THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum M235i vs EB Mustang ...?

Closed Thread

07-23-2014, 08:57 AM   #89
w3rkn
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by alz0rz View Post
Sorry buddy, no one gives a crap.

Says the child who juiced his 235i... If you didn't care, why enter, or post..?

235i vs Cayman, where are you in there..?

See..?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 09:32 AM   #90
alz0rz
What goes here?
Rep
Drives: 2019 G30 M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by w3rkn View Post
Says the child who juiced his 235i... If you didn't care, why enter, or post..?

235i vs Cayman, where are you in there..?

See..?

Dear Troll,

I'm not in there because that is a VALID comparison. Why don't you go on the Cayman forums and try to spew some Cayman vs Mustang garbage?

GBNF:
2021 G80 M3, 2019 F90 M5 Competition, 2016 F80 M3, 2014 F22 M235i
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 09:43 AM   #91
ManCityFan
Banned
Rep
Drives: Evo IX MR

Quote:
There is a lot of negative stigmatism owning BMW cars (my 3rd) and the badge luster for me has wore off, so I am no longer glamorized by owning one.
and this, children, is why we shouldn't try to use big words when we don't know what they mean...
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 09:47 AM   #92
Ritz42
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 & R56

Quote:

Dear Troll,

I'm not in there because that is a VALID comparison. Why don't you go on the Cayman forums and try to spew some Cayman vs Mustang garbage?
What exactly makes the Cayman comparison valid while the Mustang one isn't?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 10:08 AM   #93
w3rkn
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Dear Troll,

Another knucklehead..

What invalidates this comparison..?
Or is it that you don't know what a s550 is, like everyone else who has come to troll a Mustang thread, but soon finds out they are a tad uneasy, because they do compare.. and match up..? Most likely in Ford's favor..?

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 10:10 AM   #94
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz42
Quote:

Dear Troll,

What exactly makes the Cayman comparison valid while the Mustang one isn't?
Apparently a mid-engined two seater with a N/A flat-six is more comparable to the 2er than a front-engined 2+2 with a twinscroll-turbo inline-four.

Or maybe the badge just matters that much to people here that they couldn't mess with a pleb Mustang. I'll try not to stoke the fire too much.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 10:11 AM   #95
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Thanks for this thread, I can safely say the new mustang looks like dog poo and I do NOT feel uneasy about my desire to purchase the M235i. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #96
w3rkn
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
Thanks for this thread, I can safely say the new mustang looks like dog poo and I do NOT feel uneasy about my desire to purchase the M235i. Thank you.

Thanks for your OPINION..!

And.. we also know your actions speak louder than your words..

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 10:39 AM   #97
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

Quote:

But as it stand, the 2-series gained considerable weight and now sits alongside the Mustang, with less interior space & less performance (over-all).

There is a lot of negative stigmatism owning BMW cars (my 3rd) and the badge luster for me has wore off, so I am no longer glamorized by owning one.

And, again... PRICE.

Not because it's cheaper, but because it easier. Easier to have aftermarket, easier to have LSD, easier to repair, easier to tune... etc.
So you started this thread comparing the EB to the M235i, but even you say you will be cross shopping with a SVT. Seems like you realize the comparison is not good. Then you go on to say that the 2 series has less performance overall. Of course if you group in the 228, but the 235i is at least an equal to the mustang and I don't recall anyone comparing the mustang with the 228. Basically you are grouping in different trim levels when convenient for you rather than a straight EB v. 235i, which you are begging all of us to do.

You then say you need to wait to see the mustang, but you bought your 135is without waiting to drive the 235i. The M2 is still a year away so this conversation is certainly premature.

As far as the STIGMA of driving a BMW, I could care less. I bought my car because it puts a smile on my face to drive it. I was never blinded by the badge and usually cross shop competitors like audi and MB.

Finally, just by substituting the word easier for cheaper does not make it true. The only thing that makes the BMW difficult to mod is the price. Its not like you have to fly to germany to get parts. I can have the LSD and a tune shipped to my house right now, doesn't get much easier than that. Personally I would rather have a stock 235 then a tuned mustang w/ LSD. Thats just my personal opinion because I want more than performance.

I do agree with you about the M2 being an important car for BMW.

RETIRED:
2018 440xi GC, Carbon Black on Black/Blue
2014 M235i Black on Black, DINAN Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 10:45 AM   #98
ManCityFan
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for your OPINION..!

And.. we also know your actions speak louder than your words..

not bad. but wtf is going on with that handbrake? also that glovebox is huge and weird.

edit: and why does the dash appear to sit so high?? visibility will suck ass, and that is not good when you're driving a boat like this.

Last edited by ManCityFan; 07-23-2014 at 10:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 10:52 AM   #99
Ritz42
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 & R56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManCityFan View Post
not bad. but wtf is going on with that handbrake? also that glovebox is huge and weird.
Hopefully that's the handbrake up position.

What's so weird about a large glovebox? Folks with big hands have big gloves you know
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 10:55 AM   #100
deathsliver
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmmm235i View Post
So you started this thread comparing the EB to the M235i, but even you say you will be cross shopping with a SVT. Seems like you realize the comparison is not good. Then you go on to say that the 2 series has less performance overall. Of course if you group in the 228, but the 235i is at least an equal to the mustang and I don't recall anyone comparing the mustang with the 228. Basically you are grouping in different trim levels when convenient for you rather than a straight EB v. 235i, which you are begging all of us to do.

You then say you need to wait to see the mustang, but you bought your 135is without waiting to drive the 235i. The M2 is still a year away so this conversation is certainly premature.

As far as the STIGMA of driving a BMW, I could care less. I bought my car because it puts a smile on my face to drive it. I was never blinded by the badge and usually cross shop competitors like audi and MB.

Finally, just by substituting the word easier for cheaper does not make it true. The only thing that makes the BMW difficult to mod is the price. Its not like you have to fly to germany to get parts. I can have the LSD and a tune shipped to my house right now, doesn't get much easier than that. Personally I would rather have a stock 235 then a tuned mustang w/ LSD. Thats just my personal opinion because I want more than performance.

There's also blank statements like BMW will never make a smaller/lighter car. That the Mustang is the same weight (yet a foot longer, half a foot wider, which is huge). It's just silly talk.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 10:57 AM   #101
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep

I dont think these pictures are helping your case at all. That is pretty much exactly what I was expecting out of the interior. And really what is up with that handbrake, not a deal breaker, but why.

RETIRED:
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 10:58 AM   #102
ManCityFan
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritz42 View Post
Hopefully that's the handbrake up position.

What's so weird about a large glovebox? Folks with big hands have big gloves you know
I suppose you're right. Just looks out of place imo.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 11:14 AM   #103
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

I can see where this thread is going. 2addicts, the ultimate interior enthusiast community. A place where we can't appreciate other cars, but instead talk them down because of their handbrakes. Objective performance driving talk? Nah, let's make threads about how many badges are on this model year instead.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 11:21 AM   #104
w3rkn
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Wait... I thought I already responded to you in post #86 ... ? But to clarify, this thread is about 2 cars.. not 2 people.

Ironically, You are the first in this thread, to mention a 228... can't follow your logic, as I never mentioned it.

And for further irony, let me quote:
Quote:
substituting the word easier for cheaper does not make it true. The only thing that makes the BMW difficult to mod is the price. Its not like you have to fly to germany to get parts. I can have the LSD and a tune shipped to my house right now, doesn't get much easier than that.
That's^... is "easier" than just driving off the lot with a car that already has an LSD..? Does the UPS delivery boy install them too..?

I am sorry, You are just being //Marketed too... and probably don't remember the old days of BMW... !

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 11:26 AM   #105
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep

There is no objective driving performance to talk about because none of us have driven the car. Which is why so many have said this thread is garbage. All we can do is comment on looks and specs. Looks are subjective so posting pics saying its a great car is illogical. No one has been able to verify the specs so its too early to really compare the two cars. That is what most people have said. I'm sure there will be great debate once the car comes out.

RETIRED:
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 11:35 AM   #106
w3rkn
Banned
Rep

Quote:
There is no objective driving performance to talk about because none of us have driven the car. Which is why so many have said this thread is garbage. All we can do is comment on looks and specs. Looks are subjective so posting pics saying its a great car is illogical. No one has been able to verify the specs so its too early to really compare the two cars. That is what most people have said. I'm sure there will be great debate once the car comes out.
The discussion is ongoing...

As more reviews come out, the more we can discuss in detail. But the SPECS are out.. and nobody is dropping 235i specs, or pics... why?

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #107
ManCityFan
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
I can see where this thread is going. 2addicts, the ultimate interior enthusiast community. A place where we can't appreciate other cars, but instead talk them down because of their handbrakes. Objective performance driving talk? Nah, let's make threads about how many badges are on this model year instead.
lolz. first, you and your little troll friend were angry b/c no one wanted to compare the two cars at all. now we're comparing the two cars, but you're telling us we're only allowed to compare "objective performance" (which, of course, is impossible since no actual data is available for mustang yet). it's all getting a bit sad really. if, god forbid, the mustang's straight line performance or handling is not as brilliant as you hope, what then will we be allowed to talk about? cargo capacity?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #108
mmmmm235i
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Wait... I thought I already responded to you in post #86 ... ? But to clarify, this thread is about 2 cars.. not 2 people.

Ironically, You are the first in this thread, to mention a 228... can't follow your logic, as I never mentioned it.

And for further irony, let me quote:

That's^... is "easier" than just driving off the lot with a car that already has an LSD..? Does the UPS delivery boy install them too..?

I am sorry, You are just being //Marketed too... and probably don't remember the old days of BMW... !

Well you asked for a debate, that is when two sides present an argument and then are given an opportunity to respond to the other sides claims. This is not your thread where you respond to people and then they are done it is a debate like you asked for. All you have done since posting the specs is throw up pictures as evidence of how great the car is and complain about people that don't want to entertain your comparison. Ironically it is your thick headedness and arrogance that has made this thread so intolerable. You had to know that most people wouldn't appreciate you bashing a car that they bought in favor of a car you don't even own or have ever driven. Typically when you have such an unfavorable stance/opinion your argument must be supported by fact, otherwise you dont have a chance. See what happens if you go to the mustang forums and blindly praise the 235 and ignore the mustang. That is it for the education on debate.

-Sorry I assumed when you said that the mustang has overall better performance you had to be including the 228 because I see almost identical specs between the 235 and EB. (other than size and quality) Again you need to be more clear and stop making blanket statements if you want anyone to hear you out.

-Maybe you should read your posts because you listed it was easier to get LSD, tune, parts, repair, etc. Aside from the LSD those items are just as easy to get on either car, but the BMW will always be more expensive

Clearly you are not interested in addressing any of the substance of my argument, so I'm gonna get back to work.

RETIRED:
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 11:58 AM   #109
w3rkn
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Well you asked for a debate, that is when two sides present an argument and then are given an opportunity to respond to the other sides claims. This is not your thread where you respond to people and then they are done it is a debate like you asked for. All you have done since posting the specs is throw up pictures as evidence of how great the car is and complain about people that don't want to entertain your comparison. Ironically it is your thick headedness and arrogance that has made this thread so intolerable. You had to know that most people wouldn't appreciate you bashing a car that they bought in favor of a car you don't even own or have ever driven. Typically when you have such an unfavorable stance/opinion your argument must be supported by fact, otherwise you dont have a chance. See what happens if you go to the mustang forums and blindly praise the 235 and ignore the mustang. That is it for the education on debate.

-Sorry I assumed when you said that the mustang has overall better performance you had to be including the 228 because I see almost identical specs between the 235 and EB. (other than size and quality) Again you need to be more clear and stop making blanket statements if you want anyone to hear you out.

-Maybe you should read your posts because you listed it was easier to get LSD, tune, parts, repair, etc. Aside from the LSD those items are just as easy to get on either car, but the BMW will always be more expensive

Clearly you are not interested in addressing any of the substance of my argument, so I'm gonna get back to work.

I am still waiting for you to offer a debate... or a rebuttal to any spec, only opinions thus far from you. The irony continues...!

I haven't made any blanket statements, did you read the Opening Post..?

MCF..
Quote:
lolz. first, you and your little troll friend were angry b/c no one wanted to compare the two cars at all. now we're comparing the two cars, but you're telling us we're only allowed to compare "objective performance" (which, of course, is impossible since no actual data is available for mustang yet). it's all getting a bit sad really. if, god forbid, the mustang's straight line performance or handling is not as brilliant as you hope, what then will we be allowed to talk about? cargo capacity?

Just for you...

Last edited by w3rkn; 07-23-2014 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #110
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManCityFan View Post
I stick around for the popcorn whenever I see a Mustang thread on any Bimmerpost subsection. There's always a couple noteworthy gems to pick fun at. I'd say numbers are an easy topic of discussion, although you're right in this situation - the subjective side of things is more important in the end and we should wait for some kind of journalist impressions.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread