THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning It's Here! | Fabspeed's M235i Performance Exhaust Line

Closed Thread

02-02-2017, 09:04 AM   #111
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benandluna View Post
awaiting patiently lol....
It looks like it is almost done! Just a little longer and totally worth the wait!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 06:34 PM   #112
Advanced
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

my Fabspeed Sport Cat just came in... seriously very excited right now!!

just waiting for the rest of my exhaust and then i'll install everything all at once.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 10:02 PM   #113
LiuC
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced View Post

just waiting for the rest of my exhaust and then i'll install everything all at once.
Damn that looks hella nice!!! What exhaust system are you pairing the sport cat with?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #114
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Oh yea!! Definitely take some videos of it once you get it bolted up!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 04:09 PM   #115
Advanced
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiuC View Post
Damn that looks hella nice!!! What exhaust system are you pairing the sport cat with?
yup! it is hella nice!!

i'm pairing it with the AWE Tuning midpipe and axle back!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 04:39 PM   #116
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yup! it is hella nice!!

i'm pairing it with the AWE Tuning midpipe and axle back!
That should sound pretty good!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2017, 07:48 PM   #117
Benandluna
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 x3 m40i

Just received my cat. Shes a beauty. wont post anything til its installed. Prob just gonna put together a video.

In all honesty from most people how long should the install take my a professional shop. I know the average joe with enough toools might take a while but how about a bmw shop.

2016 BSM M235i: Fully loaded.
Dinan Stage II Tune, Dinan CAI, Fabspeed Sport Cat, Fabspeed Muffler Delete.
Appreciate 1
      02-10-2017, 09:11 AM   #118
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just received my cat. Shes a beauty. wont post anything til its installed. Prob just gonna put together a video.

In all honesty from most people how long should the install take my a professional shop. I know the average joe with enough toools might take a while but how about a bmw shop.
Oh yea!!

We budget for about 2 hours here for installation but then again we've done so many of them we have it down to a science. I would budget for about 2-3 hours - that should be fair.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 09:30 PM   #119
Benandluna
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
Oh yea!!

We budget for about 2 hours here for installation but then again we've done so many of them we have it down to a science. I would budget for about 2-3 hours - that should be fair.

installing this week!

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 08:33 AM   #120
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:

installing this week!
Oh yeah!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 01:53 PM   #121
Benandluna
Lieutenant
Rep

Ill get some videos posted up within a week. its non stop rain over here in California.

Initial thoughts and review of the hi speed cat and muffler delete install.

Throttle response feels slightly better, and there feels like a bucket of more power to be had at 60-80% WOT. I havent let her rip yet but i want to get to sonoma drag raceway in a week or so.

Muffler Delete. Well its kinda funny actually, because I didnt realize how much louder this is than in videos. It sounds like a beast during a cold start, and in bumper to bumper traffic drone and loudness is fine. City driving seems ok except in slow traffic there is a little drone, thus some vibrations but it isnt insane.

Highway from 60-80 mph is actually not that loud, and i havent heard any drone. perhaps something to do with the 8 speed and where the rpms fall. Zero complaints there.

When you get off the gas before the car upshifts it sounds amazing. I ordered the larger carbon fiber tips, and they look amazing on the car. really gives the car a more sport/aggressive look on BSM. Probably on any color you have.

Appreciate 1
      02-17-2017, 10:13 AM   #122
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ill get some videos posted up within a week. its non stop rain over here in California.

Initial thoughts and review of the hi speed cat and muffler delete install.

Throttle response feels slightly better, and there feels like a bucket of more power to be had at 60-80% WOT. I havent let her rip yet but i want to get to sonoma drag raceway in a week or so.

Muffler Delete. Well its kinda funny actually, because I didnt realize how much louder this is than in videos. It sounds like a beast during a cold start, and in bumper to bumper traffic drone and loudness is fine. City driving seems ok except in slow traffic there is a little drone, thus some vibrations but it isnt insane.

Highway from 60-80 mph is actually not that loud, and i havent heard any drone. perhaps something to do with the 8 speed and where the rpms fall. Zero complaints there.

When you get off the gas before the car upshifts it sounds amazing. I ordered the larger carbon fiber tips, and they look amazing on the car. really gives the car a more sport/aggressive look on BSM. Probably on any color you have.
I'm glad to see you are enjoying it! You definitely opened the car up to some more power. Try not to have too much fun!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 04:51 PM   #123
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

We just had a handful of M235i Sport Cat Downpipes get ordered up. Who's next?! Shoot me a PM for more details.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 05:01 PM   #124
jpnh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport View Post
We just had a handful of M235i Sport Cat Downpipes get ordered up. Who's next?! Shoot me a PM for more details.
Plans for an M240 exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 08:26 AM   #125
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpnh View Post
Plans for an M240 exhaust?
We are currently looking to bring a car in for development and get a product line under way!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2017, 03:43 PM   #126
Benandluna
Lieutenant
Rep

This is really a great set up. I wish the weather was not so shitty so I could get a video up. But you don't need one to enjoy the sport cat. Finally opened her up. For me it's like going from stock to stage 1 to stage 2 to now sport cat. Damn tires keep spinning lol

Appreciate 1
      02-27-2017, 03:07 PM   #127
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is really a great set up. I wish the weather was not so shitty so I could get a video up. But you don't need one to enjoy the sport cat. Finally opened her up. For me it's like going from stock to stage 1 to stage 2 to now sport cat. Damn tires keep spinning lol
That's what we like to hear! Not the poor weather part but the enjoyment you are having with the setup! When the weather does break though, definitely get some videos up!
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2017, 04:07 PM   #128
LiuC
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i

Another review of the FabSpeed Sport CAT for those who are on the fence!

1- I would like to thank Bobby! The order was placed and shipment received within 3 weeks to Canada!!! Great communication and Fantastic customer service!

2- For those who look for power with no CEL, this is it! I was very skeptical of the "power gain" although with no dyno to prove my point, the car revs faster, and when I go 50%-80% throttle in sport mood, boost felt like it hits faster and harder. The car puts me in my seat much more than before.

3- I have the Stock Muffler with the Sport cat, there were not much reviews on line I could find about this set up... so I guess I can be the first to fully review the sound with Stock cat... I tried to limit my budget for the exhaust system, so I wanted to find something for sound and power gain as a package... after making much decision between MPE or a Sport cat (only 1500~cad to spend...so its one or the other). Under the much reviewed MPE + Sport CAT set up… most say it really is the missing link and make the car scream much more with MPE, I was hoping it would do abit more for the stock exhaust… in comfort mood… or any mood… I don’t hear much of a change in the exhaust note… if stock exhaust is 60dB then Stock Exhaust + Sport cat is maybe 65dB … you knida know its there.. but not really. One thing I noticed abit more is the “overrun” crackle and pop, revving at idle (I have auto trans) is abit louder, not by much, maybe 15dB more… and when you slow down after driving there is abit more pop sound from the exhaust but still not much…

4- build quality and ease of install is A++++++++, the build quality is amazing, perfect fit. Install time took me 1hr 45min on the floor of my driveway on a sunny day taking my time.

5-over all conclusion. Due to exchange rate so crappy for Canadians, I want to thank Bobby for hooking me up with discount. if you want performance this down pipe is a must, if you want sound and on a budget…then I suggest you go with MPE or Fabspeed muffler delete… I guess if you run stock muffler and just get a Downpipe, it won’t make your car sound like you have an expensive mod… but all in all I like it, its icing on the cake, the cake is amazing already, just that much better with icing…
Appreciate 1
      02-27-2017, 05:06 PM   #129
ocX3Mcomp
Private
Rep
Drives: OG LBB M2

Could you provide pricing for the sport cat shipped to 90621? Any authorized sellers/installers in Orange County/LA area? Thanks!
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2017, 08:51 AM   #130
walnuttea
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235i, Alpine White

Quote:

1- I would like to thank Bobby! The order was placed and shipment received within 3 weeks to Canada!!! Great communication and Fantastic customer service!

2- For those who look for power with no CEL, this is it! I was very skeptical of the "power gain" although with no dyno to prove my point, the car revs faster, and when I go 50%-80% throttle in sport mood, boost felt like it hits faster and harder. The car puts me in my seat much more than before.

3- I have the Stock Muffler with the Sport cat, there were not much reviews on line I could find about this set up... so I guess I can be the first to fully review the sound with Stock cat... I tried to limit my budget for the exhaust system, so I wanted to find something for sound and power gain as a package... after making much decision between MPE or a Sport cat (only 1500~cad to spend...so its one or the other). Under the much reviewed MPE + Sport CAT set up… most say it really is the missing link and make the car scream much more with MPE, I was hoping it would do abit more for the stock exhaust… in comfort mood… or any mood… I don’t hear much of a change in the exhaust note… if stock exhaust is 60dB then Stock Exhaust + Sport cat is maybe 65dB … you knida know its there.. but not really. One thing I noticed abit more is the “overrun” crackle and pop, revving at idle (I have auto trans) is abit louder, not by much, maybe 15dB more… and when you slow down after driving there is abit more pop sound from the exhaust but still not much…

4- build quality and ease of install is A++++++++, the build quality is amazing, perfect fit. Install time took me 1hr 45min on the floor of my driveway on a sunny day taking my time.

5-over all conclusion. Due to exchange rate so crappy for Canadians, I want to thank Bobby for hooking me up with discount. if you want performance this down pipe is a must, if you want sound and on a budget…then I suggest you go with MPE or Fabspeed muffler delete… I guess if you run stock muffler and just get a Downpipe, it won’t make your car sound like you have an expensive mod… but all in all I like it, its icing on the cake, the cake is amazing already, just that much better with icing…
I second all of these points. I too just very recently installed the sport cat with stock exhaust, and the noise gains are minimal. You definitely get added pops on deceleration, and you also get more pronounced notes when accelerating hard on Sport/Sport+. The driving gains are noticeable however. Much smoother power curve based on my refined butt dyno, and the car feels more alive/less sluggish. Great investment for the price IMO, and again, no CEL. I'll post a short video sometime in the near future just to show noise difference between cold start with/without sport cat.

+1 for Bobby!
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2017, 09:36 AM   #131
Theworldswisestman
Rep
Drives: BMW F82

Hi interested in the Muffler Bypass Exhaust System on it's own as i fear the Sports Cat could ruin any long journeys I plan to make in my F22.

What would shipping be to the UK

What would the best price available on the Muffler Bypass Exhaust System

and just for interest what would be the best price for both the Exhaust and the sports cat?

Cheers
Appreciate 1
      02-28-2017, 10:53 AM   #132
Fabspeed Motorsport
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Thank you for the awesome review and the kind words about my customer service. It has been beyond a pleasure working with you and I look forward to doing more business!

Now it's time for some videos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocM235i View Post
Could you provide pricing for the sport cat shipped to 90621? Any authorized sellers/installers in Orange County/LA area? Thanks!
I can definitely get you set up. I will send you a PM shortly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walnuttea View Post
I second all of these points. I too just very recently installed the sport cat with stock exhaust, and the noise gains are minimal. You definitely get added pops on deceleration, and you also get more pronounced notes when accelerating hard on Sport/Sport+. The driving gains are noticeable however. Much smoother power curve based on my refined butt dyno, and the car feels more alive/less sluggish. Great investment for the price IMO, and again, no CEL. I'll post a short video sometime in the near future just to show noise difference between cold start with/without sport cat.

+1 for Bobby!
Again, thank you so much. Great reviews go a long way especially when they are personalized.

I am looking forward to some videos as well!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread