THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Pricing, Ordering, European Delivery My M235i Order and Summer ED

12-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #23
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdither
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdither
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos
ED does not come from dealer allocation FYI
That hasn't been confirmed yet. I'm expecting / hoping that to be the case though.
If it does come out dealer allocation you will have to pay US MSRP?
There is still a Euro Delivery discount that will apply. So not US MSRP.
Dealers will be way more wiling to negotiate if and when the ED M235 does not come out of their allocation. Think of it as a car that the dealer does not stand to sell for a higher price since it's not really their car to begin with.

That's when you can aim for 500 -1000 over ED invoice.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #24
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
ED shouldn't come out of dealer allocation cuz its not from the dealer...comes straight from the factory

Dealers that tell you so are just pulling your leg. Think about it, why would bmw limit their sales??? They do limit the amount of ED pickups per day tho
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 09:54 PM   #25
Force
Registered
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by webdither View Post
Not that I have found. I ended up buying my 335i from a dealer in New Jersey because they were over $200/mo cheaper than the best price I could get from the local dealerships.

If you do performance center delivery it doesn't really matter where you buy it from either. Just drive it back to Dallas from there on a weekend.
By 200 a month cheaper do you mean lease or what? Are local dealerships charging markups or are they charging msrp? I can tolerate msrp since that's what I thought I'd pay anyways....but markups I cannot. I'd need to go local anyhow since I have a yaris to trade in. Thanks,

Matt

Edit: and what is Euro delivery?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #26
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M235i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Force
Quote:
Not that I have found. I ended up buying my 335i from a dealer in New Jersey because they were over $200/mo cheaper than the best price I could get from the local dealerships.

If you do performance center delivery it doesn't really matter where you buy it from either. Just drive it back to Dallas from there on a weekend.
By 200 a month cheaper do you mean lease or what? Are local dealerships charging markups or are they charging msrp? I can tolerate msrp since that's what I thought I'd pay anyways....but markups I cannot. I'd need to go local anyhow since I have a yaris to trade in. Thanks,

Matt
It was a lease but no markups. They would only come off MSRP a little bit... like $1000.

Make sure to check Car Max for your trade first. They usually offer higher than the dealers do so you can use that as your bare minimum trade in value.
      12-25-2013, 01:49 AM   #27
davidL13
Registered
Rep
Drives: Altima

Quote:
David said ED production numbers won't be available until March. And the first available ED would be March 17.
Does it mean the fist ED will be in production in March 17 and around Jun will be the first ED delivery for 2 series?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 03:57 PM   #28
blacksquid
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Convertible

Add one more to the David Aviles order pile. I spoke with a couple of local SAs but none apparently has any ED experience. This will be my first BWM and my first ED and I didn't want any problems. Contacted David and sent a deposit to hold an allocation/slot/whatever, for ED in mid-September.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #29
davidL13
Registered
Rep

For those who already placed the ED deposit. Did you get a price quote? I am hesitant to put down a deposit without knowing how much I am going to pay.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 05:58 PM   #30
blacksquid
Private First Class
Rep

No, I did not get a price quote as ED pricing won't be announced until Detroit. The deposit was simply to hold the ED allocation. It appears that M235i allocations are coming in to dealerships at 1/month and I want to make sure I'm in line.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #31
davidL13
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksquid View Post
No, I did not get a price quote as ED pricing won't be announced until Detroit. The deposit was simply to hold the ED allocation. It appears that M235i allocations are coming in to dealerships at 1/month and I want to make sure I'm in line.
Thanks. But even if the price is not yet released, did you know whether you will get "ED MSRP+xxx" or "ED invoice+xxx"?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 04:22 AM   #32
blacksquid
Private First Class
Rep

No. The document I have have just lists the deposit amount and the sale price as "to be determined." It's pretty wide open. The big questions are:

1. What are ED prices?
2. Do the vehicles come out of dealer allotments?
3. What is the sales velocity for the vehicle in question?

I've got a little more time since I plan on ED in mid-September so I can keep an eye on trends.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #33
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidL13
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksquid View Post
Thanks. But even if the price is not yet released, did you know whether you will get "ED MSRP+xxx" or "ED invoice+xxx"?
I was told if the allocations come from BMW and not the dealer it'll be more like ED Invoice + $xxx. But like black squid said, that's still to be determined.
      12-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #34
wmo168
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Need one!

Quote:
I was told if the allocations come from BMW and not the dealer it'll be more like ED Invoice + $xxx. But like black squid said, that's still to be determined.
Usually new BMW model which are in high demand like M235i 500 per US would come from Dealer Allocation. When demand died down it will be allocate from the factory... hopefully it will be summer...

[ED Photo 12'] [ED Photo 11'] [ED Photo 09'] [PCD Photo 09']
Appreciate 1
      12-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #35
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
congrats! Our cars look very similar, in color!

I'm still trying to decide on the options .

I am yet to see terra brown! I don't want it to be orange. I would have rather it been a darker brown . I might get oyster, but who knows since I only really like oyster/black.

I am also not sure which one goes better with the performance interior. I wish the performance interior was all carbon fiber like the current e82. Never been a fan of aluminum interior, and I prefer the darker wood options...

Also, instead of getting tech options, I might be more performance oriented.

I kinda want Recaro's in the car (such like the CLA45 AMG ones), but not sure if BMW will release in the future, or how much the new M3/M4 seats will cost. Currently solutions require lots of $$$$. If I go this route, I may just get leatherette to save some cost, and invest in seats later. I went to the dealership, and could not tell the difference between leather and leatherette, but the cars were brand new as well.

Estroil Blue for sure : ).
Manual
Tint
LSD for sure, assuming it is < 3k.
BMW Performance interior (probably from Dan@UnitedBMW)
Aftermarket Rims (TBD)
Carbon fiber front, side, rear, and mirrors (aftermarket)
Exhaust (not sure yet, from M135i I like the militek)

I may get the tech package. Not keen on spending 2k for navigation, since my commute is 15 miles a day. However, the bigger screen and the black panel LCD instrument cluster are very tempting : (

edit: just noticed you are in dallas/ft worth area! I got mine from classic bmw
What package does the tinted windows come with, this is US order, right?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2013, 09:42 AM   #36
Greenkirby21
Vrooom :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Stringray

Quote:
Originally Posted by damills
Quote:
congrats! Our cars look very similar, in color!

I'm still trying to decide on the options .

I am yet to see terra brown! I don't want it to be orange. I would have rather it been a darker brown . I might get oyster, but who knows since I only really like oyster/black.

I am also not sure which one goes better with the performance interior. I wish the performance interior was all carbon fiber like the current e82. Never been a fan of aluminum interior, and I prefer the darker wood options...

Also, instead of getting tech options, I might be more performance oriented.

I kinda want Recaro's in the car (such like the CLA45 AMG ones), but not sure if BMW will release in the future, or how much the new M3/M4 seats will cost. Currently solutions require lots of $$$$. If I go this route, I may just get leatherette to save some cost, and invest in seats later. I went to the dealership, and could not tell the difference between leather and leatherette, but the cars were brand new as well.

Estroil Blue for sure : ).
Manual
Tint
LSD for sure, assuming it is &lt; 3k.
BMW Performance interior (probably from Dan@UnitedBMW)
Aftermarket Rims (TBD)
Carbon fiber front, side, rear, and mirrors (aftermarket)
Exhaust (not sure yet, from M135i I like the militek)

I may get the tech package. Not keen on spending 2k for navigation, since my commute is 15 miles a day. However, the bigger screen and the black panel LCD instrument cluster are very tempting : (

edit: just noticed you are in dallas/ft worth area! I got mine from classic bmw
What package does the tinted windows come with, this is US order, right?
None. Dealership does it as a service for 300. They also fill tired up with nitogren for 20 bucks
      12-28-2013, 02:59 PM   #37
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

David said ED's ARE coming out of dealer allocation
      12-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #38
SmallTownBoy
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '14 M235i 6MT PSS BSM

Placed the deposit on my M235i on Dec 18 (Canadian dealer) and got the production # on Dec 27.

Really pushing for a March 8 ED, so hoping David's March 17 "first ED" date doesn't apply to Canadian orders. We don't get special ED pricing here and the car does come out of dealer allocation.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 09:09 AM   #39
blacksquid
Private First Class
Rep

This may seem like a silly question but does the ED discount apply to all packages and options as well as the base vehicle price?

Thanks!

John

NOTE: I found the answer on my own after looking some more.

Last edited by blacksquid; 01-02-2014 at 11:10 AM.. Reason: found the answer
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 01:25 AM   #40
davidL13
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattssi View Post
David said ED's ARE coming out of dealer allocation
Does this dealer allocation also apply to 228i?
With only 500 per US, it looks like M235i are in high demand, but BMW produces more 228i than M235i. Will it make any difference?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2014, 11:02 PM   #41
Gate7
Oh rly?
Rep
Drives: 335i

Are u going to be selling the 335i?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 07:30 AM   #42
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate7
Are u going to be selling the 335i?
Yeah. Either sell or lease trade. Whichever works out best.
      01-08-2014, 08:37 AM   #43
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

awesome! David Aviles is def the man!

Excited to read up about your trip and experience once the day comes!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, PM ME FIRST WE CAN HOOK YOU UP!
Jimmy Miller:Jimmym@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-509-2048
If you have any issues getting a hold of Jimmy M PLEASE PM me, I'm available everyday till 545pm!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2014, 01:22 PM   #44
webdither
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The new X5 has a Terra Leather option so you can probably see it in person at a dealer. The configurator seems to show it as a nice brown-y brown lol.. now if only Mocha was an option