THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning On the Needle - Finally Went Dinan...

04-05-2017, 04:46 PM   #23
BadAstroknot
Rep
Drives: 2016 Black M235i xDrive

Congrats on the upgrades! Matt at Thompson is awesome. He helped me pick the right upgrades - I did Dinan: Stage II, CAI, Exhaust, & Resonator Delete + IND reflectors & diffuser. Very happy with the decision.
      04-05-2017, 07:58 PM   #24
wdlfbio
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 4S, 2015 3500 HD Dually,

I went from a 2012 E92 335xi w JB4 to a 2016 235i, then added DINAN Stage 2 at 1,200 miles. Very fun difference. Added the FabSpeed Sportcat at 11k miles and enjoy the sound and throttle response even more . Swapping my winter shoes for the stock PSS this weekend. I'm sure they will grip far better. The winters have a very tough time not breaking loose.
Appreciate 1
      04-05-2017, 08:28 PM   #25
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAstroknot View Post
Congrats on the upgrades! Matt at Thompson is awesome. He helped me pick the right upgrades - I did Dinan: Stage II, CAI, Exhaust, & Resonator Delete + IND reflectors & diffuser. Very happy with the decision.
I'm doing everything you did except the resonator delete although I'd love to hear it in person. Getting MPE instead as soon as my $300 voucher from BMW shows up. You going to his cars and coffee?

I've gotten pretty friendly with some of the corporate Dinan guys they think very highly of Matt. That can't be a bad thing in the event of a warranty issue coming up. Don't think the same could be said buying from some of the low price Internet only slash and burn guys.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 04:13 PM   #26
BadAstroknot
Rep
Drives: 2016 Black M235i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
I'm doing everything you did except the resonator delete although I'd love to hear it in person. Getting MPE instead as soon as my $300 voucher from BMW shows up. You going to his cars and coffee?

I've gotten pretty friendly with some of the corporate Dinan guys they think very highly of Matt. That can't be a bad thing in the event of a warranty issue coming up. Don't think the same could be said buying from some of the low price Internet only slash and burn guys.
I responded to your PM - sorry, I dunno why I don't get alerts for threads responses - could've sworn I am subscribed. Anyway, yep I will be at cars and coffee. Yeah, Matt and I had to actually use the Warranty early on. The car was throwing codes and a check engine light would come on and my car's throttle response was restricted. It was strange. I would park the car, turn it off, and turn it back on, and it was clear. But he called Dinan and they replaced it no problem and I've had no problems since.
      04-10-2017, 01:22 PM   #27
Benandluna
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 x3 m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAstroknot View Post
I responded to your PM - sorry, I dunno why I don't get alerts for threads responses - could've sworn I am subscribed. Anyway, yep I will be at cars and coffee. Yeah, Matt and I had to actually use the Warranty early on. The car was throwing codes and a check engine light would come on and my car's throttle response was restricted. It was strange. I would park the car, turn it off, and turn it back on, and it was clear. But he called Dinan and they replaced it no problem and I've had no problems since.
Awesome. I would suggest adding a fabspeed sport cat

2016 BSM M235i: Fully loaded.
Dinan Stage II Tune, Dinan CAI, Fabspeed Sport Cat, Fabspeed Muffler Delete.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2017, 12:38 PM   #28
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benandluna View Post
Awesome. I would suggest adding a fabspeed sport cat
^This guy! Thanks Ben!

And I absolutely agree. Our Sport Cat would be a great addition to your mod list for some more power. BadAstroknot check your PMs! I would love to chat more.
Appreciate 0