everything can be done via email and even waved the deposit. Does this sound right? What documentation should I request for assurances that this ordered car won't be sold to someone else? Any advice is very appreciated. Thank you.
Not all dealers require deposits for orders, and, yes, plenty of folks do more or less everything by email.

The key for you should be to agree on a firm price now, so there are no surprises on either side when the car arrives.

If you have a firm deal with them on price, and they provide you with the production number of the vehicle, I don't think there's any significant risk of them selling the car to someone else. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 12:09 PM   #3
shark715
Captain
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 50i, '16 M235xi vert

I can understand why you are suspicious. I've never heard of any dealer willing to special order without a deposit. But I have ordered cars without ever visiting the dealer in person. I assume you will get a production number from the dealer if the car is really ordered, but I'm not sure how that nor any other documentation could keep the dealer from selling the car to someone else...other than the dealer risking his/her reputation when you spread the word far and wide about how the dealer screwed you.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2015, 12:41 PM   #4
gasspasser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeT
Quote:
Originally Posted by gasspasser View Post
Not all dealers require deposits for orders, and, yes, plenty of folks do more or less everything by email.

The key for you should be to agree on a firm price now, so there are no surprises on either side when the car arrives.

If you have a firm deal with them on price, and they provide you with the production number of the vehicle, I don't think there's any significant risk of them selling the car to someone else. Good luck!
Thanks!
      04-28-2015, 12:44 PM   #5
gasspasser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark715
I can understand why you are suspicious. I've never heard of any dealer willing to special order without a deposit. But I have ordered cars without ever visiting the dealer in person. I assume you will get a production number from the dealer if the car is really ordered, but I'm not sure how that nor any other documentation could keep the dealer from selling the car to someone else...other than the dealer risking his/her reputation when you spread the word far and wide about how the dealer screwed you.
I am working on a fixed price. The salesperson said that he would have a sale sheet breaking down the price of the car and that it will have my name on it. He's also going to provide a VIN and production number. I'm leaning towards this dealer because they're accepting USAA pricing on ordered cars and they're willing to negotiate on M perf parts installed at port. Keeping my fingers crossed.