THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum ROFL

07-24-2017, 02:13 PM   #1
ttsidd
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i xdrive

ROFL

2016 M235i xdrive, Esoteril Blue
(bone stock, staggered setup)

Last edited by ttsidd; 07-24-2017 at 11:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 02:20 PM   #2
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

@Viffermike would you like the honors of taking this groundbreaking question, good sir?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #3
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
@Viffermike would you like the honors of taking this groundbreaking question, good sir?
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 02:32 PM   #4
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 03:03 PM   #5
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsidd View Post
Any existing threads on how to code my car?
Oh happy joy! Hee! Yay!

OP: See this subthread, which is conveniently titled DIY and Coding. All you need is in there.

And one more thing:

This is not Bimmerfest. We are much more discerning.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 03:18 PM   #6
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viffermike View Post
Oh happy joy! Hee! Yay!

OP: See this subthread, which is conveniently titled DIY and Coding. All you need is in there.

And one more thing:

Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. I must say though, I was hoping for more furious vengeance
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 03:22 PM   #7
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Oh happy joy! Hee! Yay!

And one more thing:

Are you an official moderator, Mike?

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #8
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
Are you an official moderator, Mike?
No ... but I guess I've been anointed a deputy of sorts because of my frustration with lazy noobs who mistake 2Addicts for NASIOC or 8thGenCivic ...
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 03:32 PM   #9
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No ... but I guess I've been anointed a deputy of sorts because of my frustration with lazy noobs who mistake 2Addicts for NASIOC or 8thGenCivic ...
And I was just too tired to tear the guy a new one - Viffermike is usually nicer about it anyway.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 03:58 PM   #10
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
In any case, the power of citizen's arrest endures!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00
      07-24-2017, 04:05 PM   #11
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
In any case, the power of citizen's arrest endures!
More like a citizen with a key to the shackles of the stockade in the town square ... :: ducking ::

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 05:32 PM   #12
MadOzodi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i

Esoteril Blue.

Damn you, Auto-Correct!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 09:17 PM   #13
3.0L
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Kappa Sigma.

Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00
      07-24-2017, 10:33 PM   #14
Deutsche-Broke
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

I kinda pictured Mike, sitting in the, "sturdy Adirondack chair" on the side deck with a Leinenkegel Grapefruit sour and a couple of iPads.. Just waiting for this magic moment as he spit on his fingers to make the angry emoticons show up faster...

This made me literally, "laugh out loud"... But at the same time, I understand the angst..

I work with some folks that are, "younger than myself" and constantly ask me ignorant questions that they could have easily answered themselves with a simple search..

I chalk it up to the collegiate education and schooling model of, "We are all a happy team!! Work Together!".. Then nine people go get black out fucked up every night while one or two people do the actual work. Once things get real, the screw offs pound the two who actually did the work with useless questions constantly. And they don't get it.. Ever.. Then get defensive and wonder why they are being, "picked on"..

Someone actually appreciated that I posted two sentences from the owners manual yesterday.. Yes, the owners manual..

Looking forward to more...
Appreciate 4
DRitch9.50
Tpeterson156.50
Viffermike1753.00
mumps22.50
      07-24-2017, 11:03 PM   #15
crabu2
Captain
Rep
Drives: Truck and ...

Bwahahahahahaha!
      07-25-2017, 12:10 AM   #16
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

I imagine Mike's desk to be quite organized.
Appreciate 1
Viffermike1753.00
      07-25-2017, 08:44 AM   #17
MadOzodi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deutsche-Broke View Post
I chalk it up to the collegiate education and schooling model of, "We are all a happy team!! Work Together!".
When the *bleep* did that model start? I remember my experience to be all sortsa cutthroat backstabbing. Sorry, I don't have kids and will most likely never choose to. Is that tied to the whole Common Core b/s?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 08:55 AM   #18
Sportstick
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadOzodi View Post
When the *bleep* did that model start? I remember my experience to be all sortsa cutthroat backstabbing. Sorry, I don't have kids and will most likely never choose to. Is that tied to the whole Common Core b/s?
Nah....the Common Core "bs" is related to the heretical notion for 10th Amendmenters that all American kids should be prepared for their futures and know basics like the Pythagorean theorem and the age of the universe in billions of years, regardless of in what state they are born....even Kansas, thus the name....a core of common knowledge.

This thread is certainly taking an intersting path!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 09:36 AM   #19
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I kinda pictured Mike, sitting in the, "sturdy Adirondack chair" on the side deck with a Leinenkegel Grapefruit sour and a couple of iPads.. Just waiting for this magic moment as he spit on his fingers to make the angry emoticons show up faster...

This made me literally, "laugh out loud"... But at the same time, I understand the angst..

I work with some folks that are, "younger than myself" and constantly ask me ignorant questions that they could have easily answered themselves with a simple search..

I chalk it up to the collegiate education and schooling model of, "We are all a happy team!! Work Together!".. Then nine people go get black out fucked up every night while one or two people do the actual work. Once things get real, the screw offs pound the two who actually did the work with useless questions constantly. And they don't get it.. Ever.. Then get defensive and wonder why they are being, "picked on"..

Someone actually appreciated that I posted two sentences from the owners manual yesterday.. Yes, the owners manual..

Looking forward to more...
I was told long ago by a man much wiser than myself, you can teach smart but ignorant, there is nothing to be done about stupid or lazy.

I think bottom line with these sorts of posts is that we all get a little annoyed and rather than calmly explain the search function and setup of the forum into sub topics we just roast the new dumb lazy guy (whether or not he/she is actually dumb and lazy).
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 10:15 AM   #20
3.0L
Colonel
Rep

Way back in the dark ages (early '70's) a local university student applied for a part-time job at my dad's mom & pop TV sales and service store. On the student's first day on the job, my dad handed the student a broom. The student protested saying, "But I'm a college student!" Dad grabbed the broom back and said, "OK, I'll show you how."

I worked at that store from 1964 to 1990, first as the janitor, then as apprentice electronics technician, then a full technician and eventually as half owner and general manager. I spent the last half of my career at the above mentioned university as an electronics technician. That would be 1990 to 2011. Among the students, common sense was not very common there. And with the advent of smartphones and earplugs, I'm convinced many of them don't even know what planet they're standing on. Even what street they're on. Book smart maybe, but still clueless.

Appreciate 1
mumps22.50
      07-25-2017, 11:41 AM   #21
MadOzodi
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I think one of my first posts on here was similar to the following:

"In this day and age, how does one not already know how to Forum?"

Which leads me to:

I have close friends who will never occupy the same decade as I. While I don't understand what causes them to make verbs out of nouns that have no business being verbs in the first place, I have to admit that I find it amusing.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2017, 03:53 PM   #22
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadOzodi View Post
I think one of my first posts on here was similar to the following:

"In this day and age, how does one not already know how to Forum?"
If you knew (part of) what I do for a living, you would know how much this chaps and scrapes at my black heart ... [I'm an editor and an ex-journalist]

... but I gotta tell ya: Learning to 'forum' should have been a legit Millennial verb years ago ...

Quote:
I like the envisioning, hehe ... only I'll opt for either a German-brewed Bitburger Pils (none o' that made-by-Molson-under-license crap) or a Chimay Blue (heresy, I know, but I gotta give the Belgians credit for making SOMEthing good.). Oh: And an Eames chair, please, or pretty much anything from Herman Miller.

As for the generational thing: Part of my theory involves the ever-increasing effect of instant-on, instantly gratifying social media and connectivity. People expect answers NOW and know how to get answers NOW, and thus expect answers NOW pretty much everywhere that involves a keyboard.

So they mistake (or treat) a forum like 2Addicts for a chat room, or a Facebook or Twitter feed, or a Pinterest board. Thing is, it's not: it is a community resource first, meant to operate as a database (of sorts) for information on a common interest. This is the entire reason this forum has topical subforums; to refine the crowd-sourced information that exists here, both as a searchable resource and a point of query and/or conversation.

So, OP: Learn the difference between this and the other platforms I've mentioned above, and understand that they all do not work the same way. 2Addicts, and other forums like it, work best when members use it properly.

Wait: what was that? What's 'properly'? Glad you asked!:
The "Announcement" sticky at the very top of every forum and subforum
and
Bimmerpost Terms of Service (pay particular attention to the "Content" section")

You're welcome!
Appreciate 1