THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum How to turn off last service reminder.

07-20-2017, 03:09 PM   #1
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

How to turn off last service reminder.

I recently had my car serviced at an independent servicer (first time not at my servicing dealer). Since then, I've noticed a service reminder pops up for a few seconds when I first start the car. Is there a way I can cancel this reminder? Or, do I have to take the car back to my servicer.

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 03:11 PM   #2
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0L View Post
I recently had my car serviced at an independent servicer (first time not at my servicing dealer). Since then, I've noticed a service reminder pops up for a few seconds when I first start the car. Is there a way I can cancel this reminder? Or, do I have to take the car back to my servicer.
I haven't tried this on the F22, but can confirm it works for the F30. I imagine it's the same.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=888908

Originally Posted by Sephanite
1. Without pressing the brake/clutch, press the start/stop button
2. Wait for the service reminder to disappear
3. Press and hold the odometer reset button. You will notice your trip meter reset and then go back to the value it once was. Keep holding for a couple more seconds

At this point, service values that can be reset will come up. Use the odometer reset button to scroll through the menu.

4. At the value you want to reset, press and hold the odometer reset button. "Reset possible" will change to "Reset?"
5. Press and hold odometer reset button again until value is reset
6. Press the start/stop button to start car or turn off car
Appreciate 1
shil31.50
      07-20-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

I forget exactly but there's a way to do it. Analogous to old school Nintendo up/up/down/down/etc. Something along the lines of get in, hold trip odometer reset, turn on but don't start, close your left eye while whistling the German anthem for three seconds then turn the radio on and you're done.

In all seriousness there is a way to do it without going to the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2017, 08:13 PM   #4
3.0L
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M235i, 20k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
I haven't tried this on the F22, but can confirm it works for the F30. I imagine it's the same.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=888908

Originally Posted by Sephanite
1. Without pressing the brake/clutch, press the start/stop button
2. Wait for the service reminder to disappear
3. Press and hold the odometer reset button. You will notice your trip meter reset and then go back to the value it once was. Keep holding for a couple more seconds

At this point, service values that can be reset will come up. Use the odometer reset button to scroll through the menu.

4. At the value you want to reset, press and hold the odometer reset button. "Reset possible" will change to "Reset?"
5. Press and hold odometer reset button again until value is reset
6. Press the start/stop button to start car or turn off car
It worked! Thanks!

When writing your life's plan, use a pencil with an eraser
Appreciate 2
pz6193278.50
doccyber258.50