THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics N55 (M235i) Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Tuning GSR Technik M235i Stage 1 (+65whp/+100wtq, 350whp/400wtq)

06-21-2015, 05:48 PM   #23
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedM235i
Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Just curious, is there or will there be some sort of setting like the Audi tuners enjoy for example like the APR tune, where you can set the tune on or off using a special password?

This way a dealer can't see it in effect and can't be coded over on a update from a dealer. Once you get your car back you simply re enter the code and tune setting desired and off you go.

http://<div class="youtube-playerCon.../iframe></div>
that sounds cool, never heard of that.
Yep available for APR. they can bench flash or flash via obd, but have the same issue we do. It's detectable via dealer say bye to the warranty.
      08-18-2015, 11:28 PM   #24
DfVgyCjmFQnu
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i Auto Coupe

How would your tune compare to the Enzo ECU flash tune?

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1161718

In other words, why choose GSR? Thanks.
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2015, 11:37 PM   #25
GSR Technik
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6 | E92 M3 | '15 Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligament View Post
How would your tune compare to the Enzo ECU flash tune?

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1161718

In other words, why choose GSR? Thanks.
We do all our tuning in-house(done by our tuning engineer - Matt Bekam). We are constantly advancing our tunes and can make adjustments on the fly if needed. We are typically making about 130 variable changes. Most other tuners are just buying simple files from others usually making much fewer changes producing a pretty rudimentary tune. Not sure if Enzo is actually producing the tunes by modifying the binary just buying the tune from someone else. You'd be surprised how many shops say they are tuners but are just buying the tunes from someone else and just loading the tunes and maybe making a few small changes.

Nick...
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 12:06 AM   #26
DfVgyCjmFQnu
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i Auto Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSR Autosport View Post
We do all our tuning in-house(done by our tuning engineer - Matt Bekam). We are constantly advancing our tunes and can make adjustments on the fly if needed. We are typically making about 130 variable changes. Most other tuners are just buying simple files from others usually making much fewer changes producing a pretty rudimentary tune. Not sure if Enzo is actually producing the tunes by modifying the binary just buying the tune from someone else. You'd be surprised how many shops say they are tuners but are just buying the tunes from someone else and just loading the tunes and maybe making a few small changes.

Nick...
Thanks for the prompt reply. I've PM'd you a request for prices.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2015, 11:20 AM   #27
Info@EnzoPerformance
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 M5 700R+

Quote:

Nick...

We totally agree, a lot of fakers out there.

We can assure you we are not one of them.

Name:  Enzo actually tuning_0001_9D6A9606.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  238.0 KB
Name:  Enzo actually tuning_0000_9D6A9554.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  222.7 KB
Appreciate 5
      08-30-2015, 06:54 PM   #28
vteckiller2000
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Do either of you dial down the drivetrain abuse algorithm? Shifting this car even a little aggressively is making me want to sell it.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 06:01 PM   #29
GSR Technik
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vteckiller2000 View Post
Do either of you dial down the drivetrain abuse algorithm? Shifting this car even a little aggressively is making me want to sell it.
Can you elaborate on what you are experiencing?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 12:29 AM   #30
eboosted
Private First Class
Peru
Rep
Drives: x6 5.0i xdrive 2009

Hello GSR:
How would you compare the BMS JB4 with this tune?
What's your target AFR and boost under WOT until redline?
Do you tune the timing maps on WOT and part throttle?
Are you getting more torque on the midrange rpms, between 2-4k than a JB4?
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2015, 04:55 AM   #31
vteckiller2000
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
Can you elaborate on what you are experiencing?
it presents as massive power drop which feels like giant turbo lag but is in fact part of the drivetrain abuse programming. It is much less noticeable without a tune and gets worse the more aggressive the map run with the jb4.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2015, 02:12 PM   #32
GSR Technik
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eboosted View Post
Hello GSR:
How would you compare the BMS JB4 with this tune?
What's your target AFR and boost under WOT until redline?
Do you tune the timing maps on WOT and part throttle?
Are you getting more torque on the midrange rpms, between 2-4k than a JB4?
Well I don't like to knock other people's products publicly or privately. It's a common past time among tuners to bad mouth the competition, but our tunes are superior because of the work we put into it, not because the other options are necessarily bad. That being said, there is a massive market for piggybacks, it is sold much more widely than our tunes that's without a doubt and of course the price point is a large part of its success as well; However, there is benefits to getting an ECU flash done which include removing the top speed limit, controlling air/fuel in part throttle and full throttle, removal of CEL for stage 2 off-road modified vehicles, ability to raise rev limits if you choose, improving throttle response/reducing lag and I think the big seller is the consistency of power delivery.

When we modify your ECU, we don't just raise boost maps and call it a day, it is a delicate balance of art and science, the art portion comes from making power delivery smooth, consistent and predictable to the driver. The science portion comes from knowing that if you change one map, you have to change all maps that correspond or reference that map. I've spent more time looking at the binary and reverse engineering than I'll ever recover in sales but for us it's a matter of pride in workmanship. We are BMW enthusiasts, and if we can make the community better by providing a perpetually superior product we are happy to do so.

So to further answer your technical questions, Air/Fuel on the F-series is a walk in the park, the car uses a closed loop fuel logic so for the most part all you have to do is set a target and the car will hit it (depending on various environmental conditions of course.) I generally target 11.8/12.0 at redline, the DFI cars can afford to run leaner, much much leaner, but the few extra ponies you gain from leaning out the mixture is not worth wondering if the engine will pop every time you goose it.

We do alter ignition timing, both full and partial load values, and we do so with consideration to what mods you have, what the relative temperature/humidity it is in your area, and what fuel type you are using. We have had a lot of people running our tune in harsh conditions in South East Asia and have made adjustments based on region. No cookie cutter tunes here or reselling other peoples product, we like to know exactly what we are installing in each car so we can best support our customers needs.

I believe we are able to make more power and torque than anyone who tunes the F-series, we can modify the tune to be more or less torquey depending on the customers wishes. The first M235i we tuned was for a customer in San Diego, on her first test drive she came back shaking because of how much power there was (over 450wtq) so if torque is what you're after we have no problem giving it to you, just please drive safely haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vteckiller2000 View Post
it presents as massive power drop which feels like giant turbo lag but is in fact part of the drivetrain abuse programming. It is much less noticeable without a tune and gets worse the more aggressive the map run with the jb4.
I haven't heard anyone complain of this with our mapping, there is of course some transmission mapping within the ECU but no matter how aggressive or tame we make a tune it shifts and drives like a stock car. The most common review we get from our customers is, "This is how the car should have come from the factory."

Sorry I can't be of further help on this but I think I need to see/feel what you are experiencing to better understand it.
Appreciate 2