THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum 2 Series Photos and Videos Almost hit a pedestrian. Thank you dash cam.

03-31-2015, 10:00 PM   #23
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by configt
Quote:
Originally Posted by inktomi View Post
What setup are you using here?
I have the Blackvue DR650GW-2CH connected to a MultiSafer unit. Love it. I hope the next revision of the Blackvue has even higher quality recording.
What's the multi safer unit do? Mine are hardwired. I need to figure something out for the AM radio interference in my Focus. The BMW has no issue with this.
      04-01-2015, 12:32 AM   #24
configt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 EB M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
What's the multi safer unit do? Mine are hardwired. I need to figure something out for the AM radio interference in my Focus. The BMW has no issue with this.
The multi safer is to ensure that your blackvue doesn't drain your car battery if the car sits for awhile. Basically it monitors the voltage in the system and if it drops below a preset threshold it cuts power to the blackvue.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 06:18 PM   #25
e85sbm
Snow Wizard
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 & E89

Glad to see everyone is OK. However, the camera may be offering a false sense of vision as I could clearly see the guy running well ahead of the car approaching the intersection
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 08:05 PM   #26
inFamousKicks
Member.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
You should have Suge Knighted him, pretty sure I saw a gun

Appreciate 1
      04-08-2015, 09:56 PM   #27
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Quote:
Wow yeah good thing for that dash cam.

I have one in both cars. Bmw sports a Dashcam mini 0805, and the DD has a G1W-C. Both are fantastic! Now days in my cars 2 things I cannot live without:
1. Dashcam
2. Passport 9500ix radar detector.

Without them I feel naked!
What's your thoughts on the mini 0805? I find it hard to find reviews, but love the smaller size of it. Is it comparable to the Blackvues?
      04-08-2015, 10:41 PM   #28
configt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e85sbm View Post
Glad to see everyone is OK. However, the camera may be offering a false sense of vision as I could clearly see the guy running well ahead of the car approaching the intersection
What do you mean by false sense of vision? I am not looking through the camera lens.

Of course it is easy for you to see the fellow running across the street when watching this capture. This is a 180 degree video capture from the 1080P camera, with your mind preconditioned to be looking for a man about to get hit and actively searching for that. I would argue that it is a bit harder when you are in the drivers seat to the left, with a field of vision of maybe 110-120 degrees (if I recall correctly from school), different lighting than what you see in this capture, and concentrating on your go-ahead green light to turn left.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 10:42 PM   #29
configt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy6698 View Post
What's your thoughts on the mini 0805? I find it hard to find reviews, but love the smaller size of it. Is it comparable to the Blackvues?
The Mini 0805 is a good camera as well, and cheaper than the blackvue! I am actually getting that cam for my wife It is great in low light (street lights) from what I could tell. I would definitely say go for it if you are on a bit of a budget.

Last edited by configt; 04-08-2015 at 10:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2015, 11:09 PM   #30
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy6698
Quote:

I have one in both cars. Bmw sports a Dashcam mini 0805, and the DD has a G1W-C. Both are fantastic! Now days in my cars 2 things I cannot live without:
1. Dashcam

I can't compare to the blackvues I never ran one. But they're hella expensive!
I like it as well because of its small size but that has downfalls as it has a microscopic screen. For me a camera must have a playback screen to view on sight or its a no go. My G1W-C and the mini 805 are both manufactured from the blueskyeview.

Compared to my g1wc the 805 is just as good maybe even better. We will se if it holds up well. To truly test their worthiness you must try them out in zub temps and hot summers. This is where I had some small issues with the g1wc. Leaving car overnight outside in winter put it into some sort of im dead mode. I had to disconnect it and reconnect and it worked immediately.

So far the video is great at daytime, it's slightly better then the g1wc. But night time I feel the g1wc has it beat.

I couldn't tell you what the major difference between the mini0803 and 0805 is other then the 805 being 1296P which is a load of crap because there is no difference comparing it to 1080P. And if you use 1296P I get file transfer errors and compatability issues. Running 1080P is flawless. I don't use the GPS feature. Also I upload the videos to my iPad for viewing but to truly enjoy the 1080P upload it to your PC. The video is just amazing.

Biggest gripe comparing it to the g1wc is the mount. It can't swivel, and it's very limited unlike the g1w. But the small size comes in handy putting it up virtually anywhere unnoticed. Also the 805 comes with an 8GB internal memory which is really really nice. GPS, I don't use it, and it has lane departure warning and I haven't tried that yet. For $54 you can't beat a G1Wc. I paid $80 with a hardwire and 32gig card.

805 ran me $104 shipped from China with car charger, and hardwire kit. No card. Haven't purchased one yet. The 8gb internal allows me to loop 1h15 min and I'm ok with that.

If you're buying on eBay I trust estore009. I got him from reviews on dashcamtalk.com. Bought both from him, no issues.
      04-08-2015, 11:17 PM   #31
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by configt
Quote:
Originally Posted by e85sbm View Post
What do you mean by false sense of vision? I am not looking through the camera lens.

Of course it is easy for you to see the fellow running across the street when watching this capture. This is a 180 degree video capture from the 1080P camera, with your mind preconditioned to be looking for a man about to get hit and actively searching for that. I would argue that it is a bit harder when you are in the drivers seat to the left, with a field of vision of maybe 110-120 degrees (if I recall correctly from school), different lighting than what you see in this capture, and concentrating on your go-ahead green light to turn left.
Ignore this dude! The guy was basically j jogging on red and didn't have the right away! You had the green period! I hate shit like this, it's what made me get a camera in the 1st place!

Where I live people can't drive for shit (stopping in the left lane on expressways, turning left from a 3 lane road from the far right lane, no turn signals) let alone walk...don't even get me started. This bullshit driving entitlement has gone way to far.
      04-08-2015, 11:25 PM   #32
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

1. Dashcam

Here is where mine is mounted.
Attached Images

04-09-2015, 02:57 PM   #33
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by configt View Post
The Mini 0805 is a good camera as well, and cheaper than the blackvue! I am actually getting that cam for my wife It is great in low light (street lights) from what I could tell. I would definitely say go for it if you are on a bit of a budget.
2 questions:
1- Does the 805/806 have enough cord to wire to the battery in the trunk?
2- Does the mini work with the Multi safer system for wiring?

Thanks!
      04-09-2015, 04:31 PM   #34
configt
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppy6698 View Post
2 questions:

Thanks!
1 - Not sure, I have not yet ordered or installed the one for my wife's car
2 - Absolutely. It uses a simple cig lighter outlet connection. That socket is provided by the Multi safer system.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2015, 06:34 PM   #35
bbbenwilliamson
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
LOL!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2015, 11:30 AM   #36
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by configt View Post
2 questions:

Thanks!
1. No the chord will not reach into the trunk unless you solder additional wiring and I would NEVER recommend you wiring anything to your battery! Go to the fuse box and use your home link fuse with an add a fuse.

But you can avoid all this, because they simply give you a long enough 12v adapter plug that can go into your kick panel under the dash and route up though the A pillar without any cutting, taping. Just simple stowing. Take a peek under there you'll find an additional 12v adapter not just the one in the console.

2. I believeI can. Many members run the multi saver. The mini 803/805 should be no different.
      04-10-2015, 06:45 PM   #37
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

Quote:
+1

<-- Roll over The Fn Man
      04-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #38
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
1. No the chord will not reach into the trunk unless you solder additional wiring and I would NEVER recommend you wiring anything to your battery! Go to the fuse box and use your home link fuse with an add a fuse.

But you can avoid all this, because they simply give you a long enough 12v adapter plug that can go into your kick panel under the dash and route up though the A pillar without any cutting, taping. Just simple stowing. Take a peek under there you'll find an additional 12v adapter not just the one in the console.

2. I believeI can. Many members run the multi saver. The mini 803/805 should be no different.
My mistake, meant to say the fuse box. The only ones I have seen in the 2 series are in the trunk. Will have to see if we have some closer to the front. Luckily I have not needed the camera ... yet.