THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Suspension | Chassis | Brakes M240i X drive Spring Options

12-29-2023, 05:53 PM   #1
fastlaser92
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i X drive

M240i X drive Spring Options

Looking to install springs on my 2020 BMW 240i Xdrive. I'm pretty much torn between H&R sport springs and Dinan Springs. It seems the H&R Springs provide a 1" drop all around and the Dinan Provide a 1" in the rear and 3/4" in the front.

Are the H&Rs a problem and to low for the car? Just looking for a slight drop and don't want issues with bottoming out.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2024, 01:37 PM   #2
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

One is level and the other gives the vehicle a rake. As long as your dampers are working properly and your secondary spring is intact most aftermarket sport springs don't usually bottom out.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2024, 09:20 PM   #3
O Stater
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlaser92 View Post
Looking to install springs on my 2020 BMW 240i Xdrive. I'm pretty much torn between H&R sport springs and Dinan Springs. It seems the H&R Springs provide a 1" drop all around and the Dinan Provide a 1" in the rear and 3/4" in the front.

Are the H&Rs a problem and to low for the car? Just looking for a slight drop and don't want issues with bottoming out.
I got a set of Eibach's from AutoID in the UK (they aren't available in the US) and they dropped the car about 5/8" or so but they drive like OE. Love em. I'd post a pic but I don't know how on this platform.
Appreciate 0