THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum How the F20 1 Series Would Look With 2 Series Styling

06-12-2013, 11:10 PM   #23
UsualSuspect
Lieutenant General ***
United_States
Rep
Drives: this way and that way...

Much better.
      06-12-2013, 11:29 PM   #24
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Facelifts or LCi s commence when the car approaches mid life - the 1er despite new competitors and despite individual opinions from "enthusiasts" the car is still a strong seller, thanks to its uniqueness in that segment to offer RWD and for a lot of 1er customers that is preferred.

There has never been a BMW that has been hurriedly facelifted because of individual opinion. For many that state the E65 was quickly facelifted only has to investigate that's its facelift occurred in 2005 at its mid-life.
The 1er will be facelifted in 2014. Its mid life before changeover to new UKL matrix in 2017.
Scott, I am a BMW fan,however, here, on this forum, we are like in the family, we can wash the laundry, let's be honest (that includes you as well) this 1 series is one UGLY car. Please do not hide behind the bush, your explanation doesn't work for me, you are hurting our intelligence. Everywhere you read, people have the same opinion: this is one ugly car not to mention the design does not show the BMW look, if you take the badge off, you can call it a Daewoo.

Even if it would not sell, they will still refuse to admit the truth. The car sells because it is small, taxes in Europe are big, parking is a problem and the car still has the BMW ADN inside. But the truth beeing told, the people ACCEPTED the car, LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT, but very very few ( regardless I never heard one) bought the car because the look was ravashing. Comon, just look at it... What a failure.... I have few friends that own or lease the car in Europe, they all choose it for different reasons, but none because of the look.

It is not like X6 that some don't like and some love it.. BTW, I love X6...
If I will be in the BMW design team, I will fight for every product to be pure BMW that will show from every angle that it is a BMW. Other companies will die to own few design characteristics that BMW owns and that omits to add in its lately designs. They can be updated and used with great results.
Too bad, they can shine above almost evryone...

Last edited by Teutonic; 06-12-2013 at 11:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 01:22 AM   #25
scargizmo
Rep
Drives: 135ic 2010 manual

The edited headlight does so much for 1-series look. It will never be called little fuhrer again)

The size of 2-series is what bothering me. Is looks quite large and a bit cumbersome, non? The rear seems to grow a lot since 1-coupe.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #26
MikeRR
First Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2016 BMW M2  [0.00]
Dont count on a LCI before next spring.
And personally I think it looks quite good with the M Sport package.
The thing is most of you have never ever seen one in person.
The Audi looks sooo dull besides it.

Anyway I am biased as I ordered a M135i recently. *lol*
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 03:03 AM   #27
Thurman Murch
Lieutenant
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: M3

It does look nontraditional but neat and I like the 2 series changes... I like the lower fascia of the 2

Hatches are fun and they have utility

It's like me saying BMW should never sell anything less than am M car because the rest are ugly and cheap
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 07:16 AM   #28
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

"Keep in mind also that its a strong seller compared to what?
Lets wait and see how it sells after the A3 sedan and the CLA hit the market"

Yes have you not seen the reviews for the CLA or indeed the AMG model they are not the groundbreakers they are made out to be , dynamically . According to Autobild the AMG is good for straight line speed and that is all. And what if the A3 Sedan has the same dynamics and steering issues as the A3 Hatch and Sportback?

The 1er is actually holding up well against the A-Klasse and A3.

The CLA and the A3 sedan will have to contend with the 2er Coupe until the Gran Coupe arrives.
      06-13-2013, 08:07 AM   #29
the1andonly
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: black on black 128i manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Scott, I am a BMW fan,however, here, on this forum, we are like in the family, we can wash the laundry, let's be honest (that includes you as well) this 1 series is one UGLY car. Please do not hide behind the bush, your explanation doesn't work for me, you are hurting our intelligence. Everywhere you read, people have the same opinion: this is one ugly car not to mention the design does not show the BMW look, if you take the badge off, you can call it a Daewoo.

Even if it would not sell, they will still refuse to admit the truth. The car sells because it is small, taxes in Europe are big, parking is a problem and the car still has the BMW ADN inside. But the truth beeing told, the people ACCEPTED the car, LEARN TO LIVE WITH IT, but very very few ( regardless I never heard one) bought the car because the look was ravashing. Comon, just look at it... What a failure.... I have few friends that own or lease the car in Europe, they all choose it for different reasons, but none because of the look.

It is not like X6 that some don't like and some love it.. BTW, I love X6...
If I will be in the BMW design team, I will fight for every product to be pure BMW that will show from every angle that it is a BMW. Other companies will die to own few design characteristics that BMW owns and that omits to add in its lately designs. They can be updated and used with great results.
Too bad, they can shine above almost evryone...
When you say the 1 series is an ugly car, please don't tell me you are talking about the original E82 coupe. Its a polarizing design but certainly not ugly. the small compact size, exaggerated fenders, great stance....it has aged VERY well considering this was designed in 2004-2006. The new 2 series looks much much worse, only because its lost that originality of the E82 and is now just a smaller 3-4 series...Ill be hanging on to my 128i for a long time
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 10:24 AM   #30
US///M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 1973 Jensen Interceptor

It looks great, I've seen the F20 in real life in Prague, it looked pretty good too.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #31
marcva
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M345

BMW noses in general

I just wish they'd flip over that Mazda smile in front of the radiator to make a more malevolent shark mouth. Perhaps that's reserved for the true M cars? I suppose some industrial psychologist ran focus groups and found that a broader demographic preferred the happy face. And what's the point of building cars if you can't appeal to as broad a demographic as possible...just ask Porsche.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #32
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Facelifts or LCi s commence when the car approaches mid life - the 1er despite new competitors and despite individual opinions from "enthusiasts" the car is still a strong seller, thanks to its uniqueness in that segment to offer RWD and for a lot of 1er customers that is preferred.

There has never been a BMW that has been hurriedly facelifted because of individual opinion. For many that state the E65 was quickly facelifted only has to investigate that's its facelift occurred in 2005 at its mid-life.
The 1er will be facelifted in 2014. Its mid life before changeover to new UKL matrix in 2017.
You say "enthusiast" like it is a 4 letter word.

Remember, without people like us, your marketing efforts wouldn't mean sh*t.

Just sayin...

By the way, just because something sells well doesn't mean there aren't components of the whole that can be improved. The front end being a prime example. It really goes beyond funky to just fugly...
      06-13-2013, 03:35 PM   #33
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

I think the M135i hatch looks beautiful and that the 2er/1er coupe is oddly proportioned.

Seriously though.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 03:58 AM   #34
MikeyV
Captain
Rep
Drives: Audi A6 Avant & A1 Sportback

Quote:
Which isn't what you (sure it was you Scott) posted last year which went along the lines of 80% of 1 series customers don't know which end of their car is driven, according to BMW's own research.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #35
John_01
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

I didn't think this would work, but actually its a big improvement.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 06:49 AM   #36
Hornady
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 330d

When can i buy this better looking 1er or 2er?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 06:51 AM   #37
Hornady
Banned
Rep

Quote:
"Keep in mind also that its a strong seller compared to what?
Lets wait and see how it sells after the A3 sedan and the CLA hit the market"

Yes have you not seen the reviews for the CLA or indeed the AMG model they are not the groundbreakers they are made out to be , dynamically . According to Autobild the AMG is good for straight line speed and that is all. And what if the A3 Sedan has the same dynamics and steering issues as the A3 Hatch and Sportback?

The 1er is actually holding up well against the A-Klasse and A3.

The CLA and the A3 sedan will have to contend with the 2er Coupe until the Gran Coupe arrives.
Im pretty sure the A45 AMG beats the M135i in all aspects of driving according to reviews. But it is way more expensive.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #38
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornady View Post
Im pretty sure the A45 AMG beats the M135i in all aspects of driving according to reviews. But it is way more expensive.
I would say that the M135i is outclassed by the A45 purely because they are not direct competitors so of course the more powerful and expensive A-Klasse will prevail.

Lets come back to this once the M2 is here.
      07-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #39
Hornady
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I would say that the M135i is outclassed by the A45 purely because they are not direct competitors so of course the more powerful and expensive A-Klasse will prevail.

Lets come back to this once the M2 is here.
Thats easy to say when there is no M2. Also i highly doubt the M2 will be £38k

M3 is now near £60k and i highly doubt we will see the M2 debut as low as £38k

Im betting that the M2 will be 8k more expensive than the A45 which is 8k more expensive than the M135i.

Im not seeing where all this additional money is being spent personally. Its looking likely that all 3 cars are going to be running on a 6 pot turbo 3.0L

Its becoming £40k,£50k,£60k just for the M2,3,4 badge on the back of the car. Sure BMW might throw in quad exhaust but you can get those standard on an S3 now too.

Im waiting to see what is going to be "special" about the new M cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2014, 07:05 PM   #40
HAMDAN1000
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135I

I'm about to do that conversion to my M135i

I'm about to convert my M135i and put the M235i on it will post pics when it's done in about 2 weeks
Appreciate 0