THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning VRSF FMIC impressions

03-27-2017, 06:15 PM   #221
goodNIGHT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

The simple solution was just to transfer the o-ring from the OEM chargepipe to the vrsf chargepipe near the throttle body. now everything is snug and the car is happy. I'm very happy with everything. there were no problems with the fit of any of the pieces. everything aligned well (except the radiator tabs).

after a little bit of driving - there is a noticeable increase in throttle response and the car goes from vacuum to boost much quicker.

I'll try to get this car on a dyno and track some iats. but I feel this will impress anyone who is thinking of getting the vrsf combo.
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00
      03-28-2017, 04:26 PM   #222
Daleb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodNIGHT View Post
The simple solution was just to transfer the o-ring from the OEM chargepipe to the vrsf chargepipe near the throttle body. now everything is snug and the car is happy. I'm very happy with everything. there were no problems with the fit of any of the pieces. everything aligned well (except the radiator tabs).

after a little bit of driving - there is a noticeable increase in throttle response and the car goes from vacuum to boost much quicker.

I'll try to get this car on a dyno and track some iats. but I feel this will impress anyone who is thinking of getting the vrsf combo.
It would be good if you could get some IAT data for this 5" IC, multigear would be ideal. All the HD info seems to be for the 6" race IC so far.

Glad the install went well, I'll most likely go for this IC too but want to make sure it it will do the job
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2017, 08:38 PM   #223
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M235i Man FBO

So i installed the VRSF Race intercooler and VRSF charge pipe today. I removed the bumper and pulled brake vents as others have stated. I did not take the radiator loose but did pull the fan upwards. I could not get the main duct with the new intercooler and the bottom of the fan was hitting the end tanks making it difficult to restart the single screw that attaches fan to radiator. From what i observed there would need to be trimming to the main duct that funnels air into the intercooler/radiator to make it fit. As i stated, i removed this as it was contacting the intercooler in the top and bottom corners pushing the main ductwork towards the front of the car. This could have been my error, although i saw no other alternative other than leaving the bumper off. All in all the install went ok. CP fit well with connection at intercooler bring very tight but its back together. I would also note that i blew out the intercooler with compressed air before installing and got some descent aluminum shavings and pieces out of the intercooler. I will chime in with results on driving once this shit rain leaves.
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00
      04-03-2017, 05:13 PM   #224
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drpoomanchu View Post
So i installed the VRSF Race intercooler and VRSF charge pipe today. I removed the bumper and pulled brake vents as others have stated. I did not take the radiator loose but did pull the fan upwards. I could not get the main duct with the new intercooler and the bottom of the fan was hitting the end tanks making it difficult to restart the single screw that attaches fan to radiator. From what i observed there would need to be trimming to the main duct that funnels air into the intercooler/radiator to make it fit. As i stated, i removed this as it was contacting the intercooler in the top and bottom corners pushing the main ductwork towards the front of the car. This could have been my error, although i saw no other alternative other than leaving the bumper off. All in all the install went ok. CP fit well with connection at intercooler bring very tight but its back together. I would also note that i blew out the intercooler with compressed air before installing and got some descent aluminum shavings and pieces out of the intercooler. I will chime in with results on driving once this shit rain leaves.
Goods tips! Get those logs
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #225
Tamim3
Private
Rep
Drives: GT-R

Im so pissed know. Drove to another city. Booked 4 hours at a shop. Remove stock IC and CP and all other parts to acess them.
The diameter on the ER CP is to small. The stock CP fit whitout a problem. But ER is 2-3 mm to small. So i payed gasoline and the shop and then They had to reinstall all stock parts.

The company i bought everything from told me they will fit.
My car is a xdrive. Know lets se how they solve my problem
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      04-05-2017, 04:42 PM   #226
Tamim3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipphreak View Post
Before you install them, check the fitment of the charge pipe to the intercooler outlet. It should slide all the way up that the slot in the chargepipe for the c-clip lines up with notch on the chargepipe outlet. Don't forgot to transfer the upper and lower o-rings from the OEM chargepipe

Paul
Wish i told this to the shop before my nightmare today.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 05:01 PM   #227
Tamim3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipphreak View Post
Update:

I got my new ER Chargepipe for my auto/xdrive m235xi. Thanks mike@x-ph.com

Unfortunately what i found out is not good. The VRSF Race intercooler has a slightly larger OD that prevents the metal chargepipes from seating properly. I have an email over to Tiago@VRSF. Disappointed slightly, first the radiator tabs don't line up, and now this. It's hard to see on the ER pipe (top picture), the slot shown is where the clip goes, and there is a groove on the IC where it sits. It get's stuck on a lip here, and doesn't go the rest of the way to line up. The bottom picture (VRSF pipe) is more noticeable as it stops right at the lip before the groove. Still no way to fit them, too much material on the outlet pipe it seems.

Attachment 1543736

Attachment 1543738

Did you try the to fit the stock CP to the Vrfs IC?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2017, 08:08 PM   #228
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamim3 View Post
Im so pissed know. Drove to another city. Booked 4 hours at a shop. Remove stock IC and CP and all other parts to acess them.
The diameter on the ER CP is to small. The stock CP fit whitout a problem. But ER is 2-3 mm to small. So i payed gasoline and the shop and then They had to reinstall all stock parts.

The company i bought everything from told me they will fit.
My car is a xdrive. Know lets se how they solve my problem
This is no good, hopefully you get this resolved. In another thread you wrote that you were installing these with a friend that was a mechanic. What made you decide to proceed with a shop..?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 01:59 AM   #229
Tamim3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drpoomanchu View Post
This is no good, hopefully you get this resolved. In another thread you wrote that you were installing these with a friend that was a mechanic. What made you decide to proceed with a shop..?

He didnt have the time. He helped me install the DP.
If stock CP fits the VRFS IC then the ER should fit to. But its to small.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 10:09 AM   #230
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

My OEM charge pipe and VRSF unit fit without issue. I think the tolerances on the ER unit are just a bit tighter. Wouldn't take much to hone it out few thou?
      04-06-2017, 10:59 AM   #231
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep

My VRSF Charge pipe was very tight to VRSF Race outlet. Clearances were much tighter than OEM. Pipe was not in a bind and rubber gasket was lubricated. I dry fitted before install and was definitely a tight fit. Male and female fitting did not seem out of round.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 02:54 PM   #232
Tamim3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan86 View Post
My OEM charge pipe and VRSF unit fit without issue. I think the tolerances on the ER unit are just a bit tighter. Wouldn't take much to hone it out few thou?

I dont think it will help. They tried diffrent methods but still it didnt fit.
They tried also whitout the rubber gasket.

The vendor who shipped my $2200 order should have test fitted the CP to IC when I asked several times about the fitment.

I had to drive back without my bumper and because of the wind my inner fender wheelhousing was hitting the tyre and got melted. So I need to buy a new one $60. I have lost a $300 on this. This is not all. I will see how the vendor handles this problem now.

Anyone heard about FTP CP for xdrive?
Appreciate 1
FSociety3810.00
      04-06-2017, 03:05 PM   #233
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I dont think it will help. They tried diffrent methods but still it didnt fit.
They tried also whitout the rubber gasket.

The vendor who shipped my $2200 order should have test fitted the CP to IC when I asked several times about the fitment.

I had to drive back without my bumper and because of the wind my inner fender wheelhousing was hitting the tyre and got melted. So I need to buy a new one $60. I have lost a $300 on this. This is not all. I will see how the vendor handles this problem now.

Anyone heard about FTP CP for xdrive?
That sucks, man.. I can only imagine you're dealing with VRSF directly at this point, and from my experience they'll take care of you. Unfortunately, it sounds like a bit of a break in communication that they were asked to check prior-to shipping, and maybe did not? At the end of the day, inspect what you expect, and never assume.

Keep us posted on the outcome!

D
      04-06-2017, 04:48 PM   #234
Tamim3
Private
Rep

Quote:
That sucks, man.. I can only imagine you're dealing with VRSF directly at this point, and from my experience they'll take care of you. Unfortunately, it sounds like a bit of a break in communication that they were asked to check prior-to shipping, and maybe did not? At the end of the day, inspect what you expect, and never assume.

Keep us posted on the outcome!

D
The problem is not VRSF IC. It is ER CP the diameter is to small.
The stock CP fits the VRSF IC.
I didnt bought my parts from VRSF or ER.
But the vendor has told me he will cover my costs but not all.
We will see when they make the refund.
I will order FTP CP or wait on VRSF
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00
      04-07-2017, 09:33 AM   #235
FSociety
IG @bmwF9xG80
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, X4M, G07 X7m50

Garage List
2023 BMW G80 M3  [0.00]
2020 BMW X4MC  [0.00]
16' BMW X4 M40i  [10.00]
06 Cadillac STS  [0.00]
I have stock CP on CTS Turbo mic I'm xDrive, my friend F30_SixSpeed has CTS Turbo fmic & ER CP on his RWD. And GTBrandon has CTS fmic on FTP charge pipe on xDrive.
Mike. is also on same IC and CP no issues.

No issues to report on our side.

IG: @bmwF9XG80

Appreciate 1
GTBrandon260.00
      04-09-2017, 06:09 AM   #236
Tamim3
Private
Rep

Ordered a FTP CP hope it will fit well.
If it does I will write a reveiw.
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00
      04-14-2017, 08:56 AM   #237
Drpoomanchu
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ordered a FTP CP hope it will fit well.
If it does I will write a reveiw.
You should link your review to this post and let us know how the race IC is working out...
Appreciate 1
Dylan861330.00
      04-14-2017, 09:39 AM   #238
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Picking up my car today, should be able to get some logs done this weekend. So excited, been the longest 6 months, ever!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 01:34 PM   #239
Tamim3
Private
Rep

FTP CP review
http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1373776

FTP CP works great with this IC. IC takes maximum 1 hour to install on lift.
CP took 2 hours for my shop to install.
Appreciate 1
      04-14-2017, 05:00 PM   #240
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Picking up my car today, should be able to get some logs done this weekend. So excited, been the longest 6 months, ever!

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2017, 07:14 PM   #241
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep

No logs today..

Happy to report though, with about 18-20*c outside the IAT's were in the 14-16*c range at WOT from 4-6k and dropping. Just got the JB4 hooked up before it started pouring so I'll show some logs tomorrow.. I know the temps will climb with the hot weather but that's a great starting point IMO. Throttle response combined with the CP is very noticeable, it's better for sure. I had a lot to get used to today, the power, suspension, lca's, new rubber. Was like a whole new car!

Here are some more pics of the final product,

Last edited by Dylan86; 04-14-2017 at 07:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 04:02 PM   #242
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Butchered this using ms paint but you get the picture.. let me know what your thoughts are.

D
Appreciate 0