THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning MPE w/ or w/o diffuser and Finishers

02-03-2017, 04:32 PM   #1
MeanMGN_F22
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

MPE w/ or w/o diffuser and Finishers

I've got the bug and decided to get the MPE ordered even before the DP gets in.

Anyone have the BMS burnt titanium tips on the M diffuser? How is the fit and quality? Love the blue on a black car.

Or any other reccs on the MPE finishers?

Thanks!!

Last edited by MeanMGN_F22; 02-03-2017 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: I solved my other question by just ordering the M diffuser lol
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2017, 10:02 PM   #2
Joaco135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C LBB

MeanMGN_F22,

According to BMS, their tips will not fit MPE mufflers; they are design to fit the standard f22 muffler. I already asked since want to put black tips on my M235i MPE.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 09:46 AM   #3
bryan_G01
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: like i stole it...

If you haven't ordered it yet, do not get the MPE.

Go with the remus, or a muffler delete.
1997 M3 Sedan Auto Cosmo Black Metallic
2018 x3 m40 Auto Grey Metallic
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2017, 02:51 PM   #4
SliChillax
First Lieutenant
Albania
Rep
Drives: Ex BMW owner, will return soon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan_f22 View Post
If you haven't ordered it yet, do not get the MPE.

Go with the remus, or a muffler delete.
Yup, the MPE is overpriced and not worth it. This is mine with armytrix catless downpipe and muffler delete. Video doesn't do it justice at all
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 10:09 AM   #5
Anthony235
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
BMS told me their tips do fit MPE when I was shopping their tips. Just are a little tighter.

MPE and DP is the perfect sound for me. Not too loud, but still noticeable. Thought it would be too quiet for me after having some pretty loud cars. If it wasn't my daily I would probably have went with something louder though.

Can't remember the price of the other brands, but got my MPE for $790 shipped.

Now the MP carbon tips are a rip off, but couldn't pass them up
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 11:52 AM   #6
MeanMGN_F22
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks all for the input. I'll have to reach out to BMS i guess.

Any other reccs on finishers?

I looked into other setups but like Anthony235, this is my daily and not looking to be super loud all the time. I'm also getting the MPE for around that price so hard to pass up.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 10:07 PM   #7
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

MPE is great, and it has room to grow with other bolt-ons if you want to amplify sound. With a stock exhaust/MPE combo it has a really nice (not in your face) tone, which howls like an i6/v6 should. You can make any car sound loud by deleting mufflers, resonators and catalytic converters, but the drone that's associated to that type of setup is usually unwanted, especially for a DD. I do agree it's a tad quiet with factory cat, but with the windows down, you can really hear the nice tone of the engine. I'm adding a VRSF dp to my setup (stock dp w/MPE), and based on all of the feedback/videos that the users have shared, I'm pretty excited for 50% more sound from the exhaust, and more excited to turn off the fake sound at the same time!
      02-07-2017, 01:45 PM   #8
MeanMGN_F22
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
MPE is great, and it has room to grow with other bolt-ons if you want to amplify sound. With a stock exhaust/MPE combo it has a really nice (not in your face) tone, which howls like an i6/v6 should. You can make any car sound loud by deleting mufflers, resonators and catalytic converters, but the drone that's associated to that type of setup is usually unwanted, especially for a DD. I do agree it's a tad quiet with factory cat, but with the windows down, you can really hear the nice tone of the engine. I'm adding a VRSF dp to my setup (stock dp w/MPE), and based on all of the feedback/videos that the users have shared, I'm pretty excited for 50% more sound from the exhaust, and more excited to turn off the fake sound at the same time!
Fabspeed Sport DP should be here on Friday

Need to look into turning fake sound off. Is it easier to code out or get that harness?
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2017, 08:06 PM   #9
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanMGN_F22 View Post
Fabspeed Sport DP should be here on Friday

Need to look into turning fake sound off. Is it easier to code out or get that harness?
I'm going to have my indie mechanic code it out when he does the rest of my bolt ons in the spring time. Gonna be a painful 2-3 more months!
      02-21-2017, 05:56 PM   #10
MeanMGN_F22
Enlisted Member
Rep

Don't expect anyone to know this but:

I ordered the MPE to fit with MP Diffuser. Do you know if I can run the exhaust with the stock diffuser for the time being? If so, will I have to take the exhaust off to install the diffuser later?

1) Getting the M Diffuser painted is going to be a pain since all the paint shops in the Bay Area are full of wrecked cars (lots of rain and shi%ty drivers)

2) getting really impatient with the DP and MPE sitting in my garage
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 08:38 PM   #11
Benandluna
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 x3 m40i

The fabspeed sport cat is awesome. I just don't get why the mpe has performance in the name since u get no performance gain haha. It sounds good though imo.

2016 BSM M235i: Fully loaded.
Dinan Stage II Tune, Dinan CAI, Fabspeed Sport Cat, Fabspeed Muffler Delete.
Appreciate 2
      02-22-2017, 09:43 AM   #12
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:

I ordered the MPE to fit with MP Diffuser. Do you know if I can run the exhaust with the stock diffuser for the time being? If so, will I have to take the exhaust off to install the diffuser later?

1) Getting the M Diffuser painted is going to be a pain since all the paint shops in the Bay Area are full of wrecked cars (lots of rain and shi%ty drivers)

From my experience, you will not be able to fit the MPE (M-Perf. Diffuser) with the OEM diffuser. It is the same concept as our Muffler Bypass exhaust - they are two different parts. You "MAY" be able to make it work but it probably won't look pretty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benandluna View Post
The fabspeed sport cat is awesome. I just don't get why the mpe has performance in the name since u get no performance gain haha. It sounds good though imo.
+1 on this! It does sound good but it's a little misleading as far as a "performance" exhaust.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2017, 09:56 AM   #13
Anthony235
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: m235i

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:

Pretty sure you can use the OEM diffuser with the MPE. The tips will just stick out a lot. I did the opposite and used the OEM exhaust with the MP diffuser for a few weeks.

You will not have to take the exhaust off to swap the diffusers.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2017, 11:26 AM   #14
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

I'm running the MPE with the stock diffuser. It looks fine. The tips stick out about 1.25" from the bumper cover. The diffuser does make it all look better though.
Appreciate 0