THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes Paragon P2 Brake Pad Interest?

View Poll Results: Are you interested in the paragon p2 brake pads and would purchase them?
Yes 2 50.00%
No 2 50.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

01-07-2024, 03:01 AM   #1
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Paragon P2 Brake Pad Interest?

Hey guys, I just had a question for anyone interested in low dust brake pads. I know that the Akebono euro ceramic brake pads are pretty popular with alot of bmw owners on here because they produce little to no brake dust. However, I know that alot of users also don't like them because they fade way too quickly even on spirited driving and don't really offer a very good initial bite.

Upon speaking to Paragon brakes I think there may potentially be a significantly better alternative brake compound to the akebono's and other low dust ceramic brake pads - and this is the paragon p2 brake pad. These p2 brake pads are based off of winmax's brake pad compounds and I assume these are very similar if not just a rebranded winmax w2 pad. So for those of you who don't know what the W2's are, they are extremely extremely good and well reknowned pads in the JDM car world (I came from the FRS world and that is where I experienced alot of winmax pads, but I didn't get the chance to try the W2's but I have heard they are excellent) and the W2's are supposedly the best low dust street pads you can get. They offer extremely low noise (supposed to be OEM levels) and low dusting (on the level of ceramic pads) but they offer significantly better initial bite compared to alternative ceramic pads with a whopping ~0.43-0.44 coefficent of friction, and are able to retain a relatively high coefficent of friction in respect to temperature. So despite fading they should retain more friction than any alternative ceramic brake pad and not be completely unuseable with hard driving on the street. So pretty much you shouldn't be able to fade these pads to a level where they are unsafe/unuseable on the street.

Here's a graph to show it's coefficent of friction vs. temp:

Credit: paragon https://paragonbrakes.com/paragon-pbp1548-brake-pads/

So the only issue is Paragon doesn't stock these pads because they don't think there is any interest, so that's where you guys come in. If you guys are potentially interested in buying these style of pads reply to this thread and vote in the poll to show paragon your interest. Paragon has told me If enough of you guys want these pads then they'll stock it.
      01-09-2024, 09:41 PM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Ok quick update: Paragon has informed me that they will be ordering a couple sets of P2 pads from winmax Japan. The new pads will take 1-2 months to arrive. I'll keep you guys posted when they arrive, and I do hope to get a set for myself to test and provide additional data for but we will see.

These should be a great option for everyone looking for a low dust pad that should ideally outperform the akebonos and are cheaper than other low dust brake pad alternatives.
Mike F.103.00
      02-28-2024, 06:35 PM   #3
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

I got an email from Paragon last night and they told me the P2 pads have arrived. It doesn't show as in stock on their website yet but the pads are indeed at Paragon's warehouse. So if anyone wants to purchase a set, I believe you can do so now.
Mike F.103.00