THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery My M235i Order and Summer ED

01-12-2014, 11:27 PM   #45
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Garage List
I went and checked out the Terra Leather in a new X5 a local dealer had and it's definitely brown just like the configurators show it to be
      01-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #46
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I received a semi-official response from MotorShowBlog that the M Performance Program will not launch until Spring. I guess I will be waiting a few months before I know exactly what that will cost.
      01-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #47
avd7x5
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 (hopefully)

Can I lease it trough the ED? If so, what would be the price difference?
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #48
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

Yeah, you can lease. A lease is dependent on the lease factor and ED price of the car, plus mileage terms, etc. Lots of factors. Talk to David.
      01-14-2014, 04:32 PM   #49
avd7x5
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 (hopefully)

Thank you... I was wanting to lease a BMW before graduating to buy a 3/4 series. Also, very keen on ED, because I want to drive around the 'Ring.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 06:02 PM   #50
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Received a packet in the mail today from BMW about Euro Delivery I updated the original post with pictures!
      04-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #51
255zr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Doing ED in May and finalized paperwork a few weeks back, can't wait to receive my package. How long you staying over there? Where are you driving to?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 06:50 PM   #52
lichenlt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

fuel surcharges on that BA F ticket is a bi***ch. otherwise, enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 07:11 PM   #53
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 255zr View Post
Doing ED in May and finalized paperwork a few weeks back, can't wait to receive my package. How long you staying over there? Where are you driving to?
Awesome! I'll be looking forward to your pictures while I wait for July to come around.

I'll be there 10 days and I am going with 4 other friends (one of whom is from Germany). We are undecided on where exactly we will be going yet but Stelvio Pass and Nurburgring are on the must do list.
      04-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #54
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lichenlt View Post
fuel surcharges on that BA F ticket is a bi***ch. otherwise, enjoy!
They sure as hell were... $1050 to be exact But it was the best option for using miles and I hear BAs First Class product is excellent.
      04-02-2014, 12:31 PM   #55
MaximumG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i EBII May '14 ED

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Is the welcome package a generic one sent to all ED customers? Is there any information about trip dates or production number in the package?

I was told that they sent out my ED welcome package last week and I haven't received it yet. I'm afraid it might be lost or perhaps I'll just have to resend it to a different address if it's a generic package.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #56
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximumGoku
Is the welcome package a generic one sent to all ED customers? Is there any information about trip dates or production number in the package?

I was told that they sent out my ED welcome package last week and I haven't received it yet. I'm afraid it might be lost or perhaps I'll just have to resend it to a different address if it's a generic package.
It's generic. Nothing specific to my build or anything so they should be able to resend it. It came FedEx though and not USPS.
      04-02-2014, 03:03 PM   #57
lichenlt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdither View Post
They sure as hell were... $1050 to be exact But it was the best option for using miles and I hear BAs First Class product is excellent.
Did you redeem BA avios points or AA miles? If the latter, you could fly through DOH to MUC on QR given that you have enough vacation days. It takes a bit longer than routing through LHR and QR doesn't have F class on these routes, but the out-of-pocket money is substantially less and QR has a nice J class. As nice as BA F, it's not LH in-flight bed or EK shower LOL. I'd never pay such high fees to fly BA.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2014, 03:48 PM   #58
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lichenlt View Post
Did you redeem BA avios points or AA miles? If the latter, you could fly through DOH to MUC on QR given that you have enough vacation days. It takes a bit longer than routing through LHR and QR doesn't have F class on these routes, but the out-of-pocket money is substantially less and QR has a nice J class. As nice as BA F, it's not LH in-flight bed or EK shower LOL. I'd never pay such high fees to fly BA.
I'm using AA Miles. According to the reservation system for the dates I am going going BA is the only option offered by AA for a Munich arrival. I checked Frankfurt as well and ended up going with Zurich because there were "SAAver" awards available to Zurich that weren't there for the other options. So I'll stay in Zurich a day or two after arrival and take a train to Munich. The main problem is because I am going at peak tourist time so there's just not much available.
      05-23-2014, 09:29 PM   #59
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Finally nailed down the itinerary for the trip. Will be going with 5 friends, should be a blast! If anyone has any pointers for the route we have planned let me know!

Day 1 - Flying
Day 2 - Zurich
Day 3 - Train to Munich
Day 4 - BMW Welt: Factory Tour, Museum and Delivery
Day 5 - Drive Day: Munich -> Neuschwanstein Castle -> Stelvio Pass -> Varenna, Italy on Lake Como
Day 6 - Rest Day: Lake Como
Day 7 - Drive Day: Varenna -> Stuttgart: Porsche Factory Tour & Musuem -> Cologne, Germany
Day 8 - Rest Day: Nürburgring
Day 9 - Back to Zurich to Drop off the car