THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning FBO/JB4 Torco (Accelerator)

04-04-2017, 04:37 AM   #1
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M235i Xdrive

FBO/JB4 Torco (Accelerator)

2015 M235XI
FBO/F Series JB4 w EWG/FF Latest firmware(v11)
92 Pump+Torco

I know ill need to post some logs WOT 3rd gear but I didnt have time that day and will post on N54 when possible. Anyways, I threw in some Torco Accelerator mixed with 10g 92 pump (shell v-power).. This should have put me in the 103 ballpark. Ran the car 30mins on MAP5 and did a few pulls while cruising to allow for adaptation. Once I had the car nice and adjusted I met up for some 1/4 mi races. Heres where I put it in MAP7 and let her go. I know I should have logged first but I thought what the heck, ill check the logs later after a few runs. The car ran extremely well, and well lets say I could see a Chevy SS, and Camaro Z71(headers) in the rear view.

I came here to post up my experience and wanted to hear from others with experience running Torco(accelerator) and JB4? Should I stick to MAP7 or is this to aggressive? After looking at my logs all the values looked normal to me but Im worried if MAP7 is to aggressive for my Fuel Pumps and or stock turbo? Any issues running the Torco every couple weeks?

Graph shown for any feedback.(from DIG)
JB4 showed max boost at 19-20psi. (Bad for stock turbo??)

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 05:34 PM   #2
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

You want to look at your fuel trims and hpfp values. I was running map 7 for a while fbo w3.2 gallons of e85.

My fuel pump was straining a little bit but not terribly. If your trims are reading 49 for a portion of time or if your hpfp drops below 11 you may have issues.

I was hitting 17.5 psi and it felt pretty beast.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 10:36 PM   #3
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwilson125 View Post
You want to look at your fuel trims and hpfp values. I was running map 7 for a while fbo w3.2 gallons of e85.

My fuel pump was straining a little bit but not terribly. If your trims are reading 49 for a portion of time or if your hpfp drops below 11 you may have issues.

I was hitting 17.5 psi and it felt pretty beast.
Thanks for the feedback. The logs look great from what I can read and ive already submitted to N54. Trims are between 30 and 40 and the hpfp 15-18s.

MAP7 sure does feel pretty beast and and the car has never had an issue. Im just concerned for the stock turbo, im not sure if 18-20psi is pushing to much when I run from a dig.

Can anyone say if I were to run this setup/fuel and purchase a meth kit it would be to aggressive? Im guessing I would run map3 then but would meth + 103 be to aggressive for the turbo? I would only be interested in adding meth for top end increase?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 06:37 AM   #4
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenVoX View Post
Thanks for the feedback. The logs look great from what I can read and ive already submitted to N54. Trims are between 30 and 40 and the hpfp 15-18s.

MAP7 sure does feel pretty beast and and the car has never had an issue. Im just concerned for the stock turbo, im not sure if 18-20psi is pushing to much when I run from a dig.

Can anyone say if I were to run this setup/fuel and purchase a meth kit it would be to aggressive? Im guessing I would run map3 then but would meth + 103 be to aggressive for the turbo? I would only be interested in adding meth for top end increase?
I just purchased a meth kit and will be running map 3 with e35 in the tank. Currently I am having an issue. From what I understand 21-22 psi is maxing the turbo out. I believe map 3 targets 18-20 depending on meth flow.

I am not sure how running 20 psi is for the stock turbo longevity wise, maybe someone will chime in on that?

As fast as adding methanol you are not only increasing octane, but also cooling. From what I understand you could be running the same psi, but with better timing and get more power and a better power curve.
Appreciate 1
FSociety3812.50
      04-05-2017, 06:42 AM   #5
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=SerenVoX;21515627]2015 M235XI
92 Pump+Torco

I know ill need to post some logs WOT 3rd gear but I didnt have time that day and will post on N54 when possible. Anyways, I threw in some Torco Accelerator mixed with 10g 92 pump (shell v-power).. This should have put me in the 103 ballpark. Ran the car 30mins on MAP5 and did a few pulls while cruising to allow for adaptation. Once I had the car nice and adjusted I met up for some 1/4 mi races. Heres where I put it in MAP7 and let her go. I know I should have logged first but I thought what the heck, ill check the logs later after a few runs. The car ran extremely well, and well lets say I could see a Chevy SS, and Camaro Z71(headers) in the rear view.

What years were the Camaro and ss? I'm trying to get an idea how I'll run against my buddies c7. He's been busting my balls ever since he got it.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #6
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

[QUOTE=jmwilson125;21521269]
Quote:
2015 M235XI
92 Pump+Torco

What years were the Camaro and ss? I'm trying to get an idea how I'll run against my buddies c7. He's been busting my balls ever since he got it.
Not sure what year Camaro but it looked like 2015 or newer, very clean! Just so happens I ran my first C7 that day as well

**(Just gonna disclose that there are zero tracks in this area and these races are well organized on a private road. Just enjoy the video please. )**

2015 M235XI FBO/JB4 VS.

2015 C7 V8 Supercharged (LT4) Stock
CHEVY SS (Stock)
Camaro Z28 (Headers)

Last edited by SerenVoX; 04-07-2017 at 01:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 04:48 PM   #7
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=SerenVoX;21522560]
Quote:

Not sure what year Camaro but it looked like 2015 or newer, very clean! Just so happens I ran my first C7 that day as well

**(Just gonna disclose that there are zero tracks in this area and these races are well organized on a private road. Just enjoy the video please. )**

2015 M235XI FBO/JB4 VS.

2015 C7 V8 Supercharged (LT4) Stock
CHEVY SS (Stock)
Camaro Z28 (Headers)

Awesome! I'm rwd and he is not supercharged. The only reason we haven't raced yet is for the same reason, no controlled environment. Also at this point I think we are both kind of afraid to because whoever is slower is going to get shit on by the other. And I'm done work power mods and he doesn't want to go forced induction, at least not yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 09:59 PM   #8
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

[QUOTE=jmwilson125;21524156]
Quote:

Awesome! I'm rwd and he is not supercharged. The only reason we haven't raced yet is for the same reason, no controlled environment. Also at this point I think we are both kind of afraid to because whoever is slower is going to get shit on by the other. And I'm done work power mods and he doesn't want to go forced induction, at least not yet.
A little shit talking all in good fun! Once you guys find the right place, go for it! Would love to see a vid! Have you put your car on the Dyno with the WMI/FBO/JB4? Would be interesting to see numbers and would really push me to Dyno mine for comparison. I agree, meth is a the better option than running Torco all the time.. However right now this is the DD and Ive heard meth is finicky for DDs? Eventually I will go stg2 and PI. Not soon enough tho, $$$.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 06:42 AM   #9
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

[QUOTE=SerenVoX;21525308]
Quote:

A little shit talking all in good fun! Once you guys find the right place, go for it! Would love to see a vid! Have you put your car on the Dyno with the WMI/FBO/JB4? Would be interesting to see numbers and would really push me to Dyno mine for comparison. I agree, meth is a the better option than running Torco all the time.. However right now this is the DD and Ive heard meth is finicky for DDs? Eventually I will go stg2 and PI. Not soon enough tho, $$$.
Yeah I've known the kid my whole life first it was my stock Corolla vs his grand pre with intake, then he upgraded to an g35 with exhaust and intake, then I upgraded to the m235, now he's got the c7. Kind of a friendly arms race. I'm kinda hoping that me fbo with meth is the same speed so we can stop hahahaha. If not I'm gonna have to start saving for the 911 turbo. Maybe in 20 years haha!

I have not put it on. The dyno yet. I'd like to, but to do it properly I'd like to do 3 runs on each map and take an average of each. I'd rather just save my money at that point though. Spending hundreds for a couple prints outs of numbers is not in my list of things to do right now.
Appreciate 1
SerenVoX146.00
      04-06-2017, 08:51 PM   #10
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Quote:

Yeah I've known the kid my whole life first it was my stock Corolla vs his grand pre with intake, then he upgraded to an g35 with exhaust and intake, then I upgraded to the m235, now he's got the c7. Kind of a friendly arms race. I'm kinda hoping that me fbo with meth is the same speed so we can stop hahahaha. If not I'm gonna have to start saving for the 911 turbo. Maybe in 20 years haha!

I have not put it on. The dyno yet. I'd like to, but to do it properly I'd like to do 3 runs on each map and take an average of each. I'd rather just save my money at that point though. Spending hundreds for a couple prints outs of numbers is not in my list of things to do right now.
The dyno is not just for numbers or bragging rights, its also to see where you making power and where its falling off in a safer environment than street logging. Also being able to Dyno full 4th and 5th gear on the controlled environment will help you dialing in any tune you trying to achieve.

Baseline + Tune = Delta is what you're looking for

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 05:47 AM   #11
jmwilson125
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSociety View Post
The dyno is not just for numbers or bragging rights, its also to see where you making power and where its falling off in a safer environment than street logging. Also being able to Dyno full 4th and 5th gear on the controlled environment will help you dialing in any tune you trying to achieve.

Baseline + Tune = Delta is what you're looking for
Yes that is the reason that I would do it. But I am not going to run a custom tune. So it kinda is what it is if everything is running properly which you can mostly hell from logs.

Don't get me wrong. I'd love to do it I just don't want to spend the cash. In my mind the wat to do it would be 3 runs stock, 3 in map 2, 3 in map 3, and 3 in map 7. Then take the average of each set. That would be a lot of dyno time.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2017, 09:27 AM   #12
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
Even if you're not running a Custom Tune, dyno is still safer than the inconsistency you get from street logging. Plus on the dyno you will be able to achieve it quicker because you can turn off car cool off analyze log and continue. I've been street logging JB4 before and finding empty road, etc etc makes it harder and longer.

But hey its your money and your car , plenty of ppl wondering why their car is losing or not making proper power band because all they think is street log is what they need. Just think about it, how do you think some Tuners (the good ones) develop their solid tunes? is 99% on the controlled environment and then taking it to the street to see how it feels afterwards.

Tuning is not to cheap out on (everyone buys FBO parts right, so why cheap out on a Dyno), and I'm not talking going to Dyno for 3 pulls where you can pay the same to rent dyno for 1hr. If you're adding in Meth do it the right. Rent a dyno for 1-2hrs and you'll be happy.

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 0